UCF to add Beach Club to stadium

RunInRed

Well this is a little different ...

UCF is excited to announce the first major addition to Bright House Networks Stadium since its opening in 2007-the ESC (East Side Club). Members of the ESC will have access to a Florida themed social area, including a sun deck and covered lounge. The ESC will be located between the 30-yard lines on the east side of Bright House Networks Stadium.

The Florida themed ESC will feature an open-air sundeck, connecting to a covered lounge area. This 10,000-square-foot area will have extended hours both pre- and post-game. The ESC will be the social space to meet up with friends and clients alike on game day.

Members will also have the opportunity to host private events at the ESC, which will be one of the most unique settings on campus, in Orlando and in all of college sports.

UCF Athletics has partnered with the Nassal Company to help design the interior of the ESC. The Nassal Company, which is located in Orlando, has worked on numerous other projects (such as the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, LEGOLAND Florida & Germany and Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville) to create memorable experiences.

When UCF fans enter the home opener on Sept. 5, 2015, Bright House Networks Stadium will have a completely new look and feel. It will have a new character that will serve as a showcase for why UCF and Central Florida are great places to live, work and play.

https://ucfknights.exposure.co/esc

image.png

image.png

image.png

I get that UCF is in Florida and the beach tie-in, but if they were going with something like this, you would think maybe they'd go with a knight theme? Or does the beach theme present a more festive feel?

I get that UCF is in Florida and the beach tie-in, but if they were going with something like this, you would think maybe they'd go with a knight theme? Or does the beach theme present a more festive feel?

It's the festive good time feel that they are after.

People don't travel to Florida to go to Ren fairs. For a lot of those directional Florida schools, proximity to the beach is a legit recruiting tool for students and student-athletes alike. It's part of their identity, much more so than some generic mascot they pulled out of a hat (the school is only 50 years old, not sure about the AD).

And it might be a lot of fun for the fans. Such features are an emergent concept in stadiums, particularly in MLB outfields. And how much would cameras love a beach inside the stadium with a few bikini girls strolling around? I think it's genius.

Will fans in the beach club area be wearing beach attire, swimsuits etc? That could be good and really bad.

I will concede that I am way outside their target demographic. Who, in their right mind, goes to a "big time" college football game to drink a pina colada and slather on the suntan lotion? Just this side of ridiculous from where I'm standing. I guess they see themselves as competing with the Mouse.

Such is life for everybody outside the SEC. Gotta' bring in the circus to fill the stands. Sheesh.

Two things, that will be a mosquito haven, and the UCF coeds are some of the most awesome in the SE. The son and I may have to go catch a UCF game or two. ;-)

Ha, only in Florida. :)/>

I represent that statement...

$20 says the final project will go in the corner of the end zone, where it belongs, with Tampa's pirate ship etc.

The current renderings are a little douche-y. What's with the Aloha look? Surfboards and palm trees are so mid-pacific. Also, if they are going to have a beach, it should be open air. I'm not a fan of that wide sandy tunnel thing.

If executed right, people won't even notice Orlando is an hour from the coast.

Well....if that area features this kind of crowd.....

2001513_600.jpg

Everyone needs to keep in mind the average age of a UCF grad. is only 32 years old. The school was established something like 50 years ago and they stand at 60,000 students yes I said 60,000

When i was stationed in Orlando, the Orange Blossom Trail was populated with UCF co-eds dancing the night away.

AAAHHHHH...to be young once again, but keep the brain i have now.

When i was stationed in Orlando, the Orange Blossom Trail was populated with UCF co-eds dancing the night away.

OBT back in the day or night. Never know what you may come across

OBT back in the day or night. Never know what you may come across

Exactly... ;-)

Gotta' bring in the circus to fill the stands. Sheesh.

That is where you are incorrect. They seem to sell out every year. 45,000 seat capacity. They have the students in a lottery system for tickets. They stadium doesn't have enough seats to accommodate their entire student body. There is money pouring in from the young alumni group that want to be a better program. They have upgraded their facilities. The students call it Under Construction Forever....The campus is nice. Relatively new to the FBS but have won their conference titles since joining the FBS ranks. You may disagree but they could become a powerhouse....

That is where you are incorrect. They seem to sell out every year. 45,000 seat capacity. They have the students in a lottery system for tickets. They stadium doesn't have enough seats to accommodate their entire student body. There is money pouring in from the young alumni group that want to be a better program. They have upgraded their facilities. The students call it Under Construction Forever....The campus is nice. Relatively new to the FBS but have won their conference titles since joining the FBS ranks. You may disagree but they could become a powerhouse....

Being in the state of Florida, I see no reason why they can't. If they put in the money to get the facilities that it takes to draw in talent and keep pushing, they will do it.

Being in the state of Florida, I see no reason why they can't. If they put in the money to get the facilities that it takes to draw in talent and keep pushing, they will do it.

UCF could become a powerhouse if they can get in a get in a Power Five Conference. Money is not a problem for UCF. Have to fight UF to get in SEC and FSU/Miami to get into ACC.

UCF could become a powerhouse if they can get in a get in a Power Five Conference. Money is not a problem for UCF. Have to fight UF to get in SEC and FSU/Miami to get into ACC.

True....I know some of my money is going there! And will continue until a Bachelors and Masters are completed.....

Will fans in the beach club area be wearing beach attire, swimsuits etc? That could be good and really bad.

If so, we know where the TV cameras will be panning to and passing by frequently!!

If so, we know where the TV cameras will be panning to and passing by frequently!!

I'd imagine they will sort that out. Somehow it's always the super good looking women that get the front row seats at all the games on TV. Probably the same here.

I'd imagine they will sort that out. Somehow it's always the super good looking women that get the front row seats at all the games on TV. Probably the same here.

You'll get no complaints from me.

Archived