Just some excitement

tigerbrotha12

Thats awesome. Looks like you are a new source for checking the pulse of the program in relation to players!

There are other stories out there of people who succeeded as a walk-on but here is a local (hsv area) story that I have followed because of his dad being on radio during 'The Drive' home.

Connor Neighbors: link

I copied and pasted a comment from an AUC poster and hoke's reply. Which seemed to substantiate the rumor. It got zapped here in the Williams thread.

Awesome news, congrats to your roommate!

Move over Rudy!

Did he have any offers out of HS?

Jacob didn't have any official offers but had some small schools show a lot of interest in him. I think one school he talked to a lot was Samford, he just decided he wanted to go to Auburn and had to take a Juco route. This is his first semester at Auburn and he's loving every minute of it!

Auburn always has had a rich history of walk ons who goes on o become All-Americans and All-SEC players.

Well, I dunno if I'd say a rich history now.

There are other stories out there of people who succeeded as a walk-on but here is a local (hsv area) story that I have followed because of his dad being on radio during 'The Drive' home.

Connor Neighbors: link

Bonesaw

Walk on tryouts took place last week and I am so happy to say that my roommate, whom I have known since high school, will be playing football for the University we love, the Auburn Tigers. Jacob O'Kelley-Auburn High School graduate, sophomore in hours currently in first semester at Auburn, but has not played any college ball yet. Not huge news for everyone on this board, just excited for one of my best friends!

Wow, congratulations to him!! I would have loved to play football(never played at any level) but I am too short lol

Archived