2016 4* OT EJ Price (USC Signee)

ellitor

3473035.jpg

E.J. Price, OT

Lawrencville, GA (Archer)

6'6 / 295

- Played his junior year for Central Gwinnett High School but transferred to Archer for his senior season

- Has made at least six unofficial visits to campus including most recently, 3/07/15

- OV 1/19/16

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 84, No. 8 OT)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 90, No. 8 OT)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 184, No. 11 OT)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, California, Clemson, Colorado State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Kentucky, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

"It was an excellent experience," Price said of his time on the Plains. "Every time I come out here to Auburn I love it. It was great."

"(Malzahn) broke down the depth chart and let me know they have two tackles right now that will play probably their last year and end up going to the NFL," Price said. "They're recruiting a couple more offensive linemen, but they plan on me getting in here. They believe I have a real true chance at starting as a true freshman.

"Nothing will be given, I'll definitely have to earn it. That's clear, I know that. But they said if I come here with the right mind frame and work hard and work at it I'll definitely have a chance at being a starter."

"My list is still the same," he said. "Auburn and Michigan are tied. They're still co-leaders. I don't know when I'll be able to get up (to Michigan,) but I definitely plan on doing that. I won't make any decisions about moving Auburn and Michigan's ranking before I get a chance to get up there."

http://www.al.com/au...battling_m.html

"Every time I come here they show a lot of love to me," Price told 247Sports after a visit last July. "They always make me very comfortable when I come out here. They tell me every time I come here that they want me to be an Auburn Tiger."

"He's a physical freak, by all definitions," Central Gwinnett head coach Todd Wofford told AL.com last month. "Very athletic, can run, he's powerful but only scratching the surface of what he can do.

"He has a mean streak. He's like the prototype left tackle."

http://www.al.com/au...eat_for_4-.html

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

CZX0DgRWwAAJ-VS.jpg

CZwfCk2WQAQgtuZ.jpg

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the kid certainly does seem to be looking nationally that's for sure. Surprising Georgia didn't make the list, but nevertheless glad to see we're at the top of it. He looks like he'll be a good one.

Mr Price holds his blocks very well. He plays for a very good Program in GA. He will need to gain another 40pds or so before he plays in the SEC. He has the frame to do it.

Mr Price holds his blocks very well. He plays for a very good Program in GA. He will need to gain another 40pds or so before he plays in the SEC. He has the frame to do it.

40?? He already weighs 290. Maybe just build up his muscle/strength. I would say maybe another 20.

1. I don't think anybody was suggesting that the kid doesn't weigh enough. Merely pointing out that he can and will get bigger.

2. I wouldn't put any stock in that list. I wonder how much contact he's had with Jim Harbaugh, for instance.

40?? He already weighs 290. Maybe just build up his muscle/strength. I would say maybe another 20.

I read somewhere yesterday that he was 265 pds. If he is 290 that is good for now. I see that 247 and Rivals list him at 290.

I read somewhere yesterday that he was 265 pds. If he is 290 that is good for now. I see that 247 and Rivals list him at 290.

His highlights had him listed at 265...probably where you saw it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“@Keith247Sports: Several top prospects to visit #Auburn on Saturday, including Army All-American EJ Price http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Top-prospects-to-visit-Auburn-on-Saturday-35761411”

We really need to lock this guy up this weekend!

AU was hoping to get an early commit from Prince and Rochester. Now we have a huge fight for both. Sucks.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm when it comes to us.

just need to keep winning

• 2 weeks later...
Al.com says AU is out of his top 10...but I don't recall seeing him mentioned as an AU prospect. What's this about? Something to make bammmers feel good? Or did I miss something earlier?

Al.com says AU is out of his top 10...but I don't recall seeing him mentioned as an AU prospect. What's this about? Something to make bammmers feel good? Or did I miss something earlier?

He said we weren't in his top 5 but were in his top 10.

This is a HUGE deal. EJ Price is a player that we have been recruiting hard. The coaches we're hoping to get an early commitment from him this spring. We were his co-leaders after he visited a couple of weeks ago. He's an elite OT that we desperately need. Something went very wrong here if this is indeed true...

Archived