2016 4* OT EJ Price (USC Signee)

ellitor

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

ORLANDO, Florida - Word recently came out that Lawrenceville, Ga., four-star offensive tackle E.J. Price had a top three of Georgia, Oklahoma and USC.

Not so, said the 6-foot-6, 311-pound Price on Thursday, two days before he played in Saturday's Under Armour All-America game.

"I just said they were my leaders," said Price.

That means Auburn still has a chance with Price, the No. 62 national recruit in the 247Sports composite.

As of now, Price will visit Oklahoma on Jan. 15, LSU on Jan. 22 and Auburn on Jan. 29. His teammate, five-star receiver Kyle Davis, committed to Auburn and will enroll this month.

"They have a lot of tackles leaving next year," Price said. "That's going to play a role. they got a big win in the (Birmingham) Bowl.

"I look forward to just talking with them some more and just seeing how I fit in with the system and getting over there."

See all AL.com coverage from the 2016 Under Armour week

Price said he has a good relationship with Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes.

"My relationship with the coaching staff, that's going to be a big part of it," Price said. "Everyone has a good education. You're really going to be set as long as you take care of your business."

Price, a one-time Georgia commit, plans to make a Signing Day decision.

He looks good in the orange and blue! Sign him up asap!

So it's AU/UGA?

AU IMO. Teammate of KD. Best buds.

I don't place much into that best buds since we missed out on Ivey last year once we got Cox. Hope I'm wrong on this one though.

So it's AU/UGA?

AU IMO. Teammate of KD. Best buds.

I don't place much into that best buds since we missed out on Ivey last year once we got Cox. Hope I'm wrong on this one though.

I agree. For most of these athletes it is about business. Each player has a different idea of what the schools mean to them and most of them won't let friendships or even blood get in the way of going where they thing they fit best. That is why I am not getting excited about the Meyers brothers either.

"I could get a good look at a T-Bone by sticking my head a bull's a**, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

Great movie! Use several quotes from it regularly

Signed,

Herby Hancock

Wonder what E.J. Price, Willie Allen, Gregory Little, Brodarious Hamm (AU commit) and other OL thinks about coach Herb Hand coming to coach at Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...

I think EJ is leaning UGA. I am glad. I don't want him. I watched him play 2 games this year and one was a playoff game. He takes lots of plays off and he just does not seem to be that good for his size. I watched smaller guys beat him several times. Plus, he is known to have had issues when things do not go his way. I hope someone else gets this spot. JMO.

JFD, believe your assessment of Price is correct.....leaning UGA

Honestly nobody really knows right now.

with new names popping up for the o-line spot do you think it is more Hand wanting them or signs of where things are going?

with new names popping up for the o-line spot do you think it is more Hand wanting them or signs of where things are going?

I did not understand the question as worded but hopefully this helps. AU has needed an OT in this class & has always known that, especially LT. We have dropped the ball there to this point. Hand is trying desperately to get an OT especially since AY went pro which surprised him per 1 recruit.

I did not understand the question as worded but hopefully this helps. AU has needed an OT in this class & has always known that, especially LT. We have dropped the ball there to this point. Hand is trying desperately to get an OT especially since AY went pro which surprised him per 1 recruit.

responded perfectly, ball was dropped and Hand is getting the best guy he can get in 3 weeks

responded perfectly, ball was dropped and Hand is getting the best guy he can get in 3 weeks

Outside of Jonah Willliams as a legit target, to be honest it's not a very good OT class especially when you need 1 or 2. I'm not saying we would have gotten Jonah, but it would have been nice to see us go after him hard early given he is a legacy.

Archived