Hope Somebody is Taking This Seriously

Proud Tiger

ISIS is making some very bold threats. It my sound like idle threats but I hope someone is taking them seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/01/27/isis-threatens-obama-japanese-and-jordanian-hostages-in-new-online-messages/?intcmp=latestnews

selias....neither were most of those hostages ISIS took and beheaded.

They were foolish. They may be backwater zealots but they own the territory there. If I sat on a fire ant mound, I'd expect to get bitten

Statement from U.S. Central Command on the Tactical Situation in Kobani, Syria U.S. Central Command News Release

social_sm_facebook.jpg

social_sm_twitter.jpg

January 26, 2015

Release # 201501902

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TAMPA, Fla. -
U.S. Central Command confirms that anti-ISIL forces now control approximately 90 percent of the city of Kobani. U.S. Central Command congratulates these courageous fighters and thanks them for their efforts.

Anti-ISIL forces have fought aggressively with resilience and fortitude. While the fight against ISIL is far from over, ISIL's failure in Kobani has denied them one of their strategic objectives.

Sorry, I'm not afraid of a bunch of desert dwelling, backwater goat-humpers

You sound like a tough guy. The Peshmerga sure could use your services.

Uh oh selias, looks like someone wants you to sit on the fire ant mound.

Uh oh selias, looks like someone wants you to sit on the fire ant mound.

And here I was, thinking the fire ant mound sounded scrumptious.

Tell me again why I should live in fear over some goat-humping, less than 3rd world, religious zealots half a world away? I'm not stupid, I have no intention of ever "visiting" Iraq but I also will not live in fear.

Edit: I make no claims of being a "tough guy", internet or otherwise. I also have no desire to travel to the Middle East and pick a fight. I live in Columbus, those lunatics could find a blow up The Horseshoe and I still will not live in fear. They make their hay by living off the fearful and those who will be cowed. I will stand up and defend my friends, family and country. If those sonsofbitches want to come over here and pick a fight, then let's go bitches. They will find the average U.S. citizen is more than they bargained for.

Tell me again why I should live in fear over some goat-humping, less than 3rd world, religious zealots half a world away? I'm not stupid, I have no intention of ever "visiting" Iraq but I also will not live in fear.

Edit: I make no claims of being a "tough guy", internet or otherwise. I also have no desire to travel to the Middle East and pick a fight. I live in Columbus, those lunatics could find a blow up The Horseshoe and I still will not live in fear. They make their hay by living off the fearful and those who will be cowed. I will stand up and defend my friends, family and country. If those sonsofbitches want to come over here and pick a fight, then let's go bitches. They will find the average U.S. citizen is more than they bargained for.

"let's go bitches" Interesting :bananadance:

"let's go bitches" Interesting :bananadance:

Make no mistake, I'm not pulling the tough guy routine. I'll guarantee if those goofy bastards try to come over here pulling that caliphate & beheading nonsense, they will find the U.S.A. and her citizens most inhospitable.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." Sun Tzu

I hear you but know this. Those who have fought over there are certain they are no goat humpin, less than third world zealot. They are a determined and smart warrior.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." Sun Tzu

I hear you but know this. Those who have fought over there are certain they are no goat humpin, less than third world zealot. They are a determined and smart warrior.

Yeah, according to my brother they hump the goats before they eat them and harvesting their poppy plants. They want to try their nonsense here in The States, they'll find a different type of population than the one they've cowed in the ME

Yeah, according to my brother they hump the goats before they eat them and harvesting their poppy plants. They want to try their nonsense here in The States, they'll find a different type of population than the one they've cowed in the ME

Yikes...

Nested quote/clutter removed

Yikes...

I've spoken with quite a few Eleven-Bravos who served in the sandbox and smart is not a word that was often used. Murderous, zealot and coward were much more common terms.

Based on how things are turning out in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd say they are pretty smart. There's a saying they've said to me before. You Americans have watches, we have time. Underestimate them at your peril.

Yikes...

I've spoken with quite a few Eleven-Bravos who served in the sandbox and smart is not a word that was often used. Murderous, zealot and coward were much more common terms.

While some of them are probably cowards - after all, they are human - it seems a bit of a stretch to characterize an enemy who occasionally uses explosive vests as such.

Based on how things are turning out in Iraq and Afghanistan, I'd say they are pretty smart. There's a saying they've said to me before. You Americans have watches, we have time. Underestimate them at your peril.

This goes back to me asking why we, the U.S.A., have to play world policemen. I don't give a rat's furry behind what they do over there. Bring that nonsense to my country and we'll have a problem.

Well stated.

Yikes...

While some of them are probably cowards - after all, they are human - it seems a bit of a stretch to characterize an enemy who occasionally uses explosive vests as such.

Zealotry

Once again, well stated.

Yikes...

Zealotry

I agree. But certainly not cowardly zealots.

AUUSN's right about underestimating your enemy. Let's not forget those scrawny little Vietnamese.

Yikes...

Zealotry

AUUSN's right about underestimating your enemy. Let's not forget those scrawny little Vietnamese.

I'm forgetting nothing. Targeting women, children and other defenseless people makes one a coward.

We need to stop pretending to be the world's policeman.

Yikes...

Zealotry

I'm forgetting nothing. Targeting women, children and other defenseless people makes one a coward.

We need to stop pretending to be the world's policeman.

Yeah, we don't do that. Well, except from a distance. :-\

Archived