Men vs. Texas A&M - Post-Game Thread

InfernoOrangeSS

Teams know how to stop AU now. Going to be a tough road to hoe this season. I hope Pearl has a plan to get the young guys on the court more. I know Lang and Reed play a little but it's time to look to 2015-2016. The older guys aren't getting anything done defensively so the young guys need more game experience.

The good news is that I should be able to get some pretty cheap tickets later in the season so the kids can go down and see Aubie!

Got whipped on offense, defense and inbound passes...not even sure where we go from here. Season is already completely over and it will be a miracle if we finish with a better record than last year at this point. Don't really care what the circumstances are....2-5 in the SEC without even having played the top teams in the conference is inexcusable. Offensive coaching is non existent...Can't remember one time this entire year seeing a playcall happen on the court (not out of a timeout). We play tough D but this brickyard have no plan offense is plain awful and needs to be completely scrapped immediately. We have good scorers (3 of them) and can't utilize them at all. This isn't a complete talent issue...it's a coaching and mentality issue as well and those things don't get fixed mid season. I expect next year we will be a little better, but this season ain't happenin

Man you guys are quick to it. Good things are on the horizon! Teams have adapted to Auburn, but Pearl is a D1 coach, he'll begin to adapt. Be excited about things to come even this season! While we are not SEC championship caliber team, we can win a fair share from here out. Watch for the positives and watch for a new day!

Man you guys are quick to it. Good things are on the horizon! Teams have adapted to Auburn, but Pearl is a D1 coach, he'll begin to adapt. Be excited about things to come even this season! While we are not SEC championship caliber team, we can win a fair share from here out. Watch for the positives and watch for a new day!

+1

Very well said!

Their point guards killed us. They made our point guards look like middle school players.

I was hoping for 6-7 SEC wins this season but I dont think this team can win that many. They lack offensive chemistry and rythem.

We are getting beat up inside. Next year this will be fixed and we will be competitive

TAMU one of the best teams in the SEC....AU one of the poorest....the outcome was as it should have been.

Too many weaknesses on the AU team. Everyone has seen us play enough now to know how to exploit those weaknesses.

Lots of holes to fill for next season. I mean, where will the points come from in 2016 when Harrell and Mason leave ?

We are getting beat up inside. Next year this will be fixed and we will be competitive

TAMU one of the best teams in the SEC....AU one of the poorest....the outcome was as it should have been.

Too many weaknesses on the AU team. Everyone has seen us play enough now to know how to exploit those weaknesses.

Lots of holes to fill for next season. I mean, where will the points come from in 2016 when Harrell and Mason leave ?

Our best player is sitting out a transfer year and we signed the #1 JUCO guard.

Our best player is sitting out a transfer year and we signed the #1 JUCO guard.

I know.....like in football, the best players are always some guys on the bench or not eligible.

Mason lead the NCAA in scoring at a smaller college...but like JUCO players usually find out, the SEC is a bigger deal.

We have not been able to make up for the loss of Denson....and I hate to think when Harrell leaves...a 6-5 guy who can shoot and score.

BP has a long way to go to get us into the top tier of the SEC.

Maybe I missed it, but who is the transfer player that is sitting out this year?

Wow, this thread is unnecessarily negative. Seriously, we have less talent than last year and are producing near the same results. Last years team would have given up against TAMU, but our guys at least tried to fight it out. Anyone that expected a miracle turn around really needs to wake up; this year was all about recoaching, working with what we had, and injecting life back into the program.

Now to the TAMU game: Our players are shorter, we have less SEC depth, and TAMU is not playing with a new coach/style. This went the way we kind of all new it probably would. We are not a great shooting team; we all know that. So, everyone take a step back from the ledge and relax.

It takes a combination of talent, Some Big men, speed at point guard, scorers and shooters. This year we have scorers one short big man in Bowers no pure shooters and the one really fast point guard has a separated shoulder. Many of us wanted to be good so bad that we set unrealistic expectations for the first year. I have seen an improvement in our play this year but it has not been enough for a few reasons. The SEC is better this year than last year and improved play does not negate our weaknesses. No true Shot Blocker, not enough big bodies on the boards and no pure shooters.

Next year we have a very good class coming in and we will be better but losing Mason and Harrell will hurt big time. While guys coming in will be good they will all be new and it takes time to create a team identity before anybody says Kentucky does it their freshmen are great not just good.

We will be better next year then will need one more class to really have a chance to realistically expect to make the leap to playoff caliber team. Not impossible next year but I really think it will be two years.

Coach Pearl will get it straightened out. This was more than a one year rebuilding project and everyone knew that when he came. There are going to be some highs and lows along the way. Be patient. Good things are coming!

It's a patchwork, thrown together team for the most part folks. What do yall expect? 3 of our 5 starters didn't even live in this state this time last year and Bruce didn't even get them until late in the process. Personally, I think he's done one heck of a job. Dude is coaching his a$$ off.

We have and are improving. Not to the level I thought we may either, but getting better.

Give Pearl a few years and we will get there. I hope the fans continue to support this team and our coach. Good things are ahead and I have been proud of our enthusiastic crowds. Will pay dividends on the recruiting trail.

We have and are improving. Not to the level I thought we may either, but getting better.

Give Pearl a few years and we will get there. I hope the fans continue to support this team and our coach. Good things are ahead and I have been proud of our enthusiastic crowds. Will pay dividends on the recruiting trail.

While crowds are better, the stands were not even half full for the aTm game. Def gonna take time to build a BBall program at a football school

Got whipped on offense, defense and inbound passes...not even sure where we go from here. Season is already completely over and it will be a miracle if we finish with a better record than last year at this point. Don't really care what the circumstances are....2-5 in the SEC without even having played the top teams in the conference is inexcusable. Offensive coaching is non existent...Can't remember one time this entire year seeing a playcall happen on the court (not out of a timeout). We play tough D but this brickyard have no plan offense is plain awful and needs to be completely scrapped immediately. We have good scorers (3 of them) and can't utilize them at all. This isn't a complete talent issue...it's a coaching and mentality issue as well and those things don't get fixed mid season. I expect next year we will be a little better, but this season ain't happenin

IMO, Pearl is running an offense of the future. For recruiting purposes. You may be somewhat correct on what O would win games this year. He is not here for this year, only. He is trying to show big time recruits HOW we will play. Everything appears to me to be coached better. Coaches can't make shots. Our #1 option may not be a #3 at Texas A&M, and wouldn't start for Kentucky. Point guard play is not good, no disrespect meant to our guys. The lefty last year (Denson?) would definitely improve this teams record. I have watched basketball for years. Played for years at a sandlot level. If you can't see the difference, in players, and coaches, well....I think I do. I will be patient and frustrated. But patient....

IMO, Pearl is running an offense of the future. For recruiting purposes. You may be somewhat correct on what O would win games this year. He is not here for this year, only. He is trying to show big time recruits HOW we will play. Everything appears to me to be coached better. Coaches can't make shots. Our #1 option may not be a #3 at Texas A&M, and wouldn't start for Kentucky. Point guard play is not good, no disrespect meant to our guys. The lefty last year (Denson?) would definitely improve this teams record. I have watched basketball for years. Played for years at a sandlot level. If you can't see the difference, in players, and coaches, well....I think I do. I will be patient and frustrated. But patient....

You stated that perfectly. I agree completely.

Archived