Former U.S. Military Leaders Outline Extremist Threat

autigeremt

All solid points and a fair and balanced approach to our future posture in the Middle East. Oh no! I think Admiral Fallon was getting close to comparing them to a JV team. The righties here will be after you Admiral, be careful! "Navy Admiral to Fallon warned against, “the hype about everything that happens with these characters [radical extremists],” characterizing extremists as mostly, “a pick-up band of jihadists.” cZ6zzSW.jpg

The Navy isn't as directly invested in the day to day fight on the ground as the Army and Marine Corps. When was the last time a ship at sea was attacked by an enemy combatant? 1999 (USS Cole)? Flying sorties, a few corpsman and providing special operations units is much different than putting several thousand soldiers or Marines into the teeth of the enemy for years on end. I think they know something about ground warfare and the enemy we face. I sure do.

And no, this is not a shot at the US Navy. I am very proud of our blue water warriors.

Er,, Marines are Navy.

Really?????? Damn! I never knew that......... :-\ :rolleyes:

But try that statement on Paris Island and see what happens. :)

Marines don't know they are part of the Navy? :dunno:

They know.....but it doesn't always sit well with some leathernecks I know. Good try seat warmer. ;)

Maybe you are confusing "swabbies" with Navy?

WTH are you talking about now? Do you even have a clue on this one? NO!

What? Is the term "swabbie" so out of date you don't know what it means? :dunno:

I'm curious. Do the Marines disrespect the SEALS as Navy?

Oh lord....as a coastie I know all too well what a "swabbie" is....and no, it's not the SEALS that some Marines have an issue with. Marines can be SEALS (often times they are), but you have to get out of the Marines and join the Navy to do so. The Marines have special operators that go through BUDS (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL) but they cannot be called a SEAL.

Well we can all breath a sigh of relief. Obama's Dep. Press Sec. said the Taliban are not terrorists, they are armed insurgents This admin.is just pitiful.

Well we can all breath a sigh of relief. Obama's Dep. Press Sec. said the Taliban are not terrorists, they are armed insurgents This admin.is just pitiful.

Far beyond pitiful.......

The Marines are a department of the Navy... Need I complete the rest?

The Marines are a department of the Navy... Need I complete the rest?

?

Archived