Who is the best AU Corner in the past 10 years?

quietfan

i laughed when powers declared for the draft. i laughed when he was picked in r3. i have stopped laughing now. but i was not sold on him at auburn as an early nfl departure. i think he is better as an nfl guy than he was in college. i have 3 distinct memories of him. the first will always be the TD vs LSU, the second is the dog bite, the 3rd is when he destroyed the LSU QB. Jared Lee, i think.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiger, the question was the last 10 years. It was intentional because we are 10 years removed from Rogers.

Again, personal opinion, Powers and Lee turned into the best players we've had. Irons was consistently very good for two years, but Powers and Lee were better in their final seasons than Irons was in either of his years.

Can I hear a Chris Davis? No corner of the last 10 years will occupy anywhere near a place as CD.

Chris Davis is probably in the top 5, I don't know which speaks to more of our lack of good corners since 04 or how good Chris actually was.

i laughed when powers declared for the draft. i laughed when he was picked in r3. i have stopped laughing now. but i was not sold on him at auburn as an early nfl departure. i think he is better as an nfl guy than he was in college. i have 3 distinct memories of him. the first will always be the TD vs LSU, the second is the dog bite, the 3rd is when he destroyed the LSU QB. Jared Lee, i think.

He destroyed Andrew Hatch. "Pick six" Lee replaced him and frigging beat us lol.

Carlos Rogers shut down half the field. We have never had anyone even close to him and probably never will. If the question is who was the best AU corner of the past 10 years the answer is easy.

He destroyed Andrew Hatch. "Pick six" Lee replaced him and frigging beat us lol.

right. the ivey league kid.

Carlos Rogers shut down half the field. We have never had anyone even close to him and probably never will. If the question is who was the best AU corner of the past 10 years the answer is easy.

Ahem...

He made his first start in the opener his junior year. Really good CB, but he struggled against the run (certainly not an issue for Powers) and gave a lot of cushion on the under. I like a dude that takes away the deep ball and still takes some risks jumping routes every now and then. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

WALT MCFADDEN HAD 2 TD'S THROWN ON HIM IN THREE YEARS AS A STARTER.....GETS MY VOTE.

I didn't realize McFadden only had 2 TDs thrown on him. I don't recall feeling like he was an elite CB during his tenure. Thats a pretty awesome stat!

McFadden was pretty awesome. I'll never forget that crazy pick he had against Moo State in that terrible 3-2 game, as well as his pick six against Northwestern.

While I like Chris Davis as much as the next guy and think he's a great dude, if it weren't for the pick six no one on here would be saying he was top 5 over the last 10 years.

Correct. He was a solid but unspectacular CB.

Wilhite is the one guy no one has mentioned that deserves a shout. He could ball. We had a glut of talent at the spot with Irons, Wilhite, and Lee plus Hobbs/Gilbert as a solid fourth. Been a while since we could roll out a group like that.

Archived