New Scoreboard Proposed

WarTiger

GQBe27L.jpg

The current scoreboard in the South End Zone at JHS is 71ft wide for those wondering ...

Picture_344.png

Texas A&M currently has the largest board in CFB (163x47). New JHS proposed board would be 200ft wide. Looking around the current CFB landscape ...

Capture.png

http://en.wikipedia....um_video_boards

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully more details to come soon. Such as does this include correcting the sound system and game clock system.

The old video screen probably can't be moved to the north end zone where an upper deck may be built.

Hopefully more details to come soon. So does this include correcting the sound system and game clock system.

The old video screen probably can't be moved to the north end zone where an upper deck may be built.

I doubt them moving the screen. I'm guessing that the premium seating will be added in the next 2 years or so. I should think a sound system upgrade will come as well.

If they put in an upper north deck, mostly likely 2 video screens placed in the corners where the ramps are. Which will block the view of people who like to stand on the ramps and watch the game.

I sure hope some one has all this all figured out ... Say what you will about Lowder but on issues like facilities, his leadership was evident. Not so much lately ...

I saw somewhere that the North end zone couldn't support the weight of the old scoreboard.

This only matters in price....I could, in a matter of a few days, install subsurface structural foundation support to increase load capacity at ground level. As far as that goes, I could install a whole new subsurface support structure strong enough to support additional seats in a months time...that would leave six to seven months to install above ground supports and the seats themselves. Again, it's just a matter of money.

I saw somewhere that the North end zone couldn't support the weight of the old scoreboard.

This only matters in price....I could, in a matter of a few days, install subsurface structural foundation support to increase load capacity at ground level. As far as that goes, I could install a whole new subsurface support structure strong enough to support additional seats in a months time...that would leave six to seven months to install above ground supports and the seats themselves. Again, it's just a matter of money.

That NASA's problem too, they went from nothing to putting a man on the moon in less than 10 years with plenty of money back in the 60s. They Have been trying to just build a new manned spacecraft for the last 10 years and are still working on it. Our government in action....

Need some new clocks. How many times this year did we hear Time will be kept on the field!

I agree. This should be the highest priority. An upgrade of the scoreboard is fine, but it affects only the in-stadium experience, although I guess a newer scoreboard might impress recruits too. But the failure of the clock on televised games affects the image of Auburn nationally. I remember it happening at least twice this past season.

PatBoCamRob's wish list:

Leave the jumbotron in its place, but build around it.

Totally redo speaker system.

Scooch the walls of fame out just a tad.

Put in giant sound meters around the screen which light up twin tigers.

Oh, and turn the north end zone into a giant luxury box.

Some of this stuff seems like a no brainer. Surely the PTB can see that we are lacking in some basic areas in regards to stadium amenities. Cmon guys, have a little class and do something.

What are the plans for end zone expansion? Specifically upper decks for each end zone and proposed future seating capacity?

What are the plans for end zone expansion? Specifically upper decks for each end zone and proposed future seating capacity?

Nothing needed IMO. Just give us a decent sound system and an up to date screen....and of course a clock system that keeps time properly without breaking down on national TV.

I heard that the old video/score board is so out of date that they can't get parts for it. That might have something to do with the sound and the clock.

maybe this will be incentive to upgrade the sound system and new clock.

those two should be priorities. Hopefully they are listening.

Archived