New Scoreboard Proposed

WarTiger

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 million dollar video screen because we need to be able to see replays of SEC officials' calls in that much detail?

Oh, and a sound system that was bought at Radio Shack. That seems about right.

Hey guys, at least we are seeing them finally making a move on this. This is a first step and eventually we will get all of what we need to include a new jumbotron (check), sound system, luxury boxes and exterior bricking.

What are the plans for end zone expansion? Specifically upper decks for each end zone and proposed future seating capacity?

They will likely add to the north end with the boxes and other premium seating. I figure that takes place within the next 2 years. Not sure what the capacity would be then. It will likely be a while yet before the south is done.

If I had a vote, it would be yes. 200ft wide, is that the "monitor" width or size of entire structure, with " screen"contained within?

I keep thinking about the board and pavilion area at EverBank StadiumThat is what I think we should eventually move toward on one side. Can anyone post a pic of the sides of the stadium. Wonder what size that board is width wise??

Edit- check this out-

"After a $63 million renovation of EverBank Field, the Jaguars now have the two largest scoreboards in the world, with both measuring 60 feet by 362 feet."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2142883-jacksonville-jaguars-reveal-worlds-largest-scoreboards

What are the plans for end zone expansion? Specifically upper decks for each end zone and proposed future seating capacity?

Nothing needed IMO. Just give us a decent sound system and an up to date screen....and of course a clock system that keeps time properly without breaking down on national TV.

Might need a new elevator too. Signed, Arkansas coaching staff. :)

The current board is 71x28.5ft for those wondering ...

Red- what would a mock up of this look like? I can't even imagine a video board roughly 3 times bigger

imagine one on either side in the photo.

It would be big and impressive...Hopefully it needs new sound to go with it

If I had a vote, it would be yes. 200ft wide, is that the "monitor" width or size of entire structure, with " screen"contained within?

I keep thinking about the board and pavilion area at EverBank StadiumThat is what I think we should eventually move toward on one side. Can anyone post a pic of the sides of the stadium. Wonder what size that board is width wise??

Edit- check this out-

"After a $63 million renovation of EverBank Field, the Jaguars now have the two largest scoreboards in the world, with both measuring 60 feet by 362 feet."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2142883-jacksonville-jaguars-reveal-worlds-largest-scoreboards

Nice. Great to hear making improvements. 200 wide would be impressive.

Saw this on Facebook and decided to join in. I'm all for the scoreboard upgrades to add a little more flash to the stadium. I think the old scoreboard was installed in 98 so its time for a refresh. As far as adding any more seating to the North endzone I think we should worry about selling out the seats we have now before adding more. I'd like to see a long LED screen similiar to what Michigan State has above the North Seats. I got to tour the locker rooms a couple months ago and they could use a lot of work as in gutting and redoing all of it. I can imagine things get pretty cramped when you get the whole team in there. It lacks that wow factor that we need to really grab recruits attention.

Saw this on Facebook and decided to join in. I'm all for the scoreboard upgrades to add a little more flash to the stadium. I think the old scoreboard was installed in 98 so its time for a refresh. As far as adding any more seating to the North endzone I think we should worry about selling out the seats we have now before adding more. I'd like to see a long LED screen similiar to what Michigan State has above the North Seats. I got to tour the locker rooms a couple months ago and they could use a lot of work as in gutting and redoing all of it. I can imagine things get pretty cramped when you get the whole team in there. It lacks that wow factor that we need to really grab recruits attention.

The extra seating in the north end will be skyboxes, which there is a demand for.

The extra seating in the north end will be skyboxes, which there is a demand for.

Exactly. Skyboxes on one side, with a mammoth big screen on the other... Actually make those sky boxes better with a head on view of this major upgrade to visual standards.

Actually the present scoreboard/ video screen has been there about 8 or 9 years. Coach Tuberville was here then.

College stadiums are in a video screen competition now.

Need some new clocks. How many times this year did we hear Time will be kept on the field!

I have to disagree. I think it would be a damn shame for us to break with such a tradition. ;D

Need some new clocks. How many times this year did we hear Time will be kept on the field!

I have to disagree. I think it would be a damn shame for us to break with such a tradition. ;D/>

New analog clocks with Orange faces :big:

Here is an article by Brandon Marcello at Al.com that fills in some more of the details.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/02/auburn_planning_jordan-hare_st.html#incart_river

Thanks for posting. For those wondering about the north end zone scoreboard, it sounds like it might be a few more years before it gets replaced. This is toward the end of the article:

The small scoreboard in the north end zone will remain in place, Jacobs said, but he hopes to replace it with a state-of-the-art video scoreboard in the next two years. Structural upgrades must be discussed before adding a larger scoreboard to the stands.

Our stadium definitely needs upgrades, and this is a step in the right direction. I think our locker room should be a high priority just from a recruiting stand point.

Here is another good article, this time from the Montgomery.

a quote from the article:

"the feasibility study being conducted by JMI Sports, the consulting group Auburn hired in May 2013, is examining a massive expansion project of the north and south end zones that would likely exceed $100 million.

Initial plans call for "developing new club seats supported by indoor hospitality areas behind the end zones," and call for the relocation of Auburn's locker room to the north end, according to SBJ. Auburn would create a premium club on the north end with a wider concourse and bigger, padded seats and better food and beverage options, JMI chief executive Erik Judson told SBJ.

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs, who was not immediately available for comment, told SBJ the plan would add about 200 seats to the current 87,451 capacity."

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/auburnauthority/2015/02/01/auburn-planning-for-biggest-video-board-in-college-football-at-jordan-hare-stadium/22710003/

Archived