New Scoreboard Proposed

WarTiger

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really like to see this. Auburn is becoming a do whatever it takes program.

What is the likelyhood this gets voted down?

nil. It will pass. They don't announce things like this unless they know it will be approved.

Hopefully this is the start of them actually refurbing our stadium from the inside out. Me personally I would rather use that money to either put more seats in or do something to the outside of the stadium by covering up the erector set. Probably would cost more money but you have to start of somewhere.

Can anyone tell me, now that the SEC Network revenue is coming, how much additional revenue does that equate to for Auburn compared to the "TV revenue" we used to get before there was a SEC Network? I read that the SEC Network revenue will be about $35 million per school per year initially. Any idea what we used to get before the SEC Network?

Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda ridiculous? The size of the scoreboard would be at #10 on my list of priorities... I think failing to get rid of the high school football looking scoreboard on the other side is going to be even more apparent now. And what happens when they expand? I just wish that we would have spent this money on a new sound system or a new football complex first.

Can anyone tell me, now that the SEC Network revenue is coming, how much additional revenue does that equate to for Auburn compared to the "TV revenue" we used to get before there was a SEC Network? I read that the SEC Network revenue will be about $35 million per school per year initially. Any idea what we used to get before the SEC Network?

Just 35 mil? I would hope it's more. Each big10 school is getting 45 million a school through their network. The sec network is carried by more stations. It has to be killing the big10 network. 35 seams low.

Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda ridiculous? The size of the scoreboard would be at #10 on my list of priorities... I think failing to get rid of the high school football looking scoreboard on the other side is going to be even more apparent now. And what happens when they expand? I just wish that we would have spent this money on a new sound system or a new football complex first.

No, when I first heard this I thought it was ridiculous too. I am more curious about where all this money is going to come from if we are still paying ex coaches and we were operating in the red a year ago (not by much, but still, not in the black).

The University would do well to lay out some comprehensive plans and chronological "benchmarks of achievement of goals" so some of us (like me) aren't so apprehensive about stuff like this.

Just 35 mil? I would hope it's more. Each big10 school is getting 45 million a school through their network. The sec network is carried by more stations. It has to be killing the big10 network. 35 seams low.

We have 14 teams, they don't, and the Network's footprint is still supposed to grow in the next few years...I really don't know what the Big 10 Network footprint covers. I will have to go back and read, but the article said by year 3 SEC NEtwork revenue should be 40 million per school. If you google "SEC network revenue" it was the first article that came up that I read....it had some good info...I think it even ranked all the networks by how many million households they each cover.

So I guess we are going to take our first chunk of change and buy a new gigantic scoreboard??

Big 10 has been at it longer. Larger population as well.

Big 10 has been at it longer. Larger population as well.

Actually I went back and re-read the article....within 3 years each SEC school should be receiving about $40 million per year in TV revenue....about half of that will come from the SEC Network and the other half will be from other networks. Last year each SEC school received 20.7 million from the CBS and NBC deals. The Big 10 (last summer) only reached 52 million households and the SEC already had 75 million.

That's ... ummm ... rather large.

B83gTSVIYAAQheA.jpg

Probably about right. A college football field is 160 feet sideline to sideline. That leave 20 feet on either side to make the 200 video screen width.

The one concern I have about it is wind. That is a huge surface and high winds might damage it if there is not sufficient structural support behind it.

Anyone doing a flyover of JHS will have no problem seeing the screen either!!!

We have 14 teams, they don't, and the Network's footprint is still supposed to grow in the next few years...I really don't know what the Big 10 Network footprint covers. I will have to go back and read, but the article said by year 3 SEC NEtwork revenue should be 40 million per school. If you google "SEC network revenue" it was the first article that came up that I read....it had some good info...I think it even ranked all the networks by how many million households they each cover.

So I guess we are going to take our first chunk of change and buy a new gigantic scoreboard??

They have 14 like us.

Check out this perspective (AU's current board, largest in cfb - TAMU, proposed) ...

B80dEz2CUAM8Jde.jpg

I live here in college station. They announced how big the screen was going to be and people were gasping at the size of it. Once installed, it looked to fit perfect.

With this video supply, when the clock fails in the future we can just broadcast a close-up of a stop watch being operated manually. ;D

Homer, lost my wine with that one. Lord if anything needs to get fixed it's our game clock system. It is so embarassing but it seems like nothing is being done. Hope the game clock is in the budget. ;D . Actually, it'snot that funny.

Archived