New Scoreboard Proposed

WarTiger

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big is this new scoreboard going to be and what is the price tag?

This is page 12 of the thread. Reading the thread will help.

Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda ridiculous? The size of the scoreboard would be at #10 on my list of priorities... I think failing to get rid of the high school football looking scoreboard on the other side is going to be even more apparent now. And what happens when they expand? I just wish that we would have spent this money on a new sound system or a new football complex first.

No, when I first heard this I thought it was ridiculous too. I am more curious about where all this money is going to come from if we are still paying ex coaches and we were operating in the red a year ago (not by much, but still, not in the black).

The University would do well to lay out some comprehensive plans and chronological "benchmarks of achievement of goals" so some of us (like me) aren't so apprehensive about stuff like this.

Am I the only one that thinks this is kinda ridiculous? The size of the scoreboard would be at #10 on my list of priorities... I think failing to get rid of the high school football looking scoreboard on the other side is going to be even more apparent now. And what happens when they expand? I just wish that we would have spent this money on a new sound system or a new football complex first.

No, when I first heard this I thought it was ridiculous too. I am more curious about where all this money is going to come from if we are still paying ex coaches and we were operating in the red a year ago (not by much, but still, not in the black).

The University would do well to lay out some comprehensive plans and chronological "benchmarks of achievement of goals" so some of us (like me) aren't so apprehensive about stuff like this.

I'm no accountant but there are different ways to count your expenditures and money coming in and all of that. You can have money even though you show a loss on the books. JJ said we're in plenty good shape financially back when we were trying to get WM.

Those of us in Georgia assume the funding is coming from out of state tuition!!! Ouch

LOL! What is out-of-state now, double?

Seems like they could at least provide a "legacy" credit.

Those of us in Georgia assume the funding is coming from out of state tuition!!! Ouch

LOL! What is out-of-state now, double?

Seems like they could at least provide a "legacy" credit.

Out of state is almost triple the in state tuition amount. That is what most public colleges charge out of state students.

Approved ...

10753645.jpeg

The trustees approved the video board and scoreboard in the South end zone and approved a feasibility study for upgrades in the North end zone that would include premium seating, a new home locker room and new scoreboard. The trustees approved specific architectural and construction firms to devise a plan for the upgrades in the North end zone.

The South end zone scoreboard, new audio system and additional electronic ribbons fronting the upper decks approved Friday are expected to cost $13.9 million and will be paid for by the athletic department through debt service. The specific cost of the video board is $3.5 million. The overall cost includes the removal of the current scoreboard and installing the new one. The old scoreboard will be removed in March and construction of the new scoreboard will begin soon after.

The LED display on the new scoreboard will be 435 percent larger than the existing one. The new display area is expected to measure 190 feet by 57. The old one measures 71 feet by 85.

http://www.auburntig.../020615aab.html

16950492-mmmain.jpg

Have they put any thought into how many players are going to trip over their own feet as they watch themselves?

This could cost a couple first downs a game...

:rimshot:

Plans already out for bidding......apparently the first options were much more expensive. Designing the structural support able to withstand straight line winds against the giant flat surface has apparently proven very tricky. Of course, should my company get the job, I have already volunteered to oversee the project ;D

How much debt are we taking on? Seems like a lot these days.

Actually we have 20 million in reserves, but Jay wants to keep it there as we move forward with this and the other improvements in the pipeline. They will borrow the money from the university to get it started. Moving forward they will roll this project into a bond issue with the north end zone project.

Archived