New Scoreboard Proposed

WarTiger

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big is this new scoreboard going to be and what is the price tag?

This is page 12 of the thread. Reading the thread will help.

Classic WT

56' x 200' and $13.9 million.

I can't see us spending 3 to 4 million on a scoreboard when the outside of Jordan-Hare needs a lot of work done to it. It would look so much better if they would brick it up and hide all that steele polls and other things.

I can't see us spending 3 to 4 million on a scoreboard when the outside of Jordan-Hare needs a lot of work done to it. It would look so much better if they would brick it up and hide all that steele polls and other things.

It's not the exposed structure that's intentional on that portion. Apparently. There's a plan in the workS. We'll get a feasibility study this summer.

Does anyone know where to find the proposed plan of Jordan Hare by 360 Architecture? I remember it being posted a while back.

Well that plan can be scrapped! Not gonna put a 200' scoreboard if there is ever a plan to add end zone seats to both ends...I suppose the opposite end could get upper deck. Would actually be good seats with a 200' screen across from you.

Does anyone know where to find the proposed plan of Jordan Hare by 360 Architecture? I remember it being posted a while back.

Thank you RIR. I for some reason thought I remembered a virtual plan that was linked on here a while back (possibly last spring or summer)

Well that plan can be scrapped! Not gonna put a 200' scoreboard if there is ever a plan to add end zone seats to both ends...I suppose the opposite end could get upper deck. Would actually be good seats with a 200' screen across from you.

JJ has stated that there are no plans to expand any time soon. The first expansion, whenever it comes, will be luxury boxes in the north end.

The large jumbotron doesn't necessarily preclude adding some new seats or some luxury boxes under it at a later date. It all depends on where they locate the superstructure. If they locate it to accommodate future amenities such as a concourse, luxury boxes or seating and place the jumbtron high enough on the structure, there can be enough space to add in underneath at a later date. Everbank Stadium in Jacksonville gives you an idea.

during construction

1399322215000-everbank-good.JPG

completed with luxury boxes and a new upper concourse

Carrie+Underwood+test+-+By+Adam+Madrid.jpg

This is a comparison the Jags did for their fans before the project began and gives you a good idea of the changes coming to JH. Notice also that the Jags actually removed some 2nd level seats when they added the jumbotron, luxury boxes and concourse to their EZ.

web_VideoBoard.jpg

Hope they do not ruin it with too many ads like Texas

ncf_u_texasstadium_ms_576x324.jpg

What he said.

I guarantee you with a board that big there will be ad's all around the perimeter as well at the ribbon boards. Every food vendor + yellawood + crane works, etc. will buy a spot.

What he said.

I guarantee you with a board that big there will be ad's all around the perimeter as well at the ribbon boards. Every food vendor + yellawood + crane works, etc. will buy a spot.

Somebody's got to pay for it...and maybe a Golden Flake ad somewhere too?

What he said.

Yes and it will pay for new seats and other additions. Remember its all about the money.Revenue will explode.

Any chance Auburn would be interested in donating the existing scoreboard to a smaller in-state school?

If someone "in the know" thinks this is a possibility, please PM me.

^^This would be great PR for AU - the only thing will be the logistics & transportation costs in addition to installation at the new facility. That could get costly, the "old" board dwarfs the new one but it's still a big ass board.

Any chance Auburn would be interested in donating the existing scoreboard to a smaller in-state school?

If someone "in the know" thinks this is a possibility, please PM me.

^^This would be great PR for AU - the only thing will be the logistics & transportation costs in addition to installation at the new facility. That could get costly, the "old" board dwarfs the new one but it's still a big ass board.

Ours at Alabama A&M needs replacing. Since us and AU are both sister Universities (only two land grant universities in the State), it's almost a no-brainer.

d4cfde7318d4eba82333d8aca4900dcea45e8c9f.jpg-590x1000.png

Who would be the point of contact at AU to inquire about this?

Brandon Marcello@bmarcello 2m2 minutes ago

Jay Jacobs: The $13.9 million proposal for new video board, the largest in CFB, includes an upgraded PA system, ribbon boards.

upgraded PA is nice as well

Disappointed there is no mention of upgrading the game clock, however...

Jay Jacobs: The $13.9 million proposal for new video board, the largest in CFB, includes an upgraded PA system, ribbon boards.

When have you ever seen a scoreboard without a game clock. Do people seriously not understand they are one and the same? wow.

When have you ever seen a scoreboard without a game clock. Do people seriously not understand they are one and the same? wow.

I'd be surprised if they were one and the same. My thinking is that we have an electronic game clock and some official in charge of pushing the buttons (start/stop/reset/adding a second!) and that one of the outputs of this clock goes to the scoreboard. Now, I don't know what's wrong with the current system, but it doesn't appear to be very reliable.

I'd be surprised if they were one and the same. My thinking is that we have an electronic game clock and some official in charge of pushing the buttons (start/stop/reset/adding a second!) and that one of the outputs of this clock goes to the scoreboard. Now, I don't know what's wrong with the current system, but it doesn't appear to be very reliable.

It's two individuals but the clock will have the same upgrade to the modern electronics as the video screen. It will all be one package.

It's two individuals but the clock will have the same upgrade to the modern electronics as the video screen. It will all be one package.

Good to know. Thank for sharing actual knowledge

Dude... what's with the rudeness.? No they aren't the same thing. The scoreboard is a glorified computer monitor. The gameclock is a seperate tech that displays on it, as well as the playclock screens in the corners.

Archived