This is going to annoy EVERYONE. But I agree w/ this gay, married man.

AURaptor

Ah, so it's the offseason entertainment? My apologies.

Did I miss something? Was this forum created for any other purpose that I am not aware of?

I'm the new girl. Just sayin.....

Welcome by the way.

As you can see already, reading this forum with "sarcastic" eyes is helpful with many posts.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how God decide who gets the opportunity and who gets "the treatment".

At least you keep us on our toes.

How does "society" decide these matters?

I am not GOD nor do I know exactly how he thinks. Even you are intelligent enough to understand we could not comprehend a fraction of his knowledge if he does exist. If this "god" did create the universe we live in, could all of our scientists combined understand how he did it even if it was in a book? How big would this book be? We have started "cloning" and genetic manipulation but how much of this earths population could comprehend a manual on exactly how to do these things?

Most of us never figured out the VCR.

Even I am intelligent enough to understand..... ??? Gee, thanks. :-\ :glare:

BTW, that last line is great! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even I am intelligent enough to understand..... ??? Gee, thanks. :-\/> :glare:/>

I will apologize (while laughing)

Bad choice of words. We will blame that one on my articulation. (or lack)

English is tough for a south GA boy

Here is my gesture of friendship from a writer whom I respect for his blunt skepticism of accepted norms.

The idea of morality - or "good" - could be an example of evolutionary development. A moral society is more robust than an amoral society from an evolutionary standpoint.

Morality is a natural phenomenon.

So being manipulated into living your life by the rules of others is your idea of progress?

Sucks to be you.

I don't agree at all. Intelligent man would know that survival of the fittest is not only the rule of the jungle, but it is best for the whole of man. If you have more land, and I have more guns, it is to the betterment of mankind for me to take it from you. That is inherent in the science. I don't buy your human compassion bs. It is the rule of the fittest that propels mankind. Therefore it is my right, IT IS MY DUTY to mankind to take it from you and put it to "better hands & minds."

Like I said it is all opinion, yours sucks, mine wins. It is inevitable. It is right.

WTF? :dunno: Man, you sure are angry!

That first sentence is nonsensical. And the "sucks to be you" is kinda of ironic for a presumably self-proclaimed Christian. :-\

Do you normally go off like that on someone simply expressing their opinion?

And clearly you don't understand evolution. It's not about the survival of the fittest organism (as individuals), it's the ability of populations of organisms - or in our case, a society - to adapt and change.

And of course, for one individual to rob another does not "better" mankind. Just the opposite, which is exactly my point. Was that supposed to be satirical? Kind of hard to tell with all that Christian venom flying around.

Love how you modified my post...but you are the HOMER.

I included the <example> so even the stupid people on this forum would clearly understand that it was just an example of another opinion, and not necessarily mine. :rolleyes:

You, are having another faux misunderstanding with yourself so you can dodge having to deal with the what was actually said.

With God/Gods out of the picture, everything is just OPINION and therefore no better than any other opinion in the world. Morally based opinions are subjective as to what you are basing your morals on: The Good of the Species, The Good of Man, The Good of the Nation, The Good of the Ruling Class, The Good of the King, The Good of the People, The Good of Cow Dung, whatever. It is all subjective, for there is no universal standard. If you think there is one, then, THAT IS JUST YOUR OPINION. Every area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers would have a separate and differing take on what is best for that area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers. Confuscianists would be great to follow, but you know what, if someone decided to follow the Nazis, that would be just as valid a way of life and you could validate that with some science and some faux science and go your merry way, because all opinions on ways of life would stand equally valid because, by definition, there would ABSOLUTELY BE NO ABSOLUTE.

Your clinging to Pollyanna-ism is just your opinion. I may choose to cling to Pollyanna-ism myself, but that doesnt make any other choice not just as valid. Polyanna-ism and Anarchism are co-equally valid with Radical Evolutionism or Radical Take Over the World-ism. Dont think it would happen? Look to Nazi Germany. The most educated and most intelligent nation in Europe became the biggest thugs on the planet and even cloaked themselves, at least for a while, with Catholicism. Now The Nazis plainly used the useful idiot theory when dealing with the Catholic Church and they said so in their writings. They rationalized and created Faux Science and Faux History, a heaping helping of Neitzsche, Darwin, and Genghis Khan and mixed it with some faux mythology, some nationalism, some racism, some anti-semitism (ALL EQUALLY VALID) and voila, the Holocaust. Hitler had the Elites on two continents liking what they saw until the blood started really flowing.

So, Pollyanna, you assume that religions were created to control and manipulate people into doing good. Maybe you are right. Lets say you are. At some point in the past some Elites, IN EVERY CULTURE ACROSS THE GLOBE, decided that the only way to stop man from butchering the rest of mankind was to event a Invisible Boogeyman that you claim God to be. Seems to me that maybe the very OPINION that you cling to seems to validate my point. The only way to stem the blood thirstiness of Man on every continent was to create the Invisible Boogeyman. Maybe this religion thing is at worst a tool used to actually effect the very changes you want to see? Maybe without the whip of an Invisible Boogeyman, we all just degenerate into OPINIONS on what the definition of what is the Right Thing To Do? Maybe, just maybe, you have stumbled into what we as Mankind learned Millenia go, that our baser instincts trump all our believes in reason? There is a reason Mankind's history is so filled with blood.

Maybe we are just not that noble of an animal when left to our own "Opinions?"

The idea of morality - or "good" - could be an example of evolutionary development. A moral society is more robust than an amoral society from an evolutionary standpoint.

So being manipulated into living your life by the rules of others is your idea of progress?

Sucks to be you.

I don't agree at all. Intelligent man would know that survival of the fittest is not only the rule of the jungle, but it is best for the whole of man. If you have more land, and I have more guns, it is to the betterment of mankind for me to take it from you. That is inherent in the science. I don't buy your human compassion bs. It is the rule of the fittest that propels mankind. Therefore it is my right, IT IS MY DUTY to mankind to take it from you and put it to "better hands & minds."

Like I said it is all opinion, yours sucks, mine wins. It is inevitable. It is right.

<example>

Touche!!

Sucks to be you.

That first sentence is nonsensical. And the "sucks to be you" is kinda of ironic for a presumably self-proclaimed Christian. :-\

And clearly you don't understand evolution. It's not about the survival of the fittest organism (as individuals), it's the ability of populations of organisms - or in our case, a society - to adapt and change.

And of course, for one individual to rob another does not "better" mankind. Just the opposite, which is exactly my point. Was that supposed to be satirical? Kind of hard to tell with all that Christian venom flying around.

Love how you modified my post...but you are the HOMER.

I included the <example> so even the stupid people on this forum would clearly understand that it was just an example of another opinion, and not necessarily mine. :rolleyes:

You, are having another faux misunderstanding with yourself so you can dodge having to deal with the what was actually said.

So does that mean it doesn't "suck to be me" even though I am "stupid"?

Man, I can just feel that Christian love and compassion washing over me.

Sucks to be you.

...With God/Gods out of the picture, everything is just OPINION and therefore no better than any other opinion in the world. Morally based opinions are subjective as to what you are basing your morals on: The Good of the Species, The Good of Man, The Good of the Nation, The Good of the Ruling Class, The Good of the King, The Good of the People, The Good of Cow Dung, whatever. It is all subjective, for there is no universal standard. If you think there is one, then, THAT IS JUST YOUR OPINION. Every area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers would have a separate and differing take on what is best for that area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers. Confuscianists would be great to follow, but you know what, if someone decided to follow the Nazis, that would be just as valid a way of life and you could validate that with some science and some faux science and go your merry way, because all opinions on ways of life would stand equally valid because, by definition, there would ABSOLUTELY BE NO ABSOLUTE.

And that response is ironic, considering you accused me of not understanding.

When I refer to morality as being natural, it has nothing to do with my "opinion". It's about the evolution of values that are then taught to our children. It's also referred to as Sociobiology. Nature is not opinion, it's nature. Of course, the fact I believe - or recognize - nature can be called my opinion, just like the fact you believe in a controlling God is nothing more than your opinion.

Regardless, you have a lot of nerve to castigate me of expressing my opinion. That sounds like someone who thinks their position is not opinion, but the TRUTH, which is the basis of radicalization and extremism.

And how did I "modify" your post?

Sucks to be you.

<example>

Touche!!

Touche' ??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More like blindly flailing away with a blunt instrument. :rolleyes:

Sucks to be you.

...With God/Gods out of the picture, everything is just OPINION and therefore no better than any other opinion in the world. Morally based opinions are subjective as to what you are basing your morals on: The Good of the Species, The Good of Man, The Good of the Nation, The Good of the Ruling Class, The Good of the King, The Good of the People, The Good of Cow Dung, whatever. It is all subjective, for there is no universal standard. If you think there is one, then, THAT IS JUST YOUR OPINION. Every area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers would have a separate and differing take on what is best for that area, region, philosophy, teaching of man, government, empire, House of Rulers. Confuscianists would be great to follow, but you know what, if someone decided to follow the Nazis, that would be just as valid a way of life and you could validate that with some science and some faux science and go your merry way, because all opinions on ways of life would stand equally valid because, by definition, there would ABSOLUTELY BE NO ABSOLUTE.

When I refer to morality as being natural, it has nothing to do with my "opinion". It's about the evolution of values that are then taught to our children. It's also referred to as Sociobiology. Nature is not opinion, it's nature. Of course, the fact I believe - or recognize - nature can be called my opinion, just like the fact you believe in a controlling God is opinion.

Regardless, you have a lot of nerve to castigate me of expressing my opinion. That sounds like someone who thinks their position is not opinion, but the truth, which is the basis of radicalization and extremism.

AAANNNDDD that is your opinion.

Sorry old man, you cant just take your well worn opinion and just define it to be Natural and therefore Universal to all.

I and many more do not have your opinion, therefore your opinion is not Universal, or Natural, and therefore is just equal to every other opinion out there. IE "just another opinion." It is ALL OPINION. You get so close and then the kool-aid gets in the way.

I have clearly stated above how you modified my post. Dont try and define that away either.

WHEN YOU PURPOSELY DELETE WORDS OUT OF ANOTHER'S POST, YOU ARE MODIFYING THAT POST.

Sheesh, you are so tiresome.

Yep. Those who don't believe, blame God for the bad things in the world that we actually caused, but then reject the idea that God is real and created anything in the first place. Talk about double-mindedness.

Sucks to be you.

When I refer to morality as being natural, it has nothing to do with my "opinion". It's about the evolution of values that are then taught to our children. It's also referred to as Sociobiology. Nature is not opinion, it's nature. Of course, the fact I believe - or recognize - nature can be called my opinion, just like the fact you believe in a controlling God is opinion.

Regardless, you have a lot of nerve to castigate me of expressing my opinion. That sounds like someone who thinks their position is not opinion, but the truth, which is the basis of radicalization and extremism.

AAANNNDDD that is your opinion.

Sorry old man, you cant just take your well worn opinion and just define it to be Natural and therefore Universal to all.

I and many more do not have your opinion, therefore your opinion is not Universal, or Natural, and therefore is just equal to every other opinion out there. IE "just another opinion." It is ALL OPINION. You get so close and then the kool-aid gets in the way.

I have clearly stated above how you modified my post. Dont try and define that away either.

WHEN YOU PURPOSELY DELETE WORDS OUT OF ANOTHER'S POST, YOU ARE MODIFYING THAT POST.

Sheesh, you are so tiresome.

Excuuuuuse me, but I have just as much right - and a lot more logic - to declare my opinion to be "natural and therefore universal" as you do in proclaiming an imaginary God to have dominion over reality.

And the sophomoric insults do nothing to strengthen your case. Just the opposite.

I have absolute certainty that God does indeed exist. I also understand and, respect those who question His existence.

In this world, evil is permitted to exist and, even thrive if that is what mankind chooses. Our freewill is not compromised. Christianity, the Bible, the Church, are not above being corrupted. In my opinion, the only way to know Christ, is to allow Him and His perfect love to reside in your heart. This will not make you perfect but, you will be keenly aware of right and wrong. You will begin to understand your own hypocrisies. You will no longer be concerned with the contradictions found in doctrine and the Bible. The confusion that is created by attempting to reconcile religious philosophy with political philosophy will end.

In my most humble opinion, Christ is perfect love. Our ability to understand is limited. It is as limited as our ability to understand the concept of our earthly lifetimes versus eternal life. The greatest hope for ourselves, and the world, is to invite Christ into our hearts. Only then can we begin to understand Christ's love and, the meaning of our existence. Too often, I believe Christians look for the answers in the Bible rather than turning to the love of Christ that should be in their hearts. I truly believe that one can memorize the Bible and yet, know nothing about Christ. I believe that this is what Christ meant when he said, HE is the word.

Again, in my most humble opinion, the real call of Christ is not to fight or defeat evil, it is not to attain a scholarly wisdom of the Bible, but rather, to feel, know, and reflect His perfect love, to the best of our ability. Only then, can we make a real difference.

Christ is the opposite of hate, suffering, and misery. Here on earth, for a relatively, and extremely, short period of time, evil is allowed free reign. We can not blame Christ for allowing it. We can only blame ourselves for corrupting or refusing His message of love and, promoting the evil that we embrace. The love of Christ is not the reason for war, famine, disease. The love of Christ is the solution. We as humans, particularly Christians, are failing,,, not the perfect love of Christ.

I have absolute certainty that God does indeed exist. I also understand and, respect those who question His existence.

In this world, evil is permitted to exist and, even thrive if that is what mankind chooses. Our freewill is not compromised. Christianity, the Bible, the Church, are not above being corrupted. In my opinion, the only way to know Christ, is to allow Him and His perfect love to reside in your heart. This will not make you perfect but, you will be keenly aware of right and wrong. You will begin to understand your own hypocrisies. You will no longer be concerned with the contradictions found in doctrine and the Bible. The confusion that is created by attempting to reconcile religious philosophy with political philosophy will end.

In my most humble opinion, Christ is perfect love. Our ability to understand is limited. It is as limited as our ability to understand the concept of our earthly lifetimes versus eternal life. The greatest hope for ourselves, and the world, is to invite Christ into our hearts. Only then can we begin to understand Christ's love and, the meaning of our existence. Too often, I believe Christians look for the answers in the Bible rather than turning to the love of Christ that should be in their hearts. I truly believe that one can memorize the Bible and yet, know nothing about Christ. I believe that this is what Christ meant when he said, HE is the word.

Again, in my most humble opinion, the real call of Christ is not to fight or defeat evil, it is not to attain a scholarly wisdom of the Bible, but rather, to feel, know, and reflect His perfect love, to the best of our ability. Only then, can we make a real difference.

Christ is the opposite of hate, suffering, and misery. Here on earth, for a relatively, and extremely, short period of time, evil is allowed free reign. We can not blame Christ for allowing it. We can only blame ourselves for corrupting or refusing His message of love and, promoting the evil that we embrace. The love of Christ is not the reason for war, famine, disease. The love of Christ is the solution. We as humans, particularly Christians, are failing,,, not the perfect love of Christ.

:clap:

And the Christian Church in America, as a whole has failed miserably in many ways concerning showing love to others.

We failed by trying to cram fundamentalist salvation down peoples throats, for example.

Yep. Those who don't believe, blame God for the bad things in the world that we actually caused, but then reject the idea that God is real and created anything in the first place. Talk about double-mindedness.

Just to clarify, I for one, don't blame "God" for anything.

And I think the ones who are apparently "blaming him" for bad things are actually making a rhetorical argument attacking the principle of an all-loving God. I don't think they are admitting that God is real.

Still find this thread funny. :laugh:

It is funny and it gets repeated about 2X a year.

Yeah, I can tell you think it's funny by the way your posts are steeped in good nature. :-\

Put on your big girl panties and shut up...Please?

Just to clarify, I for one, don't blame "God" for anything.

And I think the ones who are apparently "blaming him" for bad things are actually making a rhetorical argument attacking the principle of an all-loving God. I don't think they are admitting that God is real.

I wasn't pointing you out by any means, it was just a general statement about the arguments that I have seen here and elsewhere.

thank you ICHY, that made more sense than any sermon i have ever heard. Not followed by an offering plate either.

Still find this thread funny. :laugh:

Yeah, I can tell you think it's funny by the way your posts are steeped in good nature. :-\

The sophomoric insults don't help your case or your reputation. Just the opposite.

Still find this thread funny. :laugh:/>

Yeah, I can tell you think it's funny by the way your posts are steeped in good nature. :-\/>

The sophomoric insults don't help your case or your reputation. Just the opposite.

Some one needs to take a long look in a mirror. (I already have. Thus my attempt at being more civil). We would all be better for the effort.

Thanks ichy for expressing what I truly believe in my heart but could not have possibly put into words so eloquently.

Archived