Bruce thoughts

AuburnSpider

I love me some CBP best thing to happen to AMB in my over 5 decades. I saw this is maybe the first 4 game Loseing streak he's had. Is he in it for the long haul. Did he fully appreciate the depths this program had sunk too. What are your thoughts about his commitment to Auburn.

He knows if he takes AU to the heights he has shown he can, he will have a legacy at AU. Court or coliseum named after him, etc. I think that's what he wants.

He knows if he takes AU to the heights he has shown he can, he will have a legacy at AU. Court or coliseum named after him, etc. I think that's what he wants.

I agree fully with this.

Yeah nowhere to go but up. He understands that to change the culture of men's basketball at AU he has to have a roster full of guys that he has recruited--guys not yet tainted by the Auburn basketball loser mentality. He won't bolt. He'll get the ship righted and reap the praises of billions as the one man who dared to dream that Auburn basketball could one day reach the four minute mark of a close game and not have more turnovers than field goals the rest of the way; a man who thought that Auburn basketball could actually beat Vandy, Tennessee, or Florida; a man who dared consider that he could guide Auburn basketball through an entire basketball season without the team experiencing even one 10:30 scoring drought.

If you haven't experienced a game at Auburn Arena this year, you can't fathom the difference Bruce has made already. I mean, the environment is electric, and it's obvious. Just look at the class he is bringing in next year..... We will be better with a FULL offseason of coaching for Bruce and company. I expect a better product next year, but the product this year is still better coached than any Barbee team ever was.

Pearl Arena has a pleasant ring to it. I think he's down for the cause.

I'm sure getting AU just to the final four would do it.

When you think his penalty with the ncaa was almost up and I'm sure he would have received countless offers to get back into coaching at schools where basketball is more than an afterthought, the fact he came to Auburn to turn this program around means something. He knows he doesn't have the talent he needs but the good news is he has the talent he will need coming in.

I think Bruce has done an exceptional job considering the talent that is there. Even so he gets a lot out of the guys he has. Bowers has been the best surprise of the season (except when he tries to dribble) and even with the lack of depth we are getting quality minutes off the bench, especially Malcolm Canada. We will get there, give Bruce some time. I guarantee you we will be better year two than any Barbee coached team ever was.

We are just plain bad. It is simply a fact. Good grief.

Depleted roster that forces our decent players tonbe exhausted by game's end. Low talent level due to Pearl not being able to get an early start. The program was left in shambles by Barbee. You should be thankful that Pearl has made this season as good as it has been. Quite possibly his best coaching job ever.

I didn't expect much this year but a lot of BP excitement. Players go at it hard just not enough depth or talent YET! but it's coming. Tony Barbee should be ashamed to even cash our checks.

Much patience is required by us delusional fans as BP builds our program from the very bottom up. He walked in to a situation that was about as bad as it gets for a bball coach...very little talent; no depth; little tradition; poor fan support, etc. In spite of losing twice to the updykes, Coach Pearl has done a good job with the deck of cards he was given to play with. Given time, I am convinced that he will make this program into a perennial winner.

He will put a winner on the court. Our talent/depth will improve but we will be young next year which is not a good recipe in the sec.

The auburn fans will need to be patient again next year. I hope everyone realizes that.

Yes, really don't think the wins will be much greater next year due to our youth and inexperience. We really need to sign Spencer to give us another PF to compliment and spell Bowers.

All the scoring goes away next year, but there is usually one or two guys who can make it up. What has to improve is that more players need to be capable of scoring. It's going to be a similar season as this year though it's possible AU could improve enough to get to the NIT. I expect it to take 3-4 years start to finish for Pearl to have AU get a shot at the dance. He's the best coach AU could hope for and if he's not able to get AU to the dance, I really believe no one can. I hope he stays for 10 years or more, even if he doesn't make the dance as long as his heart is in AU. He is very good for the program and for Auburn. That said, I do expect him to build AU into a team that can make the dance on occasion. Whether it can be done consistently remains to be seen.

If Pearl does not turn this program around and get us to the big dance now and again, what makes you think he'll keep his job as long as his "heart" is in AU? He's getting anice paycheck to make us winners and get us to that next level.

Archived