Bruce thoughts

AuburnSpider

Based on this recruiting class and the coaching he has done with this years team ...

I expect us to be perennial tourny teams after next season. He is bringing very talented kids who will like to play for him. Unlike previous years where our better players were ones who had been here 3-4 years, I think the talent will show after 2ish years on campus.

Meaning we will look down the bench at 9-10 sec caliber players providing 12 or more solid and beneficial minutes a game. The defense will improve, rebounding will improve and we will have more scorers from all over the court.

Pearl is gonna put a top 5 sec team on the court every year after next year.

(I hope)

I think it was way too soon for Bruce to start telling everyone I'M BAAAAACK before the season even started.

But he was back before the season started. He wasn't saying he was back in the tournament, he was saying he was back to coaching.

This season is complete garbage. Next season will probably be slightly better...maybe NIT. Then I expect a true BP team the following year. Next year is a possibility, but not a probability due to the extreme roster turnover at the end of the year. We will be a whole new team next year and will be losing our two best scorers and replacing them with likely one so we will have to be a more complete team next year just to equal this year. I expect to struggle in early SEC play next year but turn the corner into becoming a real team midway through the SEC. Then we will build on that for the next year and will likely see the best team we've had at Auburn since Porter was here. It sucks that we will have to wait that long, but it is unfortunately very possible. Need to be patient.

Archived