Football coaches building in roads for bball?

FoundationEagle

As was posted in the Kerryon Johnson thread in recruiting, Gus, Rhett and Tim Horton attended the Madison Academy bball game with Kerryon. It is very worth noting that they have a 5 star combo guard JOSHUA LANGFORD currently rated as the nations #14 Junior prospect. Auburn has offered him already. I believe we are starting to see a football and basketball staff that enjoy helping each other recruit and are very good at it. Dont think I ever remember this happening at AU before. Hope Kerryon can get Joshua considering AU!

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/6598542377653962900/madison-academy-5-star-phenom-joshua-langford-ranked-nations-no-14-junior-by-espn/

Gus seems very into the basketball program's success. This was evident in Gus helping Pearl during recruiting. I love it!

No way in Hades Langford ends up here- help or no help from Gus.

so where does he go?

Ha, I dunno. Kansas, Louisville, Florida, UConn, Michigan State, North Carolina, Michigan?? :) Any one of those current offers I'd guess.

He's a 2016 class guy...if BP is as good now as he was at TN, we may at least get a look. Just getting a look from a guy like that is a step in the right direction and may get others looking our way. Definitely worth the effort IYAM

I think you are selling CBP, this staff, school and program way short. This is no longer the AU program you think you know. He may not come to AU but I would put the odds right now at 40-50% and rising.

And things should get even better for the 2017 class.

I think you are selling CBP, this staff, school and program way short. This is no longer the AU program you think you know. He may not come to AU but I would put the odds right now at 40-50% and rising.

And things should get even better for the 2017 class.

I hope you are right and perhaps you have more intimate knowledge of his recruitment than I, but 50% seems high to me. I am totally on the BP bandwagon but this would be a crazy big deal if this happened. I will check again and see but I'm just not as confident as you. WDE.

If they are good enough to be a one and done doesn't matter where they play that one year. IMO why not play where the spot light is on me all the time rather than somewhere I have to share it with others. :dunno:

Bruce did just pull in a Mcdonalds all American runner-up in Danjel Purifoy and a top 20 class overall in less than a few months on the job.

If they are good enough to be a one and done doesn't matter where they play that one year. IMO why not play where the spot light is on me all the time rather than somewhere I have to share it with others. :dunno:/>

If that theory worked, kids from all over the US would not be flocking to Kentucky or Duke to play with a bunch of other 5* players where the are almost sure to share playing time. Just my view but players get better practicing and playing with other outstanding talents.

Hope we get a guy like Langford....but I would settle for a bunch of good 3 and 4* kids who will stick around here for four years and develop as a team.

As was posted in the Kerryon Johnson thread in recruiting, Gus, Rhett and Tim Horton attended the Madison Academy bball game with Kerryon. It is very worth noting that they have a 5 star combo guard JOSHUA LANGFORD currently rated as the nations #14 Junior prospect. Auburn has offered him already. I believe we are starting to see a football and basketball staff that enjoy helping each other recruit and are very good at it. Dont think I ever remember this happening at AU before. Hope Kerryon can get Joshua considering AU!

http://highschoolspo...junior-by-espn/

tony barbee went on the "Tiger Prowl" with the last staff a time or two.

http://highschoolspo...junior-by-espn/

tony barbee went on the "Tiger Prowl" with the last staff a time or two.

Definitely didn't hear about that...don't know how Barbee could have helped much with football recruiting though....but I do see where he could want to piggyback some cruitin off of the football team

Archived