Is This Racist?

Proud Tiger

"Where is fantasy bread? In the heart or in the head"......Wiliy Wonka

Racism is in the HEART. Gotta change hearts and minds. Sadly, since the days of MLK, there just isn't much of that taking place....JMHO

I actually have been recently discussing this with some peers.

Civilization, society, cultures.... they tend to either be stagnant or moving forward, usually.

America at this time seems to be in reverse. During the 2000's racism/homophobic acts were certainly around, but were trending downward. But in the past few years they seem to be trending upwards again. Due in part to it's resurgence in the media. The "is it racist?" tagline always drawing a crowd of the latest generation who never got to see the truly dark side of racism in America since they were only born in the 90's.

I would also add to your "hearts and mind" bit by saying racism is a disability that only affects the ignorant. I have yet to see someone of any racial background spend significant quality time with people of a different ethnicity and keep their prejudiced mindset. Not saying it's not possible, just that experience usually cures stupidity.

Hah! If only. :-\/>

Ask PT how old he is.

Come on. You can do better than that.

Racism is in the HEART. Gotta change hearts and minds. Sadly, since the days of MLK, there just isn't much of that taking place....JMHO

Civilization, society, cultures.... they tend to either be stagnant or moving forward, usually.

America at this time seems to be in reverse. During the 2000's racism/homophobic acts were certainly around, but were trending downward. But in the past few years they seem to be trending upwards again. Due in part to it's resurgence in the media. The "is it racist?" tagline always drawing a crowd of the latest generation who never got to see the truly dark side of racism in America since they were only born in the 90's.

I would also add to your "hearts and mind" bit by saying racism is a disability that only affects the ignorant. I have yet to see someone of any racial background spend significant quality time with people of a different ethnicity and keep their prejudiced mindset. Not saying it's not possible, just that experience usually cures stupidity.

Ask PT how old he is.

Care to discuss my post? Maybe explain what it is you find deficient?

Ask PT how old he is.

"Ask PT how old he is"? HOW OLD is someone that acts THAT childish? I expect better from you. That's all.

Ask PT how old he is.

"Ask PT how old he is"? HOW OLD is someone that acts THAT childish? I expect better from you. That's all.

I'm sorry but I don't understand why that is "childish" taken in context. Did you read the post I was responding to?

I don't think you understand the exchange. What exactly is "childish" about my post?

... maybe it's the Hennessy. But I am now lost.

I figured the joke was there was an old timer in the chat that was still drawn to the derpy headlines.

Mims trust me don't get drawn into this.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Well done Cole.

I've learned the hard way throughout the years, always deviate from Coles main objective!

Cole , like the rest of us, has an opinion. While I dont always agree, I appreciate his participation.

Mims44 is trying to be funny. He's a friend, we disagree about football from time to time but it's always been civil and we have respect for each other.

Notice I said trying to be funny because he's never successful! LOL!

Oh, then sorry I jumped in on it. Proceed Sir and have a great day!

You do the same brother, and thanks btw!

Note: edit brother for dude. Still don't know if calling someone dude is actually bad or not but just in case.

You do the same brother, and thanks btw!

Note: edit brother for dude. Still don't know if calling someone dude is actually bad or not but just in case.

LOL. Feel free to use either. ;-)

I'm a riot and Cole knows it.

Also thought I made a pretty good point with that post. The Hennessy and black&milds really bring out my inner wisdom.

It's stupid. You hire someone based on their qualifications.. Hiring people just to meet an ethnic quota, regardless if they are qualified for the job or not, is racism in itself.

Well assuming that you are hiring in proportion to what you are seeing in applications.

The problem here is besting the GOB Network.

Sometimes it isnt racism, it is just that folks want to hire folks they know or relatives.

Oftentimes Nepotism looks like racism from the outside.

I wish that i could say that hiring was based on sane "best available hiring." But even inside the govt, nepotism still reigns.

It's stupid. You hire someone based on their qualifications.. Hiring people just to meet an ethnic quota, regardless if they are qualified for the job or not, is racism in itself.

Well assuming that you are hiring in proportion to what you are seeing in applications.

Sometimes it isnt racism, it is just that folks want to hire folks they know or relatives.

I wish that i could say that hiring was based on sane "best available hiring." But even inside the govt, nepotism still reigns.

Good points.

Good points.

Darn it homey! We agree yet again!!! :-)

Archived