2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Take a look at his words from his interview... Something like I want to ball out so others will flip with me... If 23 is saying Auburn who is he trying to bring to us. Keep in mind the January visitor list.

Well he's not currently committed to anyone unless he's a silent to UF, so I'm confused by how he's flipping himself.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a look at his words from his interview... Something like I want to ball out so others will flip with me... If 23 is saying Auburn who is he trying to bring to us. Keep in mind the January visitor list.

Well he's not currently committed to anyone unless he's a silent to UF, so I'm confused by how he's flipping himself.

Cowart didn't say he's going to flip. Just an unfortunately worded summary combined with a too-literal reading. Forest, trees, etc. Cowart said that he wants to play well so that other talented players will want to follow him to his college of choice.

Cowart didn't say he's going to flip. Just an unfortunately worded summary combined with a too-literal reading. Forest, trees, etc. Cowart said that he wants to play well so that other talented players will want to follow him to his college of choice.

Gotcha, tks!

Gotcha, tks!

You bet. Full interview courtesy of Randman5000 http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/136886-5-de-byron-cowart/page__st__108#entry2182486

I seem to remember Cowart and Jefferson said earlier that they wanted to play together but then backed off from that. If we get Cowart would that provide a big boost for us with Cece as well?

This kid is a must have. Great blend of strength, flexibility, burst, and tenacity. Hope he's serious about coming to AU and playing "Buck" end.

He also seems to have a mean streak,which I like in defensive players.

He is tearing it up in the UA all-american game. Fingers crossed he comes to Auburn because I never want us to play against him.

He is tearing it up in the UA all-american game. Fingers crossed he comes to Auburn because I never want us to play against him.

He sure is. He is having a terrific game. Come on CWM we really need this guy.

After the game he and Beckner say their "trying to squeeze in" Auburn visits. Better than nothing but sound like loooong shots.

Cowart played lights out today, he pretty much dominated all-stars. We need to pull out all the stops and lower the red carpet to make sure he has a good visit. "squeeze in a visit" means we have work to do

After the game he and Beckner say their "trying to squeeze in" Auburn visits. Better than nothing but sound like loooong shots.

Yep. I heard this too. We are definitely not either of their first choice right now. We have a lot of work to do and we have to do it fast.

AU

What makes you confident? Is this a bold prediction or do you have substance behind your confidence? Not trying to badger, just genuinely curious.

AU

What makes you confident? Is this a bold prediction or do you have substance behind your confidence? Not trying to badger, just genuinely curious.

Best I can tell, it's a reflexive action. Hope I'm wrong.

He looked really good. Obviously ready to make a difference at the next level NOW. Unfortunately, he seemed to talk very highly of the Florida State commits in the game. 23 and some others seem positive, but I didn't see it. What can you tell from a few minutes on tv though right? I believe 23 knows his stuff and I trust Muschamp to get the right guys he needs. Would really REALLY like to see this guy playing for us though. Such a great player.

He really did ball out all week. I hope he was downplaying Auburn for a good reason. There are more than a few people who follow recruiting and have legitimate contacts and info who feel very confident about Byron. I hope they are right.

AU

Is this wishful thinking. Do u know something. Did you listen to his comments yesterday. I hope you are right but just posting AU only does not do it unless you know more. I hope

U do BTW.

Archived