Jovon & Roc

WFE12

Ok so it's a definite possibility that Jovon will be the starter and it will more than likely be Jovon as 1a and Roc as 1b...my question is, will this be like cap and grant was with grant not getting enough carries and chances through the middle even though he is not as big as the back in front of him but still is pretty built. I believe Roc will put on an extra....5-8 pounds of muscle, I don't want Roc to be treated like grant of last year, he's not a jet sweep guy...he can do more and i hope Gus doesn't make it that way, do yall think it will be different?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they will share the load more like a Ronnie and Cadillac. Grant never had any type of cutting ability and I believe that hindered his offensive contributions. Roc on the other hand can do it all as you mentioned.

I personally do not think it will be different than last season.

crap, c'mon keep hope alive lol, be a lot smarter to not do that gus!

I think they will share the load more like a Ronnie and Cadillac. Grant never had any type of cutting ability and I believe that hindered his offensive contributions. Roc on the other hand can do it all as you mentioned.

yep, sure hope it goes that way, best rb duo next season for sure

Think Cadillac and Ronnie and for funzies, throw in Kerryon at Wildcat with Jovon and Roc behind him. Next play JJ throws deep to Ray or Duke. Limitless options coming.....

Ok so it's a definite possibility that Jovon will be the starter and it will more than likely be Jovon as 1a and Roc as 1b...my question is, will this be like cap and grant was with grant not getting enough carries and chances through the middle even though he is not as big as the back in front of him but still is pretty built. I believe Roc will put on an extra....5-8 pounds of muscle, I don't want Roc to be treated like grant of last year, he's not a jet sweep guy...he can do more and i hope Gus doesn't make it that way, do yall think it will be different?

Ouija board broke?

I have to agree with the Ronnie and Caddy comparison. This offense will have a true passing threat at QB. The running back or backs that get the most reps are going to be good at blocking, running and catching the ball out of the back field.

I have trouble comprehending how diverse and hard to defense this offense is going to be, assuming we have the offensive line we should have.

I have to agree with the Ronnie and Caddy comparison. This offense will have a true passing threat at QB. The running back or backs that get the most reps are going to be good at blocking, running and catching the ball out of the back field.

I have trouble comprehending how diverse and hard to defense this offense is going to be, assuming we have the offensive line we should have.

O-Line will be a big Question mark next year. Yes we have a lot of talented and experienced players but new Center the man that runs the O-Line is big, then many could be in different positions. It is really a question of how quickly they will meld into a Unit that works together and we start off with a tough game. I am not being a negative Nancy I do believe the O-line will be good the question is can they be good fast enough.

If they can the RB's will romp.

Let's still not forget about Peyton Barber guys.

seems like Peyton is not making the conversation. I liked what i saw of him though, in what little i did get to see.

Someone's getting left out next year. I don't think we will be running four running backs next year in Roc, Peyton, Jovon and KJ.

Was just rewatching Jovon's highlights. Not trying to give him the "big head" but does he remind anyone else of Marshawn Lynch? He looks as though he runs "wide" to the hole giving him that shiftyness, then explodes.

One thing is for sure brothers, defensive coordinators are going to sweat the week before playing AU (*in preacher's voice). Can I get an amen?

One thing is for sure brothers, defensive coordinators are going to sweat the week before playing AU (*in preacher's voice). Can I get an amen?

Amen!

I don't see a 4 man rotation next year, and since KJ's skill set is similar to Roc's, and Peyton will need to give Jovon a rest from time to time (or vice versa), I'm guessing KJ is the odd man out. A redshirt might be best.

Don't count out Javarious Davis. Kid is F A S T ..............

I don't see a 4 man rotation next year, and since KJ's skill set is similar to Roc's, and Peyton will need to give Jovon a rest from time to time (or vice versa), I'm guessing KJ is the odd man out. A redshirt might be best.

I agree that KJ would be the one from the bunch that should sit the most, but that is not the case according to Malzahn's presser yesterday. CGM was very emphatic KJ will come in and be a big contributor next year. He mentioned KJ playing some wildcat and that he had not seen anyone run it better since McFadden.

Don't count out Javarious Davis. Kid is F A S T ..............

I thought he was recruited as a cornerback. Although much of his highlight tape had him at running back. His speed is clearly evident, though, and will definitely be helpful in either side.

I agree that KJ would be the one from the bunch that should sit the most, but that is not the case according to Malzahn's presser yesterday. CGM was very emphatic KJ will come in and be a big contributor next year. He mentioned KJ playing some wildcat and that he had not seen anyone run it better since McFadden.

Man if KJ turns into something like McFadden.........

Keep in mind that Gus was the OC at Arkansas when Darren McFadden and Felix Jones were there. Watch this video for my take on what next year could look like.

Archived