***2015 National Signing Day - Malzahn's Presser***

RunInRed

B9B3ZwZIIAIklU7.jpg

Malzahn: "Very exciting day, very excited about this class. Very excited for this staff."

Malzahn on signing 8 from Alabama: "Our main goal is to win the state of Alabama and we feel like we did that this year."

Gus Malzahn confirms Auburn has received the NLI from Byron Cowart, No. 1 player/DE in the nation.

Gus Malzahn is going down the list of signees, as usual. Has already discussed the early enrollees. Now on to today's signees.

Malzahn on Prince Tega Wanogho Jr.: "We feel like this young man has unbelievable potential."

Malzahn on OL Mike Horton: "He's very big, he's very thick, and he can move. We're really excited about him."

Malzahn on TE Jalen Harris: "This is a guy that Philip Lutzenkirchen actually coached. … He gives us a lot of flexibility and versatility."

Malzahn on Kerryon Johnson: "He's 1 of the more versatile players in the entire country. We feel like this young man can be an elite player.

Malzahn on LB Jeff Holland: "He is a pass rusher. We feel like he can really help us in the pass rush."

Malzahn on WR Darius Slayton, who flipped from UGA: "He can run, he's a big guy that can run. We feel like he can help us next year."

Malzahn on DB Javarius Davis: He's one of the fastest players in the entire country. We really feel he can help us off the bat."

Malzahn on the issue with the paperwork/fax of Byron Cowart's NLI, which just arrived: "We felt really good about it all along."

Malzahn on defensive signees: "We're feeling really good about the defensive side of the ball after this signing class."

Malzahn on DE Cowart: "You're talking about the best player in the country. He'll have a chance to compete and be on the field immediately."

Malzahn on defensive signees: "We're feeling really good about the defensive side of the ball after this signing class."

Asked if Auburn could add anymore signees down the line, Malzahn said: "There's a possibility."

@AUBlog

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on offensive lineman signees: "All these guys can move, are athletic."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on players in his signing class: "They're committed to us. They didn't do all this around-the-world stuff."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on H-back signee Chandler Cox: "He's old school. The way he blocks, he runs through people."

@AUGlodMine

Malzahn also confirms they received the LOI from cornerback Javarius Davis (and Jordan Colbert) meaning all 27 commits are present and accounted for.

@wareagleextra

Malzahn says JUCO transfer Jason Smith will start out at QB but is athletic enough to play elsewhere.

@jzenor

Gus Malzahn just compared Kerryon Johnson to Darren McFadden. They expect him to play "right off the bat." Love him in Wildcat

Gus Malzahn leaves door open for another addition to 2015 class, which makes sense with Terry Godwin announcing in 90 minutes.

@bmarcello

Red, just want to say thank you for all you do for this site. This man from the older persuasion of those that frequent this site really appreciates all your input. I am so glad that long time ago that I decided that Auburn was where I wanted to get my education. I am glad to see that the love of our school still exists after all these years. I am also glad the Gus is our coach, he is a winner and he delivered that presser with total honesty and class. Who wouldn't be inpressed with this man. Something you won't see from the other side. Thanks again Red and WDE!!!!

Red, just want to say thank you for all you do for this site. This man from the older persuasion of those that frequent this site really appreciates all your input. I am so glad that long time ago that I decided that Auburn was where I wanted to get my education. I am glad to see that the love of our school still exists after all these years. I am also glad the Gus is our coach, he is a winner and he delivered that presser with total honesty and class. Who wouldn't be inpressed with this man. Something you won't see from the other side. Thanks again Red and WDE!!!!

:'( :'(

:'( :'(

Awwwwwwwwww,Golf. I must have really gotten to you. :)

You're welcome and War Eagle!

Agree, Red is one of the good guys on this site.

wde

You are the man Red!!! We are fortunate to have you as one of the good guys. This site is so informative and full of character and is the best site in the world.

Archived