Auburn Impact Recruits versus other Teams

AuburnNTexas

While you never know who will truly be an impact player lets look at number of 4 * & 5* players per team.

USC 21

Bama 19

Auburn 18

Tenn 17

FSU 15

Texas 15

OSU 14

OK 14

ND 13

Ga 12

Clem 12

LSU 12

Tex A&M 12

UCLA 12

Penn St 11

Just like last year one of our 5* players was a Juco so didn't get any bonus points. Last year a Receiver and this year a RB with Bonus points we would have moved up in rankings.

There is more to recruiting then just stars. Ga has a good class based on stars and points but are extremely heavy in DB's & D-Line without much at LB, RB and no QB did they fill all their needs.

Auburns class besides being very strong also was very well balanced and addresses areas of high need, pass rushers, linebacker and DB's on Defense, On offense we got a lot of depth in OL, two great RB's Great WR's and two different types of QB's. Just based on numbers of 4 & 5 stars we are near the top with exception of USC which had a monster class.

I couldn't have asked for a better class. This may be the best class we ever had especially in the way it addressed our needs.

I also noticed that about Georgia's Class. 7 Corners and 6 DE's make up half their class, no balance at all. Auburn had a good amount of depth across all the offense and defense in this class.

Oops....... maybe they shouldn't have fired him...... oh, well.

Or, or Perhaps UF should have structured Will's contract better. They fell on their own broomstick.

Gator fans sure are pissed off right now claiming Muschamp took their money and screwed them going after players he was recruiting for UF.

Tough tit. Fault Foley, not the good guys.

The coaches secured most of the top prospects they targeted. The Muschamp effect payed dividends as well.

I'm interested now probably more than ever to see how this staff continues to recruit in seasons to come.

Gator fans sure are pissed off right now claiming Muschamp took their money and screwed them going after players he was recruiting for UF.

What did they expect? He abided by the terms of his contract. If UF can't make a better deal than that, well that's their fault.

He probably did, but that's part of the game. They didn't want him any more, understandably, and paid a bundle to get rid of him. But if they are to be honest, an offer from Auburn now (for any player) would be far more enticing than an offer from Florida.

The coaches secured most of the top prospects they targeted. The Muschamp effect payed dividends as well.

I'm interested now probably more than ever to see how this staff continues to recruit in seasons to come.

I'll be interested to see how long this staff remains this staff. As long as they do, I think we can expect elite recruiting, but who knows how long that will be.

I put this in the recruiting threads but thank goodness for Champ and T Rob. They were responsible for one 5* and five 4*s, including most of our top defensive prospects. Our defensive class went from pretty good to great. Without them we miss on Cartlon, Cowart, J Davis, R Davis, Holland, and Irvin. It is that simple.

Saved our bacon really...

What is the star rating for each transfer (Golson & Matthews)?

I wish whoever makes the rules would add all JUCO recruits into the mix of the overall rating of the team. Is this going to be addressed with the changes in the air about the recruiting process?

Thanks!

What is the star rating for each transfer (Golson & Matthews)?

I wish whoever makes the rules would add all JUCO recruits into the mix of the overall rating of the team. Is this going to be addressed with the changes in the air about the recruiting process?

Thanks!

Both 4* and I truly believe those 2 guys will be absolute studs for us.

I put this in the recruiting threads but thank goodness for Champ and T Rob. They were responsible for one 5* and five 4*s, including most of our top defensive prospects. Our defensive class went from pretty good to great. Without them we miss on Cartlon, Cowart, J Davis, R Davis, Holland, and Irvin. It is that simple.

Inclined to agree.

I doubt the departed defensive staff members would have hauled in half the guys you listed.

Inclined to agree.

I doubt the departed defensive staff members would have hauled in half the guys you listed.

That is an understatement. Recruiting was lagging on defense. The kids just had no real interest in Auburn before

Archived