Brian Wiliams Caught Lying

Proud Tiger

First I can comment on any given post in this or any other thread, without having to join the cyber "lynch mob".

But you're not commenting on it, what so ever. There is no " lynch mob " , what so ever. Those who know the significance of a network's lead anchor lying , for 10 years about a story which involves him PERSONALLY.

No I responded to Weegle's post. Every since then I have been responding to your posts.

I really don't care if that makes you happy or not.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one said you should hold any responsibility in being outraged. Where the hell do you even GET this stuff ? It's a valid story. Many are talking about it. If you don't GET it, then kindly don't try to post about it, as you're only making yourself look foolish. I don't watch him or NBC either, but that's irrelevant. I at least know who he is. Apparently, you're such a clueless wonder that you have blinders on.

I get it from your posts, which imply my "outrage" is not sufficient.

And don't look now, but you are the one who looks foolish.

I don't even understand why you are so apparently upset with me. I said he "screwed-the-pooch". What else do you want from me? :dunno:

Sorry, but I don't see any need to set my hair on fire over this just because you are.

Watching fox news yesterday, you would have thought that he had raped five women, kicked 6 puppies, and open hand slapped the pope.

What a surprise. :rolleyes:/>

No. Fox simply stated that he lied. That's it.

I'm sure. After all, Fox is well known for their understated presentation of news events. :-\/>

I like to deal with reality. But Hey, have at it!!!

It's NBC. It's widely viewed. YOUR personal viewing tastes aren't the issue here. And NO ONE CARES ! If you can't comprehend the significance of a lead anchor ( ignore the name, ignore the network ) who openly , knowingly lies about such stories, then kindly pass on by. You're really showing yourself to be unable to grasp the issue at hand.

I DON'T CARE if it's widely viewed. So is Fox and I don't care about that either.

And I daresay my personal viewing habits might play a role in my lack of outrage you seem to think is so important. I don't watch any commercial news. They all became a joke years ago IMO.

And if you DON'T CARE about my personal take on this, why are you obsessing over it? I think the republic will survive this. :-\

If you truly believe so, then why bother fighting about it on a damn message board ?? It's a big deal. Many are talking about it. YOU trying to insist that it's not a big deal only shows how disconnected you are from the rest of society.

And btw - Tom Brokaw, another former NBC anchor , had called for Brian to be fired or quit.

So yes, it's kind of a big deal.

LOL! That's good. :laugh: You accuse me of "fighting about it".

I think if you go back and review this chain, all I have done is respond to your posts attacking my supposed lack of interest. I am just defending myself from the crazies (meaning you btw).

But that's admirable chutzpah. You keep posting criticisms of me and asking me questions, then accuse me of "fighting about it" because I have the nerve to respond. :rolleyes:

All cable and network news serves a purpose to bring in advertising dollars. Shoot, you can't blame fox for their strategic placement. The old guys LOVE it.Fox-Five.jpg

Dude, this his exactly NOTHING to do w/ Brian Williams lying about being on a helicopter that was shot down over Iraq.

More FOX derangement syndrome on parade.

And btw, The 5 isn't a FOX news program. It's entertainment, and a round table discussion show.

Brian Williams sits behind the anchor desk of NBC News.

Complete and utter fail at trying to sway the conversation.l

( NPR wishes it had babes like FOX does )

Good. Go after him for a while Raptor. He's obviously not outraged enough.

Watching fox news yesterday, you would have thought that he had raped five women, kicked 6 puppies, and open hand slapped the pope.

I'm sure. After all, Fox is well known for their understated presentation of news events. :-\/>

Well, there's always a first. Congratulations!

Well, there's always a first. Congratulations!

Thank you Sir. You should give it a try.

I think it is a big deal. We all like to embellish stories. However, when you are a newscaster, that is not your job. Truth and accuracy are your job. Real news is not entertainment. Sadly, that means real news may no longer have a place on commercial television.

I agree. Brian Williams was one of the few I actually trusted to give me a fair report... this actually makes me wonder about everyone else and call into question who is actually giving me the honest story.

I just don't see the big deal. He made several statements about the other Chinook in their group being hit with an rpg, then made a quick comment about his being hit. It's not like he wasn't even in the ME, and then just bold-faced lied about being there. He was in the group that was fired upon, and he embellished the story. Still don't see this as an "I kicked a puppy and liked it..." offense.

I certainly don't think it fits the "I kicked a puppy and liked it" and I am not calling for his resignation, but I think it is a big deal. He seemed to keep repeating the story and the recount kept blooming. As a journalist, I hope that he has the experience to keep his reporting to the facts and to what he witnessed. Again, I understand that years later your memories become distorted, but that's why journalists keep notes of their accounts and interviews.

At the very least it is sloppy reporting, and from a reporter I hold in high regard for having a track record of being fair and accurate. This incident calls that into question.

I think it is a big deal. We all like to embellish stories. However, when you are a newscaster, that is not your job. Truth and accuracy are your job. Real news is not entertainment. Sadly, that means real news may no longer have a place on commercial television.

I agree. Brian Williams was one of the few I actually trusted to give me a fair report... this actually makes me wonder about everyone else and call into question who is actually giving me the honest story.

I'm hearing there are some looking into his claims going back to his coverage of Katrina.

If there's a pattern, nbc will have no choice but to sack him.

Worth nothing.

This is just an overt attempt to give cover to Brian & any other former First Lady/ Senator/ SecState who told similar lies, planning to run for Prez

Good point Raptor. VERY good point....but...."At this point what does it matter?".......She has lied about SO much.

Not saying that he lied on purpose, I am not to that point so the article's point is valid. However, I still think that a journalist would have made extensive notes in situations like this and refer back to those years later when discussing the situation.

Not saying that he lied on purpose, I am not to that point so the article's point is valid. However, I still think that a journalist would have made extensive notes in situations like this and refer back to those years later when discussing the situation.

Exactly.

Otherwise, one has to answer the question is he really so stupid to lie about such things knowing what's at stake and how easily it would be to get caught?

While that's certainly possible, it's no easier for me to believe that he did it inadvertently.

And I agree about the notes. But that applies only if he was expecting to be asked. I thought these accounts were more or less spontaneous as in interviews.

Worth nothing.

This us just an overt attempt to give cover to Brian & any other former SecState who told similar lies planning to run for Prez

Good point Raptor. VERY good point....but...."At this point what does it matter?".......She has lied about SO much.

Well I certainly didn't expect tweedle dee and tweedle dum to consider science as having anything to say. About anything.

tweedledee-tweedledum-3.jpg

Yeah, Biran's neurons made him do it !!

I doubt one op/ed counts as the arbiter for " SCIENCE ", but as homer is likely to believe AlGore, it makes perfect sense why he'd buy - anything.

:roflol:

https://pbs.twimg.co...I5DdZ.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.co...HoeIUAAvRjw.jpg

https://twitter.com/DutraWeather/status/563141002052268033/photo/1

Exactly.

Otherwise, one has to answer the question is he really so stupid to lie about such things knowing what's at stake and how easily it would be to get caught?

While that's certainly possible, it's no easier for me to believe that he did it inadvertently.

And I agree about the notes. But that applies only if he was expecting to be asked. I thought these accounts were more or less spontaneous as in interviews.

Slick Willy lied about sex in the Oval Office. Did he really believe he wouldn't be found to be a liar? Some of that ilk are just habitual liars.......

I don't see what the big deal is. Like all the ISIS and terrorist threads.

Mean I sat there and watched Geraldo Rivera, a Fox News guy, scream from a boat "Screw the terrorists, we won".

Cmon. All that stuff is done and over with. Move on. We won.

Exactly.

Slick Willy lied about sex in the Oval Office. Did he really believe he wouldn't be found to be a liar? Some of that ilk are just habitual liars.......

Well.... yeah! Who wouldn't lie about it? :dunno:

Well.... yeah! Who wouldn't lie about it? :dunno:

And we see the sort of character homer has.

Never mind the fact that Bill cheated on his wife, with an intern about the same age as his own daughter. Homer doesn't mind that one damn bit.

Archived