Brian Wiliams Caught Lying

Proud Tiger

10978597_909662729073794_5091762439527078984_n.jpg?oh=9f80f2c344330f55ac269cc2e39a657e&oe=5559A4AD

That is hilarious! Thank you!

That is a very impressive photoshop. I laughed too.

Anyone know who the general is? (I don't)

Gen. Erasmus Keyes (I think).

That's Lincoln and Major General John McClernand at Antietam, I believe.

Sometimes, I hate how smart you are. :tease:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10978597_909662729073794_5091762439527078984_n.jpg?oh=9f80f2c344330f55ac269cc2e39a657e&oe=5559A4AD

That is hilarious! Thank you!

That is a very impressive photoshop. I laughed too.

Anyone know who the general is? (I don't)

Gen. Erasmus Keyes (I think).

That's Lincoln and Major General John McClernand at Antietam, I believe.

Sometimes, I hate how smart you are. :tease:

Lucky guess :cool:

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

BTW, it is being reported the Brian Williams is out.

Don't forget Masterpiece Theater. My wife is obsessed with Downton Abbey.

Me and my wife are obsessed with Downton Abbey. And we're about to start Mr. Selfridge.

This NPR/PBS issue is the proverbial tempest in a teapot...a factless meme that serves as red meat for a certain segment of the GOP.

Speaking of Downton Abbey, it's that time of week again.

Some of you are confusing NPR with PBS. PBS is excellent. Nova, American Experience, and Frontline, all represent excellence in informative programming.

Me and my wife are obsessed with Downton Abbey. And we're about to start Mr. Selfridge.

This NPR/PBS issue is the proverbial tempest in a teapot...a factless meme that serves as red meat for a certain segment of the GOP.

Amazing how threatening some folks find quality broadcasting.

nothing threatening about it. I simply do not think I should pay for it ...that's all. And, if the quality is that great, advertisers will get in line to fund it.... If ALLOWED. JMHO

nothing threatening about it. I simply do not think I should pay for it ...that's all. And, if the quality is that great, advertisers will get in line to fund it.... If ALLOWED. JMHO

Another great thing about shows on PBS...no commercial interruptions. Viking Cruises (I believe) has a short ad right before the show begins. After that, nothing until the show's over. That's the problem with commercial TV...shows that get produced are a slave to the numbers. That's why there's so much crap on the major networks - the appeal to the least common denominator in order to gain the maximum amount of eyeballs.

And as I said, whatever you're paying is miniscule. Most of the federal funding they do get is in the form of competitive grants that would be awarded to someone else if PBS were disallowed from accepting them.

You are NOT paying for it, which is the point. Course you can always watch it anyway as a "freeloader".

Frankly the thought of these "infotainment" media personalities cannibalizing each other doesn't really bother me all that much.

What do you think Walter Cronkite was ? Same thing, only the first of a long line of infotainment anchors.

Hardly. Things were totally different then. I know cause I was there.

Oh really? Were you on the set ? What's that suppose to mean ? " I was there " ?

Thing is " And that's the way it is " really wasn't. It was Walter's Leftist slant on things, as HE saw them.

Now NBC is investigating his expense account.

Got to give you cred Ichy. You said he wouldn't go unscathed. I laughed.......and was wrong.

News guy embellishes a couple of stories over a period of months:

"OFF WITH HIS HEAD, HE HAS LIED TO US!"

President of the United States gets on national television and tells a BOLD FACED LIE and later admits he lied?

"Man I wish Clinton was still in office, he was a GREAT president!"

Ridiculousness.

President of the United States gets on national television and tells a BOLD FACED LIE and later admits he lied?

Ridiculousness.

You prefer presidents that lie and refuse to admit.

Ridiculousness.

Did you read what you just typed? I actually prefer honesty, but asking that from a politician would be ridiculousness. You guys crack me up.

Ridiculousness.

Did you read what you just typed? I actually prefer honesty, but asking that from a politician would be ridiculousness. You guys crack me up.

You turned this into a partisan issue. You can't help yourself.

Ridiculousness.

Ehh..liberal script talking point. Didn't expect that. Lol.

Ridiculousness.

I haven't seen firing Williams as a Democratic talking point. Gotta a link or is your post just another mindless, drone-like right wing talking point?

Ridiculousness.

I haven't seen firing Williams as a Democratic talking point. Gotta a link or is your post just another mindless, drone-like right wing talking point?

I never said that firing him was a Democratic talking point, I said saying that I made it "partisan" was. I used an example of a liar that happened to be a democrat. I could have used W lying about WMD. Would you have tracked with that, or would you still have accused me of being partisan? My guess is you wouldn't have.

Ridiculousness.

I never said that firing him was a Democratic talking point, I said saying that I made it "partisan" was. I used an example of a liar that happened to be a democrat. I could have used W lying about WMD. Would you have tracked with that, or would you still have accused me of being partisan? My guess is you wouldn't have.

You juxtaposed people calling for Williams head and those who thought Clinton was a great president, implying hypocrisy by the same group of people.

Did you miss the part about the fact that I could have used W for Clinton in that post? Doesn't matter who I use, everybody is freaking out about Williams. Good grief, do you actually read posts or just glaze over them?

Did you miss the part about the fact that I could have used W for Clinton in that post? Doesn't matter who I use, everybody is freaking out about Williams. Good grief, do you actually read posts or just glaze over them?

You don't read your own posts.

Through it all, being the sycophants of the political left NBC has become, Im actually surprised Brian Williams wasn't promoted! Look, liberals LOVE themselves some liars. Pick one among Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Barrack Obama...why was Brian Williams suspended w/o pay when the elected leaders of the country(except Hillary, of course, she'll never be elected to anything)simply lie for the sake of political expediency and NBC does nothing but cover those lies up and continue to fawn all over them? Oh, I guess its just a convenient double standard in hopes of maintaining a shred of credibility but that was lost a long time ago, so, good luck with that

Archived