Rece Davis replaces Chris Fowler on College GameDay

Auctoritas

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/02/rece-davis-signs-multi-year-agreement-espn-named-new-host-college-gameday/

I can deal with it - Rece Davis has a smartass streak in him that's always come off as more personable to me than Fowler ever did. And, for being a Bammer (and, from Alabama), he's not that bad about it.

I thought they were the same person.

Dude, surely you jest ... :rolleyes:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2015/02/rece-davis-signs-multi-year-agreement-espn-named-new-host-college-gameday/

I can deal with it - Rece Davis has a smartass streak in him that's always come off as more personable to me than Fowler ever did. And, for being a Bammer (and, from Alabama), he's not that bad about it.

I actually like Rece Davis. I could be wrong, but I think his wife is an Auburn grad.

Dude, surely you jest ... :rolleyes:

just dont think the position at hand is famous enough that it matters. its the other 3 guys and guests that we tune in to see.

http://espnmediazone...ollege-gameday/

I actually like Rece Davis. I could be wrong, but I think his wife is an Auburn grad.

She is... thus why Rece never really attacks Auburn like some of his co-workers. He doesn't like sleeping on the couch.

Dude, surely you jest ... :rolleyes:/>

just dont think the position at hand is famous enough that it matters. its the other 3 guys and guests that we tune in to see.

Maybe, but Fowler is incredible. Reece will do a good job but you can't replace Chris Fowler.

As far as Corso goes, jox roundtable was discussing this a couple weeks ago. Who would you fill his seat with? You can't replace him with another 'analyst' because then the show would just be boring. Charles Barkley's name was thrown out. I think he would be must see TV, what do you guys think?

Dude, surely you jest ... :rolleyes:/>

Maybe, but Fowler is incredible. Reece will do a good job but you can't replace Chris Fowler.

As far as Corso goes, jox roundtable was discussing this a couple weeks ago. Who would you fill his seat with? You can't replace him with another 'analyst' because then the show would just be boring. Charles Barkley's name was thrown out. I think he would be must see TV, what do you guys think?

I'd throw a vote out there for Spurrier, or maybe Houston Nutt.

Ha! Looks like Fox Sports beat me to this. http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/who-replaces-lee-corso-on-college-gameday-020915

"He might actually be crazy. Plus, he has that weird body movement where it always looks like he has to itch. That's a recipe for great, awkward television.

I see Houston Nutt showing up for Gameday with his own musket.

That first week Gameday producers would be like, "Houston, we're not at West Virginia or Tennessee this week, you don't need the musket."

And then Houston would be like, "Yes, I do.""

No thanks to Charles. If they are replacing one idiot with another, may as well throw Houston Nutt's crazy ass in there at least he could "talk" football.

No thanks to Charles. If they are replacing one idiot with another, may as well throw Houston Nutt's crazy ass in there at least he could "talk" football.

No offense to Corso, because I know he knows football, but you wouldn't know it watching. At least Barkley would be entertaining. Nutt, no so much.

Les Miles on the other hand...

When he leaves LSU, would be GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

You can't help but like Ole Uncle Les.

I don't like the way Rece Davis pronounces his L's. The fact he says, "last year" so often in his commentary grinds my gears. He sounds like something is caught in his throat. ... "Lghast year, LghSU's lghinebackers lghed the lgheage"...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the way Rece Davis pronounces his L's. The fact he says, "last year" so often in his commentary grinds my gears. He sounds like something is caught in his throat. ... "Lghast year, LghSU's lghinebackers lghed the lgheage"...

you owe me a new keyboard.

Funny stuff

• 6 months later...

I have to say, these first 2 weeks, I really like Davis much better than Fowler.

Archived