2. Derrell Scott - 4-star, 127th
  3. Daniel Helm - 4-star, 198th
  4. D'Andre Payne - 4-star, 264th
  5. Michael Sawyers - 3-star, 368th
  6. Joe Henderson - 3-star, 378th
  7. Treyvon Paulk - 3-star, 438th
  8. Vic Wharton - 3-star, 490th

Context ...

• 1. Dewayne Hendrix - "I just didn't like it here. Just my relationship with the coaches and how they talk to people."
  • 2. Derrell Scott - Was made to practice with a broken arm, differences with coaching staff.
  • 3. Daniel Helm - Home schooled kid, didn't like cussing in practice and general debauchery of a state school.
  • 4. D'Andre Payne - DC player, asked for transfer from Maryland to be closer to home.
  • 5. Michael Sawyers - Dismissed for violation of team rules
  • 6. Joe Henderson - Academic Issues
  • 7. Treyvon Paulk - Dismissed for domestic violence
  • 8. Vic Wharton - Not official yet, rumors he didn't like the WR coach.

http://www.reddit.co...nees_no_longer/

Not surprising. I suspect that it is common to loose 15% to 20% of every signing class (at any university) due to issues similar as to the ones above.

Kids act up (get tossed for team violations).

Kids get homesick

Some don't (or can't) make the grades

Some are just plain too immature to handle what is expected of them and do stupid things like getting arrested.

Some realize that the work required (on and off the field) is more than what they expected and for lack of a better expression, they just plain quit.

Not surprising. I suspect that it is common to loose 15% to 20% of every signing class (at any university) due to issues similar as to the ones above.

Kids act up (get tossed for team violations).

Kids get homesick

Some don't (or can't) make the grades

Some are just plain too immature to handle what is expected of them and do stupid things like getting arrested.

Some realize that the work required (on and off the field) is more than what they expected and for lack of a better exp<b></b>ression, they just plain quit.

Losing that many out of that class in just one year is not the usual thing. I expect the attrition rate to slow but even so.

For the record, I believe they signed 33 last year. The attrition takes the class to 25. If they are playing the turds every year, and us once every 7, they have my permission to oversign with extreme prejudice.

I think y'all may be missing something. They had a 2014 class of 33 kids. This year they were top 10 again. They can part ways with 8 kids that aren't fitting in. They are throwing a lot of material (large recruiting classes) into a sifter. When it's distilled, they should be rather potent. I've got them as a favorite for 2016 to win the SEC.

I think y'all may be missing something. They had a 2014 class of 33 kids. This year they were top 10 again. They can part ways with 8 kids that aren't fitting in. They are throwing a lot of material (large recruiting classes) into a sifter. When it's distilled, they should be rather potent. I've got them as a favorite for 2016 to win the SEC.

Agree on the numbers game...they have been bringing in a lot of kids and still have to be aware of the 85 total...so they probably expected to shake several of them out....and the 3* kids might have been taken to see how they would shape up....or not. Don't think this actually hurts them very much...JMO. Jones can win at UTk.

LOL at the kids that didn't like the way the coaches talked to them, and the home-schooled kid that didn't like the cussing from the coaches.

You are give a full ride scholarship - all expenses paid to get an education, play in the best conference in the country and you can't handle coaches yelling & cursing you? :blink:

LOL at the kids that didn't like the way the coaches talked to them, and the home-schooled kid that didn't like the cussing from the coaches.

You are give a full ride scholarship - all expenses paid to get an education, play in the best conference in the country and you can't handle coaches yelling & cursing you? :blink:/>

A large number of these kids have never been yelled at in their life. It's a huge shock.

You are give a full ride scholarship - all expenses paid to get an education, play in the best conference in the country and you can't handle coaches yelling & cursing you? :blink:/>

A large number of these kids have never been yelled at in their life. It's a huge shock.

This is a generation that does not accept that as a part of playing football. The coach who understands his audience and communicates it effectively will excel.

This is a generation that does not accept that as a part of playing football. The coach who understands his audience and communicates it effectively will excel.

I agree with this 100%.

And honestly, maybe its because I'm closer to college aged player than others, but it's not hard to get your point across without being a loud, condescending jackass. I can hear what you're trying to say at normal volume lol.

We need them to be better. They play bama every year and the turds schedule is usually horrendous. Some one else needs to step up

Agree 100%....hoping Jones gets the job done...and JMO but looks like he is off to a pretty good start...just takes a while to build depth.

Archived