Ladies Basketball vs LSU

AU64

Let another get away ...played well for most of the game missed way too many fouls shots along wit the usual questionable ball handling. LSU hot shooting in the second half did not help.

Team is 0-9 in the conference....can't recall when we have had a worse SEC record at this point in the season.

60-49 final

Let another get away ...played well for most of the game missed way too many fouls shots along wit the usual questionable ball handling. LSU hot shooting in the second half did not help.

Team is 0-9 in the conference....can't recall when we have had a worse SEC record at this point in the season.

60-49 final

I know why you can't recall.....it is impossible to be worse than 0fer....

We've fallen a long way from being in the final TWO (NCAA championship game) three years running. The competition in the SEC has become better but that's not all of it. We're simply not getting the recruiting and coaching we were getting when Joe Ciampi was at the wheel.

Coach Flo might be a goner. I mean, there's a real chance that they might not win an SEC game.

Could be...she went from being a home run hire....or at least a double....to a major liability.

As Chiz found out, sometimes you don't get that 5 years to establish your program if it all seems to be falling apart.

Frankly, the team is just pitiful.....barely even competitive in most games which is a huge fall from where things were when she arrived.

Neil had a few good years when she arrived , but her last 4 years the Ladies BB was average at best. Flo did seem to be a great hire so this collapse is very surprising.

Not sure why so many good hires fail at Auburn, Lebo Barbie, Paloswki, and now Flo. These 4 were successful in their previous conference, but couldn't produce winners in the SEC.

She may be a good coach somewhere else....

Can't say why be she obviously isn't a "fit" at AU...and that alone is enough to warrant a coaching search. I hope she can land on her feet somewhere because there is an overwhelming chance that she is gone...

BTW, the ladies lost again today to Mizzo

To me it is an indicator of talent evaluation and recruiting and not coaching. When she arrived she was able to take the existing talent and do o.k. With each year as she has become more dependent on her own recruits the team has regressed to the point that here in year 3, we are the worst team in the conference.

Whatever happens, AU doesnt need to carry another coach's salary. Let her contract run out and don't renew it. These buyouts are getting expensive and driving up ticket prices.

Whatever happens, AU doesnt need to carry another coach's salary. Let her contract run out and don't renew it. These buyouts are getting expensive and driving up ticket prices.

I've read somewhere that JJ maintains a fund for buyouts, kept separate from other department money. If that's true i don't see a buyout causing a ticket price increase, particularly a women's BB buyout, which should be less that most others.

I've read somewhere that JJ maintains a fund for buyouts, kept separate from other department money. If that's true i don't see a buyout causing a ticket price increase, particularly a women's BB buyout, which should be less that most others.

Not that much money involved....and generally, you do what you have to do. BUT...who out there would be possible and how much would he/she cost? We thought we had a winner with Flo......it's just very hard to predict success when a coach is hired.

Folks like to pick on JJ but if you look around, the success rate on coaching hires is pretty low....generally, pretty good coaches don't seem to be able to turn around a lagging program...anywhere.....or at least not fast enough to satisfy impatient alums. The good teams are good and the bad teams are bad, no matter how may coaches they go through.

Not that much money involved....and generally, you do what you have to do. BUT...who out there would be possible and how much would he/she cost? We thought we had a winner with Flo......it's just very hard to predict success when a coach is hired.

Folks like to pick on JJ but if you look around, the success rate on coaching hires is pretty low....generally, pretty good coaches don't seem to be able to turn around a lagging program...anywhere.....or at least not fast enough to satisfy impatient alums. The good teams are good and the bad teams are bad, no matter how may coaches they go through.

Perhaps Coach Myers has her number and could give her a call? LOL

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=760912&SPID=126729&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=207911314&Q_SEASON=2014

Perhaps Coach Myers has her number and could give her a call? LOL

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=760912&SPID=126729&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=207911314&Q_SEASON=2014

Sounds like a plan..

Her buyout, not including assistant coaches under contract, if they have multi year contracts, is $1,100,000.00. She makes $550,000/yr with two years remaining. I don't blame JJ for the hire going badly, although he was STRONGLY urged to hire another candidate. Hiring Coach Flo made sense for many reasons and she had a good record as a Head Coach and Assistant at UGA under Andy Landers for several years. Recruiting and retention in the very competitive SEC is either overwhelming her or she has been very unlucky, I'm at a loss for any certainty knowing which has happened.

Just one other thing to point out....this program was in good shape when she got here, This was not a tear down and rebuild situation.

Her buyout, not including assistant coaches under contract, if they have multi year contracts, is $1,100,000.00. She makes $550,000/yr with two years remaining. I don't blame JJ for the hire going badly, although he was STRONGLY urged to hire another candidate. Hiring Coach Flo made sense for many reasons and she had a good record as a Head Coach and Assistant at UGA under Andy Landers for several years. Recruiting and retention in the very competitive SEC is either overwhelming her or she has been very unlucky, I'm at a loss for any certainty knowing which has happened.

Who was the recommended candidate?

Women's BB lost again today badly at home to Arkansas, 54-36. Ugly game.

Who will be our next coach? Flo is not coming back.

If we have anyone in the Athletic Department that knows anything substantive about women's basketball, the first call will go to Jody Adams. She is currently the HC at Wichita State.

She is a native of Cleveland, Tennessee, a former point guard and National Champion under Pat Summit, and spent two years (1994-1996) as an assistant coach to Joe Ciampi at Auburn.

She has taken a mid tier program with no history of winning basketball and transformed it into a contender in the Missouri Valley Conference.

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/jody-adams-has-coaching-experiences-to-share-with-holly-warlick_91685364

http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1435627

Another great candidate would be Kelli Jolly Harper. She was a finalist during the last search. Below is a great read from Trackemtigers.

http://trackemtigers.com/kelli-harper-would-be-a-good-fit-for-auburn-womens-basketball/

Who was the recommended candidate?

http://trackemtigers.com/kelli-harper-would-be-a-good-fit-for-auburn-womens-basketball/

I hope they go check this guy out at LA Tech, comes from a pretty food family.... you might have heard of the name....

http://www.latechspo...itt_893875.html

I like Tyler, but he isn't ready for a job like Auburn. Those that are most prepared, in my opinion, happen to have played for Pat Summit, but they have years of coaching experience. Tyler is in his first year and fortunately has Miki DeMoss as his number 1 assistant. I wish him nothing but the best though.

Watched some of the game. We had two players that had to leave the gAme and head to the locker room to get a proper jersey. You should have seen how hard it was for the coaches to even get the right people off the bench to change. It was like the three stooges! Crazy and sad.

If we have anyone in the Athletic Department that knows anything substantive about women's basketball, the first call will go to Jody Adams. She is currently the HC at Wichita State.

She is a native of Cleveland, Tennessee, a former point guard and National Champion under Pat Summit, and spent two years (1994-1996) as an assistant coach to Joe Ciampi at Auburn.

She has taken a mid tier program with no history of winning basketball and transformed it into a contender in the Missouri Valley Conference.

http://www.knoxnews....arlick_91685364

http://www.goshocker...?ATCLID=1435627

Another great candidate would be Kelli Jolly Harper. She was a finalist during the last search. Below is a great read from Trackemtigers.

http://trackemtigers...ens-basketball/

Either one of these two would be a fine choice. I was both hoping and expecting that Coach Flo would be a good one for us. Sadly, it's simply not going to happen for her.

http://www.knoxnews....arlick_91685364

http://www.goshocker...?ATCLID=1435627

http://trackemtigers...ens-basketball/

There were a number of people (fans) who thought that Jody should have been our first choice to begin with.....they weren't the decision makers...

Archived