Strategic Patience

Proud Tiger

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many many more Young Skywalker. ;-)

Well, it's hardly surprising you two don't get it.

You jump at the next shiny object that crosses your awareness.

Just a bit harsh there homey.Everyone here has an opinion. Feel free to state yours but maybe a little more freedom for others to do the same?

Maybe the OP can have his buddy in intel explain this paragraph from the article. It seems pretty straight forward:

"America leads from a position of strength. But, this does not mean we can or should attempt to dictate the trajectory of all unfolding events around the world," the document said. "As powerful as we are and will remain, our resources and influence are not infinite. And in a complex world, many of the security problems we face do not lend themselves to quick and easy fixes."

Fox news is just unbeatable!

How do they stay so awesome, and unbiased?????

Being the Best helps...

Ah , the faux sailor wakes up.

Cut him some slack. He has an opinion too.

Being the Best helps...

It was actually a very good article and explained perfectly the meaning behind strategic patience. Those with an agenda fail to comprehend it.

Being the Best helps...

It was actually a very good article and explained perfectly the meaning behind strategic patience. Those with an agenda fail to comprehend it.

Those with an agenda that desires failure for the sake of their political motives do not wish to comprehend it. They are partisan, not the patriotic.

If our strategy becomes the hostage of political motives and partisan rhetoric, we are wasting the lives of those who serve and, condemning our future to long, expensive, and quite possibly futile wars. Do we want to occupy the entire Middle East for 100 years? Would it solve anything?

WT....)Ok faux mod if you insist :big:/>

I have been called worse my friend.

Slay the messenger much ?

Seriously, any views on Obama's " strategy " ??

The admin's policy makes about as much sense as the claim of " jobs saved, created or supported " b.s. from 2011.

It's easy to act all professorial and learned as you " recalibrate " U.S. foreign policy if you completely ignore what is actually going on in the world.

Being the Best helps...

I think those with a brain see right through it...

What the hell is strategic patience. How many more vague terms can Obama pullout of his butt?

http://www.foxnews.c...wing-criticism/

Up until now, the Obama administration's foreign policy has been disjointed, dithering, lacking in strategic purpose and basically reactive to events and usually, late. As a result, they've often been accused of "leading from behind." At least, they now have with this strategic document a "plan" to justify doing nothing. This is progress. Baby steps, you know? Crawl before you can stand, before you walk, then run & stuff ... ... Only two more years of this leadership. Rejoice.

Being the Best helps...

Please keep the intelligence remarks out of it (not just directed at you, WT). Irritating. AU men and women are smart people. We may not agree on everything, but we're pretty smart.

What the hell is strategic patience. How many more vague terms can Obama pullout of his butt?

Up until now, the Obama administration's foreign policy has been disjointed, dithering, lacking in strategic purpose and basically reactive to events and usually, late. As a result, they've often been accused of "leading from behind." At least, they now have with this strategic document a "plan" to justify doing nothing. This is progress. Baby steps, you know? Crawl before you can stand, before you walk, then run & stuff ... ... Only two more years of this leadership. Rejoice.

very well stated. Thanks

Being the Best helps...

Please keep the intelligence remarks out of it (not just directed at you, WT). Irritating. AU men and women are smart people. We may not agree on everything, but we're pretty smart.

Sorry. As per my usual, poor attempt at humor.

Dadgum WT, I voted for ole Jimmy. But please don't ever tell anybody.

I think Jimmy is a good man. He, like the current occupant, had no clue and was not up to the job. We NEED a LEADER...desperately.

Reverse engineered a policy to fit their inaction.

BRILLIANT !

Reverse engineered a policy to fit their inaction.

BRILLIANT !

Provide me proof of their inaction. While you search the ends of the internet, I'll leave this here:

Almost 2,500 now killed by covert US drone strikes since Obama inauguration six years ago: The Bureau’s report for January 2015

At least 2,464 people have now been killed by US drone strikes outside the country’s declared war zones since President Barack Obama’s inauguration six years ago, the Bureau’s latest monthly report reveals.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2015/02/02/almost-2500-killed-covert-us-drone-strikes-obama-inauguration/

Archived