Men vs. Ole Miss - Post-Game Thread

InfernoOrangeSS

great crowd....OM is a solid team and has more scorers....good effort though.

Disappointing loss. Just when you think this team has turned the corner with the road win at LSU, they lose another game on their home court.

Good effort tonight. Nothing to be down about, we were simply outmatched. Just need more time and the right recruits. Bruce is still the man.

We aren't big enough inside. Nor do we have the depth that can score. When you have a walk on playing significant minutes ... You don't have depth.

This team fights. They have heart. They play pretty good defense most of the time. Tonight we just got beat by a team that has more players and that shot really well.

Our crowd was great. All of our players gave it great effort and our coach is a coaching machine. Even in a loss, this team impresses me.

Disappointing loss. Just when you think this team has turned the corner with the road win at LSU, they lose another game on their home court.

I think we have to be pretty good to consider this game a disappointing loss. Great effort, but we need another class of recruits in to help out.

Yep, I'm in the good game, good effort camp. OM is bigger and faster than AU and has more legit scoring threats. Best we can hope for this season.

Seemed like the guys were in front of a good crowd. Disappointed with the lack of discipline and finishing when the game is on the line. The guys have effort but not consistent effort. Baby steps.

go beat Arkansas

This game made it clear there is a talent gap. OM is a very good team and we are just now learning how to be a team period. Not sure on numbers, but we have to be pretty close to the bottom on bench scoring.

Also, the SEC network is helping destroy our season. I believe this will be the second time in a month we will have to play Thirsday, Saturday and then again on Tuesday. 3 games in 6 days when you lack depth is almost guaranteeing 2 out of 3 losses. I like the games being on tv and all, but games should be played on Wednesday and Saturday so everyone has equal rest. 3 games in 6 days in the regular season is preposterous. We are very likely to lose Tuesday because we won't have any fresh legs for the second half.

All that aside, this team looked better last night. We were within 4 points with under 2 minutes to go against a tournament team that was playing hot. We didn't luck in to a close game by OM playing poorly. They played very well and we still almost beat them. 3 weeks ago, that game would have been over with 5 minutes left. I actually found myself unable to say it was over until the final minute because we are actually playing like a team now. BP must have torn these guys down to build them back up properly. A couple weeks ago we played ball that Barbee would have been ashamed of. Last night we almost beat a second tournament team in 3 days. We are definitely getting better. When is the last time that could be said?

I really like the enthusiasm we are seeing from the students and the crowd. I hope this continues and actually gets better. On the floor, we are doing as well as could be expected. As mentioned previously, we suffer from lack of quality depth. Our starters are not as talented as many of our SEC opponents. But they play hard and don't give up when we get behind, as some past teams did. I like what I am seeing all the way around. Winning some of these close home games would be nice and I think that is coming. Let's all stay behind the guys and look towards the near future. #WarEagle #TigerBasketball

I know he says he needs to develop but why not give Reed more playing time? Seems to me he is not going to develop unless he gets in and learns as he goes along. I'm not griping about CBP just wondering why if we have a problem in the paint we don't put someone in who can give us a lift.

I know he says he needs to develop but why not give Reed more playing time? Seems to me he is not going to develop unless he gets in and learns as he goes along. I'm not griping about CBP just wondering why if we have a problem in the paint we don't put someone in who can give us a lift.

I agree with the sentiment but as an example in the LSU game he tried to utilize Reed more and in just a very short amount of time he picked up 4 fouls. Because of that and his lack of strength and bulk I think he is going to be used in a very limited fashion this year while getting coaching from the bench and then a hard off-season body building regimen. He will never be thick but he can get a lot stronger. If he is not pushed out of position he will play better be an inside presence and not get into foul trouble. I think after a year of working out and coaching he will be a player next year but not an offensive presence other then put back dunks,

Yes, I would like to see Reed get more PT too, to rest CB. Lang only played 2 minutes and Purchase hasn't seen the court in many games. Thompson didn't play either against Ole Miss. Should be interesting to see if Lang, Purchase and Thompson are back with the team next year.

Hopefully Reed can bulk a bit and mature. I'd love to see him and Cinmeon both on the court at the same time some next season.

Reed is very very little offensive threat. Bowers is one of our 3 scorers. Reed has not provided the defense a 7 footer should. He simply isn't strong enough. I think he is in shock that he is getting pushed around, out maneuvered, and out rebounded by shorter guys.

Think he needs about 20-30 pounds of muscle, some confidence, learn the college game and needs an intense mean streak ... He does that (and we get some other scorers on the team) and reed will be a serious presence.

I hope he won't get discouraged and that he will put in the very hard work that it will take.

Archived