Anti-Obamacare Argument Is "Absurd"

AUUSN

I made my point. No need for me to repeat it. In no way did I infer what you claim I did.

Not my problem if you got it wrong.

You stated I owed you a debt of gratitude for you paying for me and my family's healthcare in an attempt at some sort of social superiority. I posted my taxes. Now post your taxes.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ICHY - from you, I'd expect an apology.

What would you like for me to apologize for? Did I say something that offended you?

You know you did. You called me a liar. I pointed that to you already. And now you're playing dumb.

At least, I presume you're playing.

<_<

I did not call you a liar. That statement is factually incorrect.

I may be policing your honesty but, certainly not your lifestyle

So, by policing my honesty, when I've not been in the least bit dishonest, you're NOT calling me a liar ?

My misunderstanding then.

Please, do explain.

No. I did not type those words. You can decide for yourself.

You said you did not smoke. I merely asked you if you smoked cigars. What would you say if you were under oath? I would say you occasionally smoke. What would your insurance company say? Mine would say that if you have not been 12 consecutive months without smoking, you are a smoker.

You said you paid USN's salary and benefits. I said, no, you only pay a miniscule part of USN's salary and benefits. Try this, drive through the gate of a military post and, when they stop you, you tell them you own the place. If they agree with you, I will apologize gushingly, profusely.

It's a far shorter trip to say you're policing someone's honesty and calling them a liar than it is to conflate the other issue.

I tell my insurance company that i don't smoke, because I do not smoke on anything remotely close to a regular basis. I'm not even a 'social' smoker, having a cigar every few weeks, or months, along w/ a drink, or three.

It is beyond absurd to believe any ONE person OWNS the military, be it Bill Gates or Warren Buffett To then some how glean from my comments that I and I alone pay for any one service man's salary or ALL of them ... I'm sorry, but that's simply too nonsensical to even be bothered with discussing.

No one is that stupid to believe or even approach belief that I mean any such thing. I take people to be smarter than what you're portraying.

Perhaps I am wrong.

It's a far shorter trip to say you're policing someone's honesty and calling them a liar than it is to conflate the other issue.

I tell my insurance company that i don't smoke, because I do not smoke on anything remotely close to a regular basis. I'm not even a 'social' smoker, having a cigar every few weeks, or months, along w/ a drink, or three.

It is beyond absurd to believe any ONE person OWNS the military, be it Bill Gates or Warren Buffett To then some how glean from my comments that I and I alone pay for any one service man's salary or ALL of them ... I'm sorry, but that's simply too nonsensical to even be bothered with discussing.

No one is that stupid to believe or even approach belief that I mean any such thing. I take people to be smarter than what you're portraying.

Perhaps I am wrong.

I think you are so accustomed to the style of rhetoric you listen to that, the real meaning of language has become lost. Worse yet, reality is lost to you.

I do not believe you are willfully and maliciously lying.

well, bad time to mention I pay homers salary, insurance, 401k, hores shoe gambling debts, etc?

It's the internet, I can claim what I want right? :)

Homer owes me 50 cents from our last horseshoe game. Pay up!

well, bad time to mention I pay homers salary, insurance, 401k, hores shoe gambling debts, etc?

It's the internet, I can claim what I want right? :)

Homer owes me 50 cents from our last horseshoe game. Pay up!

I will gladly pay you 50 cents tomorrow for a hamburger today.

Healthcare costs are still rising. However, rising at an historically low rate. Is that progress?

Wasn't the concept of healthcare in the country socialized before Obamacare? Was there a free market? Weren't prices artificially inflated? Was this to force people into buying insurance? Isn't the basic concept of spreading risk across society a social one? How about the well paying for the sick? Weren't the insurance companies controlling this socialization and essentially taxing society at their own discretion?

Was there, is there, any need for healthcare reform?

You're a pro at belaboring the obvious. Of course healthcare reform is needed and, quite frankly, it is needed NOW more than ever! You seem to be hellbent on always comparing the real world to some utopian ideal that will never exist. The system we had, though flawed, was THE BEST in the world as it relates to access to care. What we have now is not better because it diminishes that access, so, to answer all your questions with a question of my own. Is change supposed to achieve improved outcomes or, are we to be satisfied because we simply changed one flawed system that MANY WERE HAPPY WITH, to a more flawed system so those on the left can beat their chests and say.."Alls well because the govt has your back"?

Can you support that statement with any data?

Yeah, simply tune into the world we live in genius. Doctors are opting OUT of the networks at an alarming rate. You do understand what that means right? You have to be brain dead or at least totally brainwashed to ignore the news about Doctors taking early retirement or simply not accepting O-care. The net effect of this is shrinking networks and a greater polarization of access to care to those who can afford to pay for it as they go. O-care is simply part B of the Holy Grail of liberalism following very closely behind income inequality is income redistribution. That's ALL O-Care really is at the bottom of it.

Errr, that's not data. That's just like your opinion, man.

LOL a'ight den. Its not an opinion and you can refuse to believe it all you want but it wont change the trend. Maybe you can explain why people are going to the Doctor less. You dont think it has anything to do with those $5000 to $10,000 deductibles do you?

:dunno: Of course it's just opinion. Are you feeling all right? That was a little rambling..

The only way I would classify as being a liar is if I paid no taxes, at all. " I " do pay taxes, and therefore, " I " do pay for USN's salary and benefits. And since " I " am part of ALL Americans, in no way, what so ever, have I lied.

I do pay

So do millions of others.

What I said is not wrong, even a little. It's just that some small minds refuse to budge on even the most inane and pointless matters.

No, that is factually incorrect. YOU pay for a miniscule portion of his salary and benefits. WE (all of us together) pay his salary and benefits. You are you, individually. We are we, all of us together, of which, you are only a part.

You see he hasn't posted his withholdings for the year. Come on Raptor, let's see those taxes. I'm sure you'll make it up to be more than mine but let's see them anyway.

Yeah. I'm waiting for that too.

The only way I would classify as being a liar is if I paid no taxes, at all. " I " do pay taxes, and therefore, " I " do pay for USN's salary and benefits. And since " I " am part of ALL Americans, in no way, what so ever, have I lied.

I do pay

So do millions of others.

What I said is not wrong, even a little. It's just that some small minds refuse to budge on even the most inane and pointless matters.

No, that is factually incorrect. YOU pay for a miniscule portion of his salary and benefits. WE (all of us together) pay his salary and benefits. You are you, individually. We are we, all of us together, of which, you are only a part.

You see he hasn't posted his withholdings for the year. Come on Raptor, let's see those taxes. I'm sure you'll make it up to be more than mine but let's see them anyway.

Yeah. I'm waiting for that too.

Little late, but thanks Raptor!

I had mutiple surgeries during my time in the military, and more once out, never paid a dime for any of them:)

Point is, I don't get my salary from taxes.

You do.

And if you get more $ than the average WORKING American, so what ? The richest counties in the nation are almost entirely located around Washington D.C.

Oddly, none of the HQ of the nation's top grossing businesses are located anywhere around that area.

Somebody really needs to take the shovel away from Raptor.

michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn.gif

:laugh: That's great. Cliche' but still great. :laugh:

(Or maybe it's just that Sierra Nevada talking.)

This forum is often entertaining.

Which one? Torpedo has become my go to.

Perhaps I am wrong.

I think you are so accustomed to the style of rhetoric you listen to that, the real meaning of language has become lost. Worse yet, reality is lost to you.

I do not believe you are willfully and maliciously lying.

Yeah. In fact, I am starting to get uncomfortable with this. And I have been as hard as anyone on him.

Just regular old Pale Ale. I like Torpedo also, but I am starting to back off the hops level, so I've been enjoying some Fat Tire amber ale also. Both Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have breweries just north of me (NC)

But we've got custom breweries all over the place. It's amazing. I need to try to count the number of breweries in a 50 mile radius sometime and challenge for comparisons.

Easy on that stuff Homes. :beer2: It's got a bite!

Just regular old Pale Ale. I like Torpedo also, but I am starting to back off the hops level, so I've been enjoying some Fat Tire amber ale also. Both Sierra Nevada and New Belgium have breweries just north of me (NC)

But we've got custom breweries all over the place. It's amazing. I need to try to count the number of breweries in a 50 mile radius sometime and challenge for comparisons.

We're catching up down here, but nowhere close to what you have up there. Good People is a good one. So good, in fact, that my wife and I had our wedding reception there. I'd love to have more craft breweries in the area.

Easy on that stuff Homes. :beer2: It's got a bite!

You're talking to a very experienced beer drinker. My liver laughs at sessions that would kill most people. ;D

We're catching up down here, but nowhere close to what you have up there. Good People is a good one. So good, in fact, that my wife and I had our wedding reception there. I'd love to have more craft breweries in the area.

Avondale is good too. Never been crazy about their stuff on the shelves, but the brewery is really good.

This Old Rasputin ain't half bad. :cool:

Avondale is good too. Never been crazy about their stuff on the shelves, but the brewery is really good.

North Coast makes some good brews. Old Rasputin comes in second among RISs for me, though. Ten Fidy wins that battle.

North Coast makes some good brews. Old Rasputin comes in second among RISs for me, though. Ten Fidy wins that battle.

You find it easily in the ham?

Found a few 1 year old cans at the Deerfoot Publix last year, but haven't seen it there since. The Raceway close to St. Vincent's East almost always has it. They keep a very nice stock of craft beer.

Found a few 1 year old cans at the Deerfoot Publix last year, but haven't seen it there since. The Raceway close to St. Vincent's East almost always has it. They keep a very nice stock of craft beer.

That is right off the 459 exit on Hwy 11?

*snip*

That is right off the 459 exit on Hwy 11?

That's the one. Check it out if you're on this side of town. It's where I found that Trappistes Rochefort 10. They have a nice selection and even sell growlers and beer on tap. The Ten Fidy is generally in the fridge on the west side of the building with a few other Oskar Blues beers. Might be worth your time. Might want to hurry, though. Ten Fidy is seasonal. You'll still find it on occasion throughout the year, but it gets more rare as the year wears on.

Archived