Baseball vs Binghamton Game 2

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving all the new pitchers a little bit of time on the mound....not a bad idea ...only counts as one loss so might as well give everyone a little time on the field.

I'm actually OK with AU getting shellacked in these jerseys, they look too much like the Yankees.

As a Padres fan, I get a whole bunch of ugly uniforms to look at during the year (especially if the org tries to go back to the 80s brown like is rumored)

Giving all the new pitchers a little bit of time on the mound....not a bad idea ...only counts as one loss so might as well give everyone a little time on the field.

Well....ok.

Well....ok.

Could be wrong but once they roughed up Milliman, I don't think we saw the key pitchers for the season. Only good thing I saw was that everyone was able to throw strikes pretty consistently.

This loss could be a catalyst of two different directions and an uncertain future. I hope it's a learning experience and one to look back at in a positive light come May. I'm not sure at this point....I see the same issues as last season.

Amazes me how coaches thrive in other paces but come here to go in reverse. I'd love to be surprised later in the season.

Several hits but just like last year they weren't hitting in big spots. Bases loaded with 1 out and get nothing with your #4 & #5. That's disheartening.

This loss could be a catalyst of two different directions and an uncertain future. I hope it's a learning experience and one to look back at in a positive light come May. I'm not sure at this point....I see the same issues as last season.

Amazes me how coaches thrive in other paces but come here to go in reverse. I'd love to be surprised later in the season.

I did notice Golloway isn't all "gung-ho" on Omaha this year as he was last year. Not sure if it's because he's humbled like others have surmised or if he has a realization he doesn't have the talent. It'd be nice to get a good weekend rotation set in stone early in this non-conference schedule to give the guys rhythm going into the SEC sched.

Honestly....the thing that bothered me the most was the pop up foul that just hit the dirt while 3 AU players watched. No heart....no aggressiveness.

Losing is never fun but at least go down fighting. I have yet to see that out of a CSG team.

I did notice Golloway isn't all "gung-ho" on Omaha this year as he was last year. Not sure if it's because he's humbled like others have surmised or if he has a realization he doesn't have the talent. It'd be nice to get a good weekend rotation set in stone early in this non-conference schedule to give the guys rhythm going into the SEC sched.

He still needs to get the most out of the team that he has. That's my issue with him. He needs to give it all he's got because those kids on the team deserve that from him. He has given no indication that his heart is in it at AU.

He still needs to get the most out of the team that he has. That's my issue with him. He needs to give it all he's got because those kids on the team deserve that from him. He has given no indication that his heart is in it at AU.

I don't know that....or not...but coaching baseball is not like basketball or football....just watch any major league game...the managers don't jump around shouting Boom for a good play.

Just my view but it's a more cerebral game and the manages/coaches coach between the games and then let the players play the games. I was always impressed watching Joe Torre managing a tight baseball game and it was like he had no interest in the outcome....well up until the point the he thought the umpire blew a call...but otherwise, he just watched with barely a show of emotion. So who knows what is going on inside Sunny during a game like today?

Honestly....the thing that bothered me the most was the pop up foul that just hit the dirt while 3 AU players watched. No heart....no aggressiveness.

Losing is never fun but at least go down fighting. I have yet to see that out of a CSG team.

Even at OU? Or just here? Sometimes a new group has early indecision. I don't know. Just tired of substandard AU Baseball. Seems we can't get over any hump regardless of who is coaching.

Chalk this one up to the coach seeing what he has and giving opportunities and figuring out who fits where, things will turn around, just not over night, just ask Bruce

Chalk this one up to the coach seeing what he has and giving opportunities and figuring out who fits where, things will turn around, just not over night, just ask Bruce

I have never had the feeling that Bruce isn't all in. He has been nothing but positive even while being honest about his team, and he still gives that team his best effort despite the limitations.

I hope CSG is that dedicated. I hope that his feelings have changed and that he is building for the future. It just doesn't feel that way yet.

Even at OU? Or just here? Sometimes a new group has early indecision. I don't know. Just tired of substandard AU Baseball. Seems we can't get over any hump regardless of who is coaching.

I never watched his OU teams but there were something off there too and not many seemed sad that he left.

He has some new kids that he brought to the team....and his own coaches....so it's time to make things work a little better.

I don't know that....or not...but coaching baseball is not like basketball or football....just watch any major league game...the managers don't jump around shouting Boom for a good play.

Just my view but it's a more cerebral game and the manages/coaches coach between the games and then let the players play the games. I was always impressed watching Joe Torre managing a tight baseball game and it was like he had no interest in the outcome....well up until the point the he thought the umpire blew a call...but otherwise, he just watched with barely a show of emotion. So who knows what is going on inside Sunny during a game like today?

I get all that. I grew up in a baseball family and a close relative played in the majors. I have been a baseball fan since I was 2 years old. I listened to the Braves on the radio with my Dad...when Joe Torre was a catcher.

I just have a gut feeling.

I never watched his OU teams but there were something off there too and not many seemed sad that he left.

He has some new kids that he brought to the team....and his own coaches....so it's time to make things work a little better.

That little fact still concerns me. Hopefully we don't have to find out why, exactly.

Archived