What is true Islam vs what the extremists are doing

Auburn06

The thread on the killing of 21 Christians keeps getting derailed so here is where we can talk about how the extremists are not true Muslims. In fact, in the middle east,the highest number of victims due to terrorism are Muslims.

btw; Allah is Arabic for "the God"...Arabic speaking Jews & Christians say "Allah"

The basics: http://www.islamtomo...ds/islam_is.pdf

Resource for below: http://www.islamcan....ml#.VOJF7PnF9tw

What Does Islam Say About War?

Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defence, in defence of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock. As Muslims see it, injustice would be triumphant in the world if good men were not prepared to risk their lives in a righteous cause. The Qur'an says:

Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. (2:190)

If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things. (8:61)

War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term Jihad literally means 'struggle', and Muslims believe that there are two kinds of Jihad. The other 'Jihad' is the inner struggle which everyone wages against egotistic desires, for the sake of attaining inner peace.

How Does Islam Guarantee Human Rights?

Freedom of conscience is laid down by the Qur'an itself:

'There is no compulsion in religion'. (2:256)

The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether a person is Muslim or not.

Racism is incomprehensible to Muslims, for the Qur'an speaks of human equality in the following terms:

O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (49:13)

"Kill them where you find them" explained.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That may be so but here is the one undeniable truth. All the other religions in the world get along with each other without any problems. Christians and Hindus Buddhist and Jews and on and on. You can put them in any country in the world and you won't have any violence from one to the other. None of them move to another country and try to change it to what the country they came from was. Muslims move anywhere and immediately try to start making that place a replica of the place they came from. You are supposed to cater to their demands. If they are offended by something then it's your obligation to remove the offensive thing. If your restaurant serves pork then you have to remove it. It's not on them to not partake of your restaurant or not eat the pork. It must be removed. You don't have Baptists trying to behead Methodists or anything of the sort Islam is the only religion in the world that has this going on. You tell me they don't represent Islam. The entire religion is stuck in the 7th century with everything they do. Even the ones that don't want to blow you up or cut your head off have that mentality with their life and how they operate.

That is a problem the hearts of the people who say they are Muslim, that does NOT reflect on the religion.

You have to remember that many of these people who turn into terrorists live in poverty, oppressed since they are born then when they grow up they lash out.

That may be so but here is the one undeniable truth. All the other religions in the world get along with each other without any problems. Christians and Hindus Buddhist and Jews and on and on. You can put them in any country in the world and you won't have any violence from one to the other. None of them move to another country and try to change it to what the country they came from was. Muslims move anywhere and immediately try to start making that place a replica of the place they came from. You are supposed to cater to their demands. If they are offended by something then it's your obligation to remove the offensive thing. If your restaurant serves pork then you have to remove it. It's not on them to not partake of your restaurant or not eat the pork. It must be removed. You don't have Baptists trying to behead Methodists or anything of the sort Islam is the only religion in the world that has this going on. You tell me they don't represent Islam. The entire religion is stuck in the 7th century with everything they do. Even the ones that don't want to blow you up or cut your head off have that mentality with their life and how they operate.

That was an overstated, stretching the truth, bigoted rant.

But of course, that's pretty much the nature of bigoted rants, so no extra points for style.

That is a problem the hearts of the people who say they are Muslim, that does NOT reflect on the religion.

You have to remember that many of these people who turn into terrorists live in poverty, oppressed since they are born then when they grow up they lash out.

I agree on this front....but I also know that a lot of Muslims in the Middle East just want to be left alone....to live a simple life.

Here's a question I have for you. Why don't the good Muslims rise up and fight for their own freedom? When will they say enough is enough and rise up? In my opinion I think a lot of them are conflicted with what is going on.

That was an overstated, stretching the truth, bigoted rant.

But of course, that's pretty much the nature of bigoted rants, so no extra points for style.

Is he saying that other religions don't stand against things they find offensive?

http://www.thenewciv...io_conservative

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/westboro-baptist-church-protest/

LASH OUT? Wow....I would hate to see what they do when they get really serious about MURDERING INNOCENTS.......

LASH OUT? Wow....I would hate to see what they do when they get really serious about MURDERING INNOCENTS.......

It's not hard to visualize what Auburn06 is talking about

http://s24.postimg.org/crxgsqwdx/Reginald_Denny.jpg <<<This on a bigger scale

Why not just go ahead and say that you'd prefer us go ahead and build a 100 foot wall around every Muslim country and fill it with water?

I'm big on the "not all muslims are terrorists" side of things.

But saying what version is "true" Islam is all POV. Same as saying Baptists are true christians and methodists are not. Maybe a better wording is, What a majority of Islam is like Vs what the extremists are doing.

And tigger, some of those points are horrible, that's not like 7th century christians, it's like christians today. having pork removed from restaurants. Not allowing gay marriage because your story book says something negative about the lifestyle.

Stick to the terrorist acts and mass murder, besides that most of the annoying things about Islam is not central to Islam, but is an annoyance of all religions.

When dealing with Islam, start with the fact that one of their most promised heavenly rewards is getting to rape 72 virgins. Once you grasp that, the rest of what we're seeing falls right into place.

When dealing with Islam, start with the fact that one of their most promised heavenly rewards is getting to rape 72 virgins. Once you grasp that, the rest of what we're seeing falls right into place.

55219916.jpg

55219916.jpg

Me too!

55219916.jpg

Me too!

Cool, then you'll quote the shurah in the Quran that mentions that? You seem pretty sure of yourself.

Can you educate us on this promise ?

"So taste ye (the fruits of your deeds); for no increase shall We grant you, except in Punishment." (30)

Verily for the righteous there will be a fulfilment of (the Heart's) desires; (31)

Gardens enclosed, and Grape-vines; (32)

Companions of Equal Age; (33)

And a Cup full (to the Brim). (34)

Matthew 25:1 ""At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom."

Sure. I read it in the New York Times, shortly after 9/11/2001. Some article explaining why the Moslems would willingly fly a plane into a building causing their own deaths. They visualize 72 virgins cowering in a room waiting to be raped, thus there's plenty of incentive for suicide. The article didn't explain if the female suicide bombers get to rape 72 virgin males or not. Maybe some faithful follower of Islam will post here and clear that question up for me.

Sure. I read it in the New York Times, shortly after 9/11/2001. Some article explaining why the Moslems would willingly fly a plane into a building causing their own deaths. They visualize 72 virgins cowering in a room waiting to be raped, thus there's plenty of incentive for suicide. The article didn't explain if the female suicide bombers get to rape 72 virgin males or not. Maybe some faithful follower of Islam will post here and clear that question up for me.

Yep, sounds like Gospel to me.

I'm sure this guy was neither a Muslim or an extremist. Just cray-cray.

<_<

Man asks 2 at Detroit-area bus stop if they are Muslim before stabbing them

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) -- A man asked two other men at a suburban Detroit bus stop whether they were Muslim before wounding them in a weekend knife attack, police said Tuesday.

Southfield police and the FBI are investigating to determine whether the Saturday night stabbing at the Northland Mall stop was a hate crime. A 39-year-old man was taken into custody while walking nearby, police said.

"They never replied what their religious affiliations were, but they said they were not Muslim," Hawkins said.

Hawkins said police don't know the suspect's religion or the religion of the men who were stabbed.

A 52-year-old Detroit man had wounds to his head, neck and back and a 51-year-old Detroit man had a hand wound, police said. Both were treated and released from a hospital.

Terrence L. Thomas of Detroit was arraigned Tuesday on attempted murder, weapons and marijuana charges. Southfield District Court Magistrate Eman Jajonie-Daman gave him a $1 million bond and scheduled his next court appearance for Feb. 25. It wasn't immediately known if Thomas has a lawyer.

Police say they don't believe Thomas knew the men and believe he acted alone.

I'm sure this guy was neither a Muslim or an extremist. Just cray-cray.

<_<

Man asks 2 at Detroit-area bus stop if they are Muslim before stabbing them

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) -- A man asked two other men at a suburban Detroit bus stop whether they were Muslim before wounding them in a weekend knife attack, police said Tuesday.

Southfield police and the FBI are investigating to determine whether the Saturday night stabbing at the Northland Mall stop was a hate crime. A 39-year-old man was taken into custody while walking nearby, police said.

"They never replied what their religious affiliations were, but they said they were not Muslim," Hawkins said.

Hawkins said police don't know the suspect's religion or the religion of the men who were stabbed.

A 52-year-old Detroit man had wounds to his head, neck and back and a 51-year-old Detroit man had a hand wound, police said. Both were treated and released from a hospital.

Terrence L. Thomas of Detroit was arraigned Tuesday on attempted murder, weapons and marijuana charges. Southfield District Court Magistrate Eman Jajonie-Daman gave him a $1 million bond and scheduled his next court appearance for Feb. 25. It wasn't immediately known if Thomas has a lawyer.

Police say they don't believe Thomas knew the men and believe he acted alone.

I call crazy for what it is

"Pamela Christensen has been charged with the attempted murder of her three daughters so they would “meet Jesus Christ” after receiving instructions from her husband (who is a pastor) about the “world coming to an end” according to court documents."

That women and man are just messed up in the head.

Yep, sounds like Gospel to me.

Wow. Just think how complicated a theological discussion would be if the NYT was the sacred text. ;D

Archived