Men vs. uat - Post-game thread

InfernoOrangeSS

Disappointing loss, but things will be better when Pearl can field a full roster of his players.

War Eagle!!

1 step forward 2 steps back again for the Tigers. A win tonight wouldn't have changed things for post season prospects, but would have made this season a bit more stomachable. Oh well. Here's to 2016 and CBP getting some actual talent on the Plains soon!

I hate this loss for Mason & Harrell tonight. They both played tremendous games! We shot well from the free throw line. But, we got basically nothing from Canada & Ross-Miller. Granger wasn't much better. I thought that Lang played some good minutes. He's growing up and showing maturity. I expect him & Spencer to take Grainger's minutes next year. Bowers has become a liability. He should never be allowed to dribble unless he is 1 on 1 with a defender in the paint. Bruce has to control him, keep him in the paint, and make him play within the offense. Trayvon Reed should put his hands up as soon as he comes into the arena and not put them down until he leaves. He should run with his hands straight up in the air.

I dont understand what happened. Everything exactly opposite (stat wise) the games we have won we were not expecting to. I expected to win this one,

Me too.

Looked like we got out talled tonight.

Could not rebound.

I dont understand what happened. Everything exactly opposite (stat wise) the games we have won we were not expecting to. I expected to win this one,

AU cannot match up with long teams. uat, aTm, (eventually) UK have a very big advantage on AU because they have serviceable big men. AU has Bowers, who is short and inconstant, Grainger who is slow and lacks confidence, and Reed who is inexperienced and weak. There's not much else to be said. AU's guard play can keep up with most teams, but the lack of any real inside presence leaves AU with very little chance.

We needed Bowers today. 1st game against Bama he was great until we stopped feeding him the ball down low. He had a bad game today but something else was painfully obvious multiple times he got position on his man down low pinned to his hip and we didn't give him the ball. We don't know how to make an entry pass to a player down low.

He is our only rebounder and we had him setting picks at the top of the circle and then we would shoot when he was outside. Biggets thing thouggh is that we got nothing from aanybody other than Mason, Harrel , and Bowers. Reed can't rebound or block shots, Granger has gone backwards, Canada either plays great(Xavier) or is a liability. I am surprised we didn't see Thompson.

This really hurts. Losing at home and going 0-2 against Bammer is hard to take. Disappointing season far as wins. Hope Bruce learns from this and understand going 0-2 against Bama is unacceptable .

I hope Mr. Purifoy can come in here and turn things around. Bowers, Purifoy, and Spencer on the court at the same time will definitely give us length.

“@purifoy_danjel: @AUHoopsBlog you have to fail to succeed in life might not had a good year this year but I promise we will next year ??#Auburn #Basketball”

I'm not stressing this one. We're playing hard and the team game is improving. We just have a huge talent gap this year. That's all about to change.

Hope we can win one more.

Still love this team for their effort.

+1

I hope everyone remembers this team and how they changed the culture of BB at AU when we are a perennial tournament team.

I'll agree with about 4 players on that. Mason and Harrell of course....Lang played hard every minute he was in...and Canada plays hard but has no clue what to do on defense...or offense...

The rest of the team goes through long spouts of lackadaisical street ball. Unfortunately we lose our only 2 scorers for next year so we may not improve much...if at all for much of the season. Hopefully some new guys can actually play college level ball because right now we only have 3 such players. Hard to say BP has done a bad job when you consider that we only have 3 players (4 with SSD) that could get any playing time at most SEC schools...and the SEC stinks at BBall...

I agree. We have the coach in place we just need some additional players with SEC talent. I am sure you'll agree Belle, it is reminiscent of the baseball team.

I'll agree with about 4 players on that. Mason and Harrell of course....Lang played hard every minute he was in...and Canada plays hard but has no clue what to do on defense...or offense...

The rest of the team goes through long spouts of lackadaisical street ball. Unfortunately we lose our only 2 scorers for next year so we may not improve much...if at all for much of the season. Hopefully some new guys can actually play college level ball because right now we only have 3 such players. Hard to say BP has done a bad job when you consider that we only have 3 players (4 with SSD) that could get any playing time at most SEC schools...and the SEC stinks at BBall...

The SEC is much better this season than it has been.

Sobering fact about Auburn and the NCAA tournament: Since 2003, when we last went to the NCAA tournament, only 3 other teams have had a longer drought than us in the power 5 conferences: Northwestern (who's never been), TCU, and Rutgers. Let that sink in for a minute. Every other Power 5 conference school has gone at least twice since the last time Auburn went. I'm almost convinced Auburn basketball is cursed, lol!

Probation and other factors play into it, but yes.....we haven't been very good for some time.

And whoever thinks the SEC is good at basketball obviously does not watch basketball. Yes, I know what the computer rankings say, but I could care less about that. You take out Kentucky, and we're no better than the MAC or WCC. Arkansas is great at home, but average away. Other than that, no teams in the country fear the SEC outside of Kentucky. Trust me, it's very easy to win in the SEC. Oh by the way, there's a chance only 5-6 teams will finish above .500 in conference play in the SEC, meaning 8-9 teams will have losing records. Yea, the SEC is tough, lol!

This really hurts. Losing at home and going 0-2 against Bammer is hard to take. Disappointing season far as wins. Hope Bruce learns from this and understand going 0-2 against Bama is unacceptable .

What would you like Bruce to learn? I'm pretty sure he understands who our biggest rival is as and gets that he needs to beat them. The guy is in no way playing with a complete deck and is doing all that can be done given the circumstances.

This might be unpopular opinion but....i would like to see Pearl sit Bowers from time to time. He had a horrible game last night, in my opinion. He had countless long bad shots, losing the ball when dribbling up th court, and throwing the ball away instances last night. I know this is not a deep team, but lets face it we arent going to win many games this tear anyhow and it might be good to get guys like Lang, Thompson and Reed a little more time in the game for experience to build on for next year and let Bowers do some learning from the bench.

Archived