Dontavious Russell and Andrew Williams

ClaytonAU

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4635991-auburn-players-accused-of-harassing-veteran-ptsd-service-dog-dontavius-russell-andrew-williams

Accused of harassing veteran student who suffers from PTSD and her service dog. Not good at all.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume we'll know more in the morning. Disappointed is an understatement for sure. I hope CGM whips them into shape very quick, both of these guys could see rotation next year and its a shame that this has happened.

It sounds like it, but I think there's more to it than this. Stay tuned....

I don't like this even a little bit. I hope they get severely punished or get gone and either one is fine with me.

Pending verification, of course.

Edit: Now that I've had a chance to sleep on this, I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance the guys were just being friendly to the dog. Justified or not the owner went ballistic and became very insulting. It could have happened to any one of us.

It sounds like it, but I think there's more to it than this. Stay tuned....

See that's what I was thinking as well. Waiting for someone with more knowledge than I to confirm or deny or give more details than what I've heard and read.

I can see wanting to see the dog and I do not understand the circumstances but if they did call her a name and were rude after she asked them to stop they should be disciplined.

I was afraid this would blow up I was in the general area of this incident not an eye witness though,but people who were said that the guys were trying to get the attention of the dog with no Harm meant. Just as you and I might would do,but the young lady was very angry about it and voiced that. Although I don't agree with the gestures are guy's made I do understand not all people were raised like me and it's takes a little longer than a year to grow up become an auburn man realize the situation apologize and continue on with being great ambassadors of our great university. With that said I'm not ready to give up on these boys becoming good men!!!!

Two sides to the story. If she went off on them for trying to get the dog's attention, she's as much in the wrong as the players. She could have just as easily explained WHY they should stop instead of copping attitude. Being disabled isn't an excuse for being an ass whether you're a veteran or not.

Two sides to the story. If she went off on them for trying to get the dog's attention, she's as much in the wrong as the players. She could have just as easily explained WHY they should stop instead of copping attitude. Being disabled isn't an excuse for being an ass whether you're a veteran or not.

I agree. She's getting a lot of support (blindly in some cases) from her veteran friends online. She is a PTSD vet who said that the players called her a bitch after she asked them to stop messing with the dog.

THIS and let's be honest it is not as if you can automatically tell if someone is a veteran.

THIS and let's be honest it is not as if you can automatically tell if someone is a veteran.

No but the dog was wearing a vest that states "service dog" on it. I'm just paraphrasing what was being posted. I've also let it be known that the group should follow process before posting negative remarks about the university but it's a little late for that now.

If this happened exactly like the story says, I hope these kids never play a down for this team. Disgraceful. I don't care how good they are. This is much worse than a DUI or drug arrest or bar fight IMO. Unnaceptable. With that said, I sincerely hope that what actually happened is not what is being reported.

No but the dog was wearing a vest that states "service dog" on it. I'm just paraphrasing what was being posted. I've also let it be known that the group should follow process before posting negative remarks about the university but it's a little late for that now.

I have a question. As I am honestly ignorant about how to react to/with service animals. Can you not pet/talk to them as they go by? Also I hope the woman posting all the stuff can prove half of what she said cause if not it will end very poorly for her after the way she has very publicly attacked Auburn on the word of what appears to be a single individual.

They're about to feel the wrath of CGM. When coach asks them if they called her a bitch and if this is all true will know the truth cause coach will know if they lie. CGM takes harassment very seriously.

I have a question. As I am honestly ignorant about how to react to/with service animals. Can you not pet/talk to them as they go by? Also I hope the woman posting all the stuff can prove half of what she said cause if not it will end very poorly for her after the way she has very publicly attacked Auburn on the word of what appears to be a single individual.

There were witnesses. Her twin sister was one of them along with a couple of other students.

As for "service dog etiquette"... I'm not sure. I do know that the dogs are trained to pull their handler away from things that cause stress. She has the dog because of her PTSD.

Terrible alleged situation all the way around. It would be irresponsible for me to speculate so I won't, but respect and the ability to try and understand others are two lost traits in today's world. I just learned of this when my Bammer aunt shared it gleefully on social media, which is another sad thing. Things like this often get shared and blown out of proportion because of the happiness at the insignia the players represent rather than the disgusting act that is alleged to have been committed. Wrong is wrong. I hope the truth comes out, and if necessary, lessons are learned.

Read a thread on this over on AUC ... Seems the players aren't nearly "at fault" as it may first appear.

Feel bad for the girl if her issues are severe by that doesn't necessarily mean the players should be torched either.

Not cool to bother a service dog at all. I don't expect all people to automatically know this though. I would. Like to know her disabilities. I had not heard od a dog helping with ptsd. From way back here i would guess this can be resolved.

Not cool to bother a service dog at all. I don't expect all people to automatically know this though. I would. Like to know her disabilities. I had not heard od a dog helping with ptsd. From way back here i would guess this can be resolved.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/16/inspiration-nation-service-dog-calms-ptsd/15729181/

Just once I wish it was possible for some people on this board to reserve judgement on players until they know all the facts. You would think people would learn by now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/09/16/inspiration-nation-service-dog-calms-ptsd/15729181/

thx

Sounds like all parties involved have some growing up to do. It also sounds like people are making a federal case out of three kids losing their tempers over something pretty minor. I've seen this 100 times. People unwittingly push someone's buttons. Instead of calmly responding, that person responds with verbal agression, and then the offending parties, caught off guard by the verbal attack, respond in kind. Finally fuel is added to the fire when it hits social media and the poster "softens" their side of the story to increase the effect.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Archived