State Dept. Bungles Another One?

Proud Tiger

Looks like our adept DoS has screwed up another one and then tried to spin it as the usual "no problem.." Don't these people realize the danger they create for our Marines and diplomatic corp? The last paragraph (about weapons) is the reason CENTCOM was pissed with DOS although they will never say so publically.

http://www.foxnews.c...out-from-yemen/

Anybody heard from John Kerry lately?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like our adept SOS has screwed up another one and then tried to spin it as the usual "no problem.." Don't these people realize the danger they create for our Marines and diplomatic corp? The last paragraph (about weapons) is the reason CENTCOM was pissed with DOS although they will never say so publically.

http://www.foxnews.c...out-from-yemen/

Anybody heard from John Kerry lately?

From a technical standpoint, the connection could have been severed from this end at any time. If it could not be for whatever silly reason, then the DoS has bigger network problems than a WAN connection left alive.

In all seriousness, why is the DoS having two underlings be the voice and face for critical matters at this time? Where are the senior people and where the heck is John Kerry. Heck the DoD has an Admiral doing the job.

In all seriousness, why is the DoS having two underlings be the voice and face for critical matters at this time? Where are the senior people and where the heck is John Kerry. Heck the DoD has an Admiral doing the job.

Perhaps the formal face of the DoS thought they had more important matters to attend to, or maybe they thought the issue too complicated to explain to news agencies concerned primarily with soundbytes.

There is something more important than ISIS right now?

Does the DoS still think they are the JV?

Did you read my first post? My second one was based on it.

I did read it but missed your point. Thanks.

The entire article, and controversy, hinged on the point of OpenNet being potentially compromised. That is a network that ultimately terminates here. The remote connections can be severed at any time desired. If we were talking about my office network, I could see to it in less than a minute.

The entire article, and controversy, hinged on the point of OpenNet being potentially compromised. That is a network that ultimately terminates here. The remote connections can be severed at any time desired. If we were talking about my office network, I could see to it in less than a minute.

Bino. It would be completly irresponsible to cut the link until you are certain everyone is wheels up.

Bino. It would be completly irresponsible to cut the link until you are certain everyone is wheels up.

I did forget to add that it could be done within a minute from my home or on the road. The biggest delay for me would be waiting for the VPN to authenticate. Once that is done, the network admin can kill any remote connection into the local network (which is the nature of OpenNet, a vast VPN). A PC logged in as a user (or admin) in Yemen is only as much of a large data exposure threat as you (the admin) choose it to be.

Where does it say classified e-mails? Words freaking matter when you are essentially accusing our Marines of committing a crime. Tread carefully.

Psaki's claim that there was a long-standing plan conflicts with email traffic, just days before the evacuation, requesting further guidance and instruction on closing the embassy.

Also, by Feb. 8, three days before the evacuation, the emails clearly show the plan was to leave on commercial air, and not a U.S. military aircraft, which would have allowed the Marines at the post to take their weapons with them. During the evacuation, military personnel had to destroy or render inoperable their weapons before boarding the aircraft. There is no evidence the State Department tried to charter out to a U.S.-controlled airbase that would have allowed the Marines to stay armed.

Asked about the emails on Wednesday, Psaki said: "We successfully moved our personnel out. And I think that's what everybody should be focused on."

Psaki telling everyone what they should be focused on.

Harf mocking detractors, saying her message may have been too nuanced for them...

Never has there been such colossal displays of ignorance and incompetence by one administration.

AUUSN......You are just nitpicking to avoid the reality of what happened. Remember your erroneous comment about weapons?

Accusing our Marines of committing a crime? You are FOS. Did you even read my OP about putting our Marines in danger? I had dinner in Auburn Tuesday evening with an old Maine buddy from NROTC days. You couldn't carry his jock strap.

Carry on if you like with your crap. I'm fixing to go enjoy a walk around the Auburn campus on a nice crisp morning. I for sure won't waste any more time with you.

Hey Stry.....you need to talk your frend into getting the Stry Spirit.

No adults in the State Dept either...

You might feel at home, then.

non sequitur

:bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance: Bwahahahahaha

AUUSN......You are just nitpicking to avoid the reality of what happened. Remember your erroneous comment about weapons?

Accusing our Marines of committing a crime? You are FOS. Did you even read my OP about putting our Marines in danger? I had dinner in Auburn Tuesday evening with an old Maine buddy from NROTC days. You couldn't carry his jock strap.

Carry on if you like with your crap. I'm fixing to go enjoy a walk around the Auburn campus on a nice crisp morning. I for sure won't waste any more time with you.

Hey Stry.....you need to talk your frend into getting the Stry Spirit.

Really? I'm nitpicking? First you state emphatically that we left Secret e-mails behind. Do you have any idea how serious that is? You probably don't. I asked where in the article does it state 'Secret e-mails?' The you state fine, classified or sensitive e-mails. I asked where in the article did it state even that. Then you bore me with your freaking dinner story and your walking plans this morning. Marines are in charge of security at embassies around the world. THAT INCLUDES BEING IN CHARGE OF THE DESTRUCTION OF CLASSIFIED MATERIAL! You are accusing our Marines of not properly destroying classified material and COMSEC before leaving the compound. That is a crime! How about you have dinner with your Marine buddy again and he can explain to you the lessons of Vietnam. You can protest the government all you want but don't disparage the hard work our Marine Security Detachments perform all around the world.

I had a nice walk thank you but I see you are still foaming at the mouth. Please show me where I said anything disparaging about Marines. I simply posted an article. Is that a crime? Did you even read it? Apparently not because the article refers to sensitive info. Could they be classified? Who knows.....I don't and neither do you. You should be pissed with the DoS for putting the Marines in danger.

If you would read my OP I said (referring to DoS),,,,,,," don't these people realize the danger they create for our Marines"

Marines take orders from .. someone. If they're destroying their own weapons and leaving sensitive material behind, it's because they were told to do so.

Not their fault, it's the fault of leadership, higher up.

Like those who were told to stand down when Amb. Stevens was being murdered.

Marines take orders from .. someone. If they're destroying their own weapons and leaving sensitive material behind, it's because they were told to do so.

Great point Raptor.

There were no Marines in Libya. It was a contracted security detachment and thus not germane to this discussion.

Archived