Auburn vs Cal Pushed Back a Year

Texan4Auburn

I would welcome a game with Clemson. It is about time we kicked their rear end and make Dodo cry on the sidelines!

If it is just a one game "series" it will end up being someone like Wake Forest....gotta find a Power Five team..but someone that's a pushover?

If it is just a one game "series" it will end up being someone like Wake Forest....gotta find a Power Five team..but someone that's a pushover?

Why does that t need to be a pushover. Perfect opportunity to go grab a home and home with someone who worth playing.

^Because in the SEC, we need any easy win we can get. Every time we play a major non-conference game, we either end up for the fight of our lives, or completely choke. For crying out loud, our NC team almost lost at home to a 6-7 Clemson squad.

^Because in the SEC, we need any easy win we can get. Every time we play a major non-conference game, we either end up for the fight of our lives, or completely choke. For crying out loud, our NC team almost lost at home to a 6-7 Clemson squad.

eff that. Let's go compete. Are we scared of playing someone else decent? If we can't beat a good team in the regular season what makes you think we'd do so if we even got into the playoff? We're the SEC. If we're as big and bad as we think we are then we ought to be able to take on anyone. We've got four non conference games a year. Surely we can afford to challenge ourselves once out of those four. If all we do is take on the bottom feeders in these other conferences then the committee will hold that against us and it could cost us a playoff spot.

For the money we pay for tickets and the new agenda of picking the final four, we ought to play TWO quality opponents each year.

That would allow for one good at home and one on he road.

For travel money's sake, start out with a 500 mile radius from Atlanta Eliminate any named Clemson, or, FSU and see who wants to play

I would really like a long term West Coast game too.

For the money we pay for tickets and the new agenda of picking the final four, we ought to play TWO quality opponents each year.

That would allow for one good at home and one on he road.

For travel money's sake, start out with a 500 mile radius from Atlanta Eliminate any named Clemson, or, FSU and see who wants to play

I would really like a long term West Coast game too.

Check the travel costs for those west coast games....makes no sense to me to spend that money when good competition is all around is....and the Cal series? Can't see the benefit of that.

Cal is simply a different name from what we're used to seeing. Swap Cal for a much better Ga. Tech program and the howling would be off the charts. Some don't really want better competition, they want something bright, shiny and new to toss around.

Cal is simply a different name from what we're used to seeing. Swap Cal for a much better Ga. Tech program and the howling would be off the charts. Some don't really want better competition, they want something bright, shiny and new to toss around.

Since Cal doesn't do it for you, how about another series with USC or maybe UCLA. Oregon would be a quality game in a cool place. Let's go to OSU or Michigan. We can play quality opponents and get a good trip out of it at the same time. Some people are afraid to break out of their little cocoon.

Since Cal doesn't do it for you, how about another series with USC or maybe UCLA. Oregon would be a quality game in a cool place. Let's go to OSU or Michigan. We can play quality opponents and get a good trip out of it at the same time. Some people are afraid to break out of their little cocoon.

Miami would be ok. Beyond that, gimme' Ga Tech or Clemson. I like my cocoon!

I wish the series with Clemson in 2016 and 2017 would be called off. It's time for Jay Jacobs to want to see us to play someone other than Clemson all the time.

I think we should avoid playing teams from the southeast because thats what we do in-conference. Give the fans something fresh, give Auburn somewhat of a presence outside of the region, and give the players something a little extra to be pumped about.

We play Clemson more than we play Florida and the Gators are actually in our damn conference.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read like on futurefootballschedules.com that we have a 1 game schedule with Mercer at Jordan-Hare for Nov. 18, 2017.

Why not play South Florida or UCLA for 2 games instead of playing Clemson again. BTW, other than Louisville Sept. 5th, our other non conference games in 2015 are against Jacksonville State on Sept. 12h, Idaho on Sept. 19th and San Jose State on Oct. 3rd.

I hope the series with Cal will be played as scheduled.

It hasn't been cancelled only pushed back by one year. It actually works better for Auburn because they get the away game in the odd year and the home game in the even year. It also opens up the possibility of getting a home and home with another good program in 2018 and 2019

Archived