Men vs. LSU - Post-Game Thread

InfernoOrangeSS

First 6 game home losing streak in over 20 years. Mess left or not, this is not merely a talent issue. This is a worse streak than Lebo or Barbee had. Color me concerned

Seriously?

First 6 game home losing streak in over 20 years. Mess left or not, this is not merely a talent issue. This is a worse streak than Lebo or Barbee had. Color me concerned

It's a lot of things. A talent issue. A team chemistry issue (3 new faces brought in just this year to start and learning to play together). A depth issue. All of which are directly or indirectly faults of a decade of bad basketball. This is about what I expected, save for a game or two improvement on the W side. .500 was always going to be a lofty goal for this squad.

why not.....BP out of coaching what ??? 4 years....things have changed a lot including recruiting and player attitudes with the one and done and transfer situations. And I agree...it's more than talent right now. ...some guys not paying much attention to BP IMO. I expect he will get it together but coach has some ground to make up too.

Yeah bruce has to get back in his groove as well after sitting out three years but this team was never going to be better than .500. Forgettable year... Here's hoping to a strong 15/16 campaign.

Ready for this season to be over, as well as the Women's BB, and look forward to better results next year.

2 of our 3 best players weren't even thinking about AU this time last year, much less a part of the family. We are significantly undersized, outmanned, and have virtually zero quality depth- guys just run out of gas this time of year. There is nothing more Bruce can do. These are not excuses, just simple facts. The list could go on and on. This whole season is basically just gravy. Chalk it up as a learning and break the ice season. As others have said, 2-3 more years from now and we will be having a completely different conversation. A much better one.

I think some guys just wants this season to hurry up and be over.

Exactly, this team is through. I had higher expectations, but realistically this is about where we should have been. CBP will get talent in AU, I have no doubt. Anyone doubting him now is clueless on how sports, or well, life works. He has had 1/2 a recruiting class and the players he brought in carried the load (not withstanding Harrell). CPB has done all he can this year to wet down the dumpster fire this program has been over the last 10 or so years.

I do believe BP will get it going if he stays. That said, if the coach this year were anybody less known than Pearl, everyone would be screaming how bad we look and how we should have hired Pearl and how there has been no progress this year...well since we did hire Pearl, we can't say that can we....strange situation we are in. Gonna be hard for BP to recruit well enough when the product on the floor is this poor. Hope he can overcome it because next year isn't looking any better talent-wise or depth-wise

I think we will have better overall talent next year, but it will be mostly inexperienced!!

I think we will have better overall talent next year, but it will be mostly inexperienced!!

MAYBE...

We will be losing KT and Mason who are 1st and 7th in the SEC in scoring....combine for 33.5 ppg.

That's gonna be very hard to replace and actually get better

I do believe BP will get it going if he stays. That said, if the coach this year were anybody less known than Pearl, everyone would be screaming how bad we look and how we should have hired Pearl and how there has been no progress this year...

Your opinion must be based on not having watched the team play this year. Seeing the scores online and commenting leaves something to be desired. Watch a game and if you don't see the obvious improvement you don't know basketball.

I don't think anyone would have blamed any new coach for this season. The roster is not there. Hard to even judge bp when he enters a gun fight toting a knife. Might be worse next year.

I do believe BP will get it going if he stays. That said, if the coach this year were anybody less known than Pearl, everyone would be screaming how bad we look and how we should have hired Pearl and how there has been no progress this year...

Your opinion must be based on not having watched the team play this year. Seeing the scores online and commenting leaves something to be desired. Watch a game and if you don't see the obvious improvement you don't know basketball.

I have watched almost every game this year. Improvements? Knock on the team last year was they didn't play as a team on offense and it was every player for himself.

Assists per game last year: ranked 256 with 11.6 per game

This years improvement? 290th with 10.9 per game

Ppg last year...71.5

This year...68.6

SEC game defense last year. 68 ppg

This year 77 ppg....

Perception may not be reality

WE played aa tougher schedule this year and the SEC as aa whole is better this year then last year. We got great play from Mason and Harrell, our only impact big man is 6'6" tall, almost a completely new team from last year with so many new players including our only real Big man who arrived during the season and then a PG with two seperated shoulders. Next years team should be a little better up Front next year with Bowers, Atwe, Purifoy, and Spencer plus Reed having a year to bulk up. At guard we will haave some incoming talent but as freshman they won't be as good as Mason and Harrel.

I expect a similar record next year then hopefully we can have a a similar recruiting class coming in again. That should be the start of better Auburn Basketball.

If we can get to the NIT next year and return the eligible players the following year we will be on track to being where we want to go.

Until we get overall depth across the board with a dominating paint presence we will not be at the dance. As far a CBP, I think he did an awesome job of creating a basketball experience with limited talent. AU basketball would have been extremely difficult to watch without the new players and coaches. We need talent to look our way

Archived