More settled science....

japantiger

Reminds me of the black out in New York when kids were freaking out because they had never seen the stars before. What are those little lights in the sky!?

On my trip to McDonald, I was able to clearly view the rings around Saturn. I don't remember the exact size of the telescope but it was pretty big. (Not their main scope however.)

It was funny how after stepping up on the platform to look, everyone said the same thing - Wowwwww.

For some reason, it really is different to see something like that live and real.

The astronomer said he never get's tired of hearing that Wowwwww...

Reminds me of the black out in New York when kids were freaking out because they had never seen the stars before. What are those little lights in the sky!?

That is funny but I definitely can imagine it.

I have men at my work that have no idea what I am talking about. If they have been outside the city at night it was always in a car and usually only step outside at gas stations or hotels. It's sad that they must get outside the Columbus/Phenix City area to observe a true starry night but most do not care to put in the effort.

On my trip to McDonald, I was able to clearly view the rings around Saturn. I don't remember the exact size of the telescope but it was pretty big. (Not their main scope however.)

It was funny how after stepping up on the platform to look, everyone said the same thing - Wowwwww.

For some reason, it really is different to see something like that live and real.

The astronomer said he never get's tired of hearing that Wowwwww...

I can discern Saturn's rings and Jupiter's superstorm (as a dot) on mine, and it has a 4.5 inch mirror.

EDIT: I checked. The smallest scope they use for research on site is a 31 inch. Blows my paltry little guy out of the water LOL. You were probably looking through a 35 inch.

The first reflector scope I ever received was junk. Never had bad luck with refractor scopes. You get what you pay for. I paid twice as much for my scope as it would be priced now, though. :angry:

WTH? Revenge of the B) B) B) . ;D

Archived