Great Speech Today By Netanyahu at AIPAC

Proud Tiger

Netanyahu made a bad assumption in 1995. It may still come true. Obama made a bad one in 2014 saying ISIS is just a JV team. That has already proved to be vey false.

The Pennsylvania Air and Army national Guard could probably take more territory than ISIS has from IRAQ!!!

So let's hear it.

Do you feel that ISIS is a "NFL" team?

Do you feel they are comparable to the "Kobe Bryants" of terrorism? (If so, show me every attack they have made on United States soil that I can compare them to say Al Qaeda)

How was his statement about them being just a JV team really that far from the truth?

They over ran some areas of Iraq. They grabbed territory from a civil war torn Syria. They twitter a lot and recruit 16 year old girls.

With the help of some air support our "middle school JV" (fighting forces in IRAQ) is standing up to this all powerful ISIS that makes you lose sleep at night.

If the US decided right now to send troops in to end ISIS, how many days do you think it would take? {Serious question} HOW MANY DAYS????

Here is Obama's Quote again just for reference...

"The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a jayvee team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesnt make them Kobe Bryant,"

"I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian."

"Lets just keep in mind, Falluja is a profoundly conservative Sunni city in a country that, independent of anything we do, is deeply divided along sectarian lines. And how we think about terrorism has to be defined and specific enough that it doesnt lead us to think that any horrible actions that take place around the world that are motivated in part by an extremist Islamic ideology are a direct threat to us or something that we have to wade into."

For those that have reading comprehension problems he is basically saying that we are not going to swoop in and declare war every time someone kills in the name of Allah. If a beheading in India occurs today and they raise an ISIS flag we will NOT send troops in. ISIS attacked IRAQ for goodness sake. I-R-A-Q!!!

THAT'S what I'm talking about! :hellyeah:

Netanyahu made a bad assumption in 1995. It may still come true. Obama made a bad one in 2014 saying ISIS is just a JV team. That has already proved to be vey false.

He, the Likuds, and Trotskyite US neocons been making the same bad assumptions for 30 years. Its time we stopped listening and let them tend to their own affairs as a nation with the world's second largest nuclear stockpile should be able to do.

Bibi said in his speech today the Jewish people were stateless for 2000 years. I assume he knows.

It is history as I know it. I'm sure someone will point out any errors in my statements.

They were "stateless" (as he is referring) from around 63 BC to 1948. That is what??? about 1884 years

If you count 70 years of Babylonian captivity you get around 1954 years total. Maybe he stretched just a smidge.

to give a ethnicity back a nation they had lost 1954 years ago to me is aggression.

He, the Likuds, and Trotskyite US neocons been making the same bad assumptions for 30 years. Its time we stopped listening and let them tend to their own affairs as a nation with the world's second largest nuclear stockpile should be able to do.

You want them to use nukes? Hmmmm...

I wonder why in his listing of past conflicts or disagreements between the U.S. and Israel he didn't mention the USS Liberty?

Seriously, if that's the best you have, a near 50 year old accident, which can't be undone and has Z E R O to do w/ Iran's push to obtain nuclear weapons, then you're more petty and simple than I had thought.

Petty? You write off concern about Israel killing American sailors as "petty"?! :no:

" Concern " ? WTF does concern on a matter 50 years ago have to do w/ Iran's nuclear goals in 2015 ??? It's a complete red herring, having ZERO to do w/ the discussion at hand.

My point is that Israel is always about Israel, not the U.S. And the fact you are so gullible as to simply accept that incident as an accident tells me you are the "simple" one. Apparently, I have more faith in the Israeli military than you do.

The US isn't surrounded on all sides by sworn enemies. If Israel isn't for Israel, who the hell will be ?

And there you go again, back to the USS Liberty... good grief.

You folks are clearly willing to side with Netanyahu at the expense of our own country. And why? Because of partisan politics. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

And I can't help but note none of you have answered my questions:

1. Do you think we should walk away from the Iranian negotiations?

2. Are you prepared to initiate military actions against Iran?

Because that's what Netanyahu wants us to do.

Yes.

No.

We MUST support Israel.

because

it's the right thing to do.

We do support Israel. Is that support suppose to be unquestionable, unconditional? If their PM wants us to go to war for him, you support that? Do you honestly believe surrendering this country to the whims of the Israeli PM is the "right thing to do"? Is supporting Netanyahu, the same thing as supporting Israel? If you were the President and, Netanyahu told you to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities, would you simply say, "yes sir"?

Some of you have a very strange idea of what it means to "support Israel".

Any deal w/ Iran is a bad deal. Open your eyes. Even the best outcome scenario possible w/ this deal is suspect.

Working w/ Iran is NOT " supporting Israel " .

Very strange for anyone not to understand that fact.

Any deal w/ Iran is a bad deal. Open your eyes. Even the best outcome scenario possible w/ this deal is suspect.

Why? Because that is what a liberal, Democrat President is doing? Once an enemy, always an enemy? Why is any deal with Iran, a "bad deal"?

IMHO what we need to do is after the June deadline is to impose new and even harsher sanctions against Iran. When sanctions were eased, Iran was on their knees and the economy was in the tank. Iran's leaders don't like this because it stirs unrest among the people we have seen It was the people in the markets that rose up and lead to the overthrow of the Shah many years ago.

If we collectively do not stop Iran from getting nukes...Israel will. So let it be written...

We MUST support Israel.

because

Because, we just MUST!!!!

Everyone points to the obvious reasons - they are a democracy, strongest ally in the region, powerful military....etc.

But sooner or later, someone introduces religion - God's chosen people, biblical prophecy.....

I can't help but think religion is the bedrock of the strongest Israeli supporters in this country. That is disturbing.

I wonder why in his listing of past conflicts or disagreements between the U.S. and Israel he didn't mention the USS Liberty?

Seriously, if that's the best you have, a near 50 year old accident, which can't be undone and has Z E R O to do w/ Iran's push to obtain nuclear weapons, then you're more petty and simple than I had thought.

Petty? You write off concern about Israel killing American sailors as "petty"?! :no:

" Concern " ? WTF does concern on a matter 50 years ago have to do w/ Iran's nuclear goals in 2015 ??? It's a complete red herring, having ZERO to do w/ the discussion at hand.

Again, I didn't intend the reference to be directly relevant. (I thought I explained that. :dunno: )

It was illustrative of the point that Israeli will ignore our interests at the drop of a hat. This is not an equal partnership in more ways than the obvious.

You folks are clearly willing to side with Netanyahu at the expense of our own country. And why? Because of partisan politics. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

And I can't help but note none of you have answered my questions:

1. Do you think we should walk away from the Iranian negotiations?

2. Are you prepared to initiate military actions against Iran?

Because that's what Netanyahu wants us to do.

1) Yes.

2) No.

Does not walking away from negotiations simply give them Iran the green light to proceed with a weapons program? What's left to stop them?

And having said that, does that not mean we will inevitably be forced to engage Iran militarily? After all, they won't just sit back and watch Israel bomb their country.

I don't think you have really thought this through.

We MUST support Israel.

because

it's the right thing to do.

We do support Israel. Is that support suppose to be unquestionable, unconditional? If their PM wants us to go to war for him, you support that? Do you honestly believe surrendering this country to the whims of the Israeli PM is the "right thing to do"? Is supporting Netanyahu, the same thing as supporting Israel? If you were the President and, Netanyahu told you to bomb the Iranian nuclear facilities, would you simply say, "yes sir"?

Some of you have a very strange idea of what it means to "support Israel".

Very well stated. Once again we are struggling with dichotomous reasoning.

That is just a dumb, simplistic statement that couldn't be more wrong.

It's funny and revealing you are so mystified why others don't see it that way. Thank God we don't.

It's amazing to me how you would simply disregard the idea of a negotiated solution in a rush to war. You almost sound like such a war could be controlled.

We MUST support Israel.

because

Because, we just MUST!!!!

Everyone points to the obvious reasons - they are a democracy, strongest ally in the region, powerful military....etc.

But sooner or later, someone introduces religion - God's chosen people, biblical prophecy.....

I can't help but think religion is the bedrock of the strongest Israeli supporters in this country. That is disturbing.

Disturbing? I would be disturbed if someone checked their FAITH at the door. JMHO

Archived