UN Official: GW Movement is to Destroy Capitalism

Weegle777

Hope this isn't true.

http://www.truthandaction.org/un-official-real-reason-global-warming-scare-kill-off-capitalism/2/

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,” she said.

Referring to a new international treaty environmentalists hope will be adopted at the Paris climate change conference later this year, she added: “This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”

That has been the ultimate goal of the GW movement ever since it started. The environmental movement became the home of all the communists at the end of the cold war. The purpose of the UN is to fleece the United States treasury. It's spread the wealth on a global scale.

That has been the ultimate goal of the GW movement ever since it started. The environmental movement became the home of all the communists at the end of the cold war. The purpose of the UN is to fleece the United States treasury. It's spread the wealth on a global scale.

Do you offer any proof, any evidence?

Been saying this since before Hugo's speech in Copenhagen ...

The term " watermelon " has been around for a while now.

“The recent dry months, including the driest November in the history of the state, are a warning light to us all that the threat of climate change is no less menacing than the security threats that we face. I intend to act determinedly in this field. In a country that suffers from a severe water shortage, this is an existential struggle,” Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu http://www.jpost.com...reenhouse-gases

Not germane to the thread, USN

Well since you and your posse are hanging on every word Bibi says, I figured this would settle the debate.

You figured wrong. UN admits that which we already knew. Sucks that BN plays that game, but it's a con too well ingrained in the leftist dogma. Lotta leftist in Israel .

You figured wrong. UN admits that which we already knew. Sucks that BN plays that game, but it's a con too well ingrained in the leftist dogma. Lotta leftist in Israel .

Oh so he's just another pandering politician. He said "....the threat of climate change is no less menacing than the security threats that we face." So here, he's a politician pandering to leftists but his speech in front of congress wasn't pandering to his "right." I'm glad I don't have to defend that. It must be exhausting.

Long before GW ever becomes the dreaded "security threat" all GW proponents hope for, we will be swamped by our own national debt. So says Adm Mullen ... back in 2012.

"A nation with our current levels of unsustainable debt ... cannot hope to sustain for very long its superiority from a military perspective, or its influence in world affairs," Admiral Michael Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last month.

He also gave the same warning in 2010, btw. Sooner or later, we will be forced to address the out-of-control deficits contributing to our gynormus debt.

Oh so he's just another pandering politician. He said "....the threat of climate change is no less menacing than the security threats that we face." So here, he's a politician pandering to leftists but his speech in front of congress wasn't pandering to his "right." I'm glad I don't have to defend that. It must be exhausting.

Not when you live in bizarro world. ;D

Long before GW ever becomes the dreaded "security threat" all GW proponents hope for, we will be swamped by our own national debt. So says Adm Mullen ... back in 2012.

"A nation with our current levels of unsustainable debt ... cannot hope to sustain for very long its superiority from a military perspective, or its influence in world affairs," Admiral Michael Mullen, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said last month.

He also gave the same warning in 2010, btw. Sooner or later, we will be forced to address the out-of-control deficits contributing to our gynormus debt.

I like Adm. Mullen. He is a very well educated man. I believe he is a very principled man. However, both of these subjects are somewhat outside his area of expertise.

Not when you live in bizarro world. ;D

Yes, in a world where being duplicitous passes for principled and, cliched wisdom passes scholarly knowledge, it really isn't difficult at all.

Not germane to the thread, USN

"What do the Germans have to do with it"?.....Oh.....carry on :-)

I like Adm. Mullen. He is a very well educated man. I believe he is a very principled man. However, both of these subjects are somewhat outside his area of expertise.

Not hardly. He was, and still is, right on the money (pun intended.) In 2010, he pointed out that just the interest paid on the debt was equal to the entire DoD budget. In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, the debt has almost doubled since then.

Not hardly. He was, and still is, right on the money (pun intended.) In 2010, he pointed out that just the interest paid on the debt was equal to the entire DoD budget. In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, the debt has almost doubled since then.

Doubled? You haven't been paying attention. Debt in 2010 = 13 Trillion Debt in 2015 = 18 Trillion

Doubled? You haven't been paying attention. Debt in 2010 = 13 Trillion Debt in 2015 = 18 Trillion

A billion here, a hundred billion there, pretty soon we'll be talking some real money. Hence, the qualifier ... almost. The point is, if interest on the debt just about equaled the entire DoD budget then, it certainly is more of a problem now with the 5+trillion +/- increase in the debt. Agree?

So, that makes him a leading economist and, a leading climate scientist?

UN official said what he said. And yet, this thread grows.

Too funny.

So, that makes him a leading economist and, a leading climate scientist?

No ... as one who held the top position in the DoD, Adm Mullen was/is fully vested in identifying (real) threats to national security. That he chose to identify the spiraling debt (and not GW as Kerry/Obama have) as the top threat is pretty significant I should think. The CBO projects the debt out to 2025 to only get bigger. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/49892

Hope this isn't true.

http://www.truthanda...f-capitalism/2/

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.

Referring to a new international treaty environmentalists hope will be adopted at the Paris climate change conference later this year, she added: "This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history."

I am not sure you really understand what she is saying.

First, your title is a hyperbolic distortion - "destroy capitalism". :-\ Don't know where you got that from.

I think she's right. I think we are on the verge of a new economic and technological transition. Arguably, it's already started. And we have undergone numerous transitions in the past, such as the advent of the machine/industrial age. Assuming that GW is real, and assuming we will accordingly need to reduce the production and release of CO2 , it becomes obvious we will need to make a transition from carbon producing to non-carbon producing energy.

Now I realize that many on this forum are not willing to concede GW is real or that we need to reduce carbon reduction but if you want to understand what the author is saying, you need to recognize those assumptions - at least in the abstract.

Of course if you can't do that, you're free to believe that GW is a huge global scientific/political conspiracy to "destroy capitalism". :-\

There is no conspiracy. She said what she said.

She isn't the only one to let the cat out of the bag either. Every once in a while a liberal will speak up and reveal the truth about something. It wasn't long ago that Luis Gutierrez spilled the beans about what amnesty was truly about.

Archived