DOJ Won't Prosecute Wilson

Proud Tiger

When you're not the people being oppressed or mistreated of course it would never be a big deal....

This.

It's akin to a Bama person telling an Auburn person that Bama fans being snotty and acting superior toward Auburn fans is not really a thing or isn't a big deal. Exactly how Bama fan know? They aren't on the receiving end of it.

It's like watching football, your team hold nobody says anything about it but let that ref miss the holding call when your team is on defense, then the ref went to grad school at bammer and his wife is a bammer booster

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you're not the people being oppressed or mistreated of course it would never be a big deal....

That is kind of a blanket statement Cole. Believe it or not, there are those among us that desire all persons to be treated fairly.

And of course, those who do not. Why do we need to dismiss or minimize either? (Not referring to you specifically, 78)

Who is minimizing anything? The DoJ found Wilson innocent. Im pretty sure most people are aware that racism exists but does that mean we need to obsess over it daily? America is not a racist country but because its not perfect doesn't mean that there is a racist under every bed in ever community.

Who are you to say what's being obsessed? And since when was it even discussed daily?

'It's not Holder's fault you refuse to think beyond a surface level understanding of racial dynamics."

Here's my understanding of racial dynamics especially relative to this case. IMO, the vast majority of the the reaction in Ferguson would have never occurred had Al Sharpton not gone there and unnecessarily incited that reaction and George Soros had not funded all the outside participation.

'It's not Holder's fault you refuse to think beyond a surface level understanding of racial dynamics."

Here's my understanding of racial dynamics especially relative to this case. IMO, the vast majority of the the reaction in Ferguson would have never occurred had Al Sharpton not gone there and unnecessarily incited that reaction and George Soros had not funded all the outside participation.

Well, I think you're wrong in that regard. But that's neither here nor there. But why skip over the first part of what I said?

You read the report and that's your conclusion? Yikes.

That is kind of a blanket statement Cole. Believe it or not, there are those among us that desire all persons to be treated fairly.

And of course, those who do not. Why do we need to dismiss or minimize either? (Not referring to you specifically, 78)

Who is minimizing anything? The DoJ found Wilson innocent. Im pretty sure most people are aware that racism exists but does that mean we need to obsess over it daily? America is not a racist country but because its not perfect doesn't mean that there is a racist under every bed in ever community.

EXTREME IRONY ALERT!

Hint: The part in blue is minimizing the overt racism that was found.

Well, I think you're wrong in that regard. But that's neither here nor there. But why skip over the first part of what I said?

I agree with Blue. That truly IS the level of his understanding.

EXTREME IRONY ALERT!

Yes, he is on fire today.

EXTREME IRONY ALERT!

Yes, he is on fire today.

As is usually the case, you 2 really should get a room.

Yep. Might as well take him at his word. It's not like he doesn't reveal it in almost everything he posts.

If this was AU Family Forum circa 1964 Blue would be on here saying "Separate but equal is working fine. I see no reason for all this obsessing!"

I didn't skip over it I simply think your point is speculative. The protests were in direct response to the Michael Brown shooting. Its like when your wife asks you to go by the grocery store on the way home from work and you forget..when you get there and she finds out you forgot she's not just mad about that she's mad about everything not just that you forgot to do what she asked. Its human nature. Had the shooting never occurred neither would the protests and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

"the vast majority of the the reaction in Ferguson would have never occurred had Al Sharpton not gone there and unnecessarily incited that reaction and George Soros had not funded all the outside participation."

Not sure I agree with "vast majority" but, it would be difficult to deny Al, Jesse, Holder and President Obama did not have an impact on the reaction. The same could be said for the Garner and Trayvon Martin cases.

Not the Garner case, people are outraged with what they saw

I agree. People were also outraged charges of racism were promoted.

"the vast majority of the the reaction in Ferguson would have never occurred had Al Sharpton not gone there and unnecessarily incited that reaction and George Soros had not funded all the outside participation."

Not sure I agree with "vast majority" but, it would be difficult to deny Al, Jesse, Holder and President Obama did not have an impact on the reaction. The same could be said for the Garner and Trayvon Martin cases.

Good grief.

The police department in Ferguson is overtly racist. An unarmed black man is shot and his body sits on the pavement (for how long?) And you insist the riots were partly due to "outsiders"?

I used to hear the same language about "outsiders" coming to Alabama and stirring up trouble in the 60's, as if the "trouble" didn't already exist. :-\

I didn't skip over it I simply think your point is speculative. The protests were in direct response to the Michael Brown shooting. Its like when your wife asks you to go by the grocery store on the way home from work and you forget..when you get there and she finds out you forgot she's not just mad about that she's mad about everything not just that you forgot to do what she asked. Its human nature. Had the shooting never occurred neither would the protests and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If we skipped every post or thread that speculated a bit on this forum, it would have no threads. Plus, I don't really think it was speculative because all you had to do was read a few of the more thoughtful accounts of people in the protests telling you why they were there to know that it was a bigger issue that the Brown situation (even if the perception of it was wrong) was merely a catalyst for. But even if I did speculate, I do so from a place of common sense.

To buy your analogy would be to believe that if the Boston Massacre had never happened, it would mean the colonists really didn't have any simmering resentment toward Britain for unfair taxation and other grievances and that the Revolutionary War would never have occurred. Which is silly...if this or that flashpoint that kicked off the war for independence here or there hadn't happened, some other one would have and it would have been the final straw that would have propelled us to declare independence and take up arms against Britain.

Had the Brown shooting not happened, something else would have eventually kicked off protests because there were underlying problems simmering below the surface.

Good grief.

The police department in Ferguson is overtly racist. An unarmed black man is shot and his body sits on the pavement (for how long?) And you insist the riots were partly due to "outsiders"?

I used to hear the same language about "outsiders" coming to Alabama and stirring up trouble in the 60's, as if the "trouble" didn't already exist. :-\

Homes, your penchant for overreaction is too predictable. Look dude, I never insisted anything! I said it would be hard to deny. You obviously disagree. Your opinion. I have one as well. Does it mean I'm right your wrong or vice versa? NO!

Good grief.

Homes, your penchant for overreaction is too predictable. Look dude, I never insisted anything! I said it would be hard to deny. You obviously disagree. Your opinion. I have one as well. Does it mean I'm right your wrong or vice versa? NO!

Well you keep pushing this idea of "outside agitators", so it sounds insistent to me.

It sounds like you have a need to shift blame to your political boogy men.

Good grief.

Well you keep pushing this idea of "outside agitators", so it sounds insistent to me.

Saying it one time is the equivalent of "keep pushing?" Interesting. :-\

I said nothing about blame either. I said it would be hard to deny it had no impact on the reaction.

Yeah, I stand by my statement bro. Overreaction 101. :homer: (hang wit me, I'll learn ya sumpin)

Good grief.

I said nothing about blame either. I said it would be hard to deny it had no impact on the reaction.

Yeah, I stand by my statement bro. Overreaction 101. :homer: (hang wit me, I'll learn ya sumpin)

Well I've already learned you are willing to look past the reality of Ferguson to place blame on "Al, Jesse, Holder and President Obama" for racial divides that already exists. And there is absolutely no way of knowing if any of those people helped the situation or made it worse. That's just in your head.

If that's not focusing on "outside agitators" instead of the actual problem, I don't know what is. Like I said, it instantly reminded me of Alabama in the 60's.

So to me it reveals a glimpse into your soul. You can consider that as an over-reaction it you will.

If this was AU Family Forum circa 1964 Blue would be on here saying "Separate but equal is working fine. I see no reason for all this obsessing!"

I lol'd

Good grief.

Well I've already learned you are willing to look past the reality of Ferguson to place blame on "Al, Jesse, Holder and President Obama" for racial divides that already exists. And there is absolutely no way of knowing if any of those people helped the situation or made it worse. That's just in your head.

If that's not focusing on "outside agitators" instead of the actual problem, I don't know what is. Like I said, it instantly reminded me of Alabama in the 60's.

So to me it reveals a glimpse into your soul. You can consider that as an over-reaction it you will.

I realize your an old fart but, you are going blind or simply can't read or maybe had a brief moment of senility? Let me help you out with your comprehension regardless. ;D

Stating one had an impact on an outcome/reaction is a far cry from dismissing a pre existing reality of Ferguson. And it is certainly a far cry from placing any blame. (told you that once already) That my friend is your biased brain talking. :homer:

With regards to the 4 aforementioned persons helping or harming, I'd say both. To promote this single crime as something done with racial intent, when no evidence pointed to that fact, surely did harm. But, to discover racism within a department will hopefully lead to justice for an oppressed city.

In finality homes, I hated to shoot down you ill concocted glimpse into my soul, but I am sure you will recover. And :cheers: to a fast recovery.

In this case..."the big deal" was a lie.

Any major case that has received media it was either lies, or spun, or something like that let most on the board tell it.....coincidence? On this board Wilson is a victim, Martin was looking for trouble and got what HE deserved, Garner shouldn't have been fat and it wasn't the guy choking him and pressing all his weight on his head that caused his death.

Investigating an officer is jumping to conclusions, then a video is posted of an untrained civilian shooting targets to make a point to say look how quick a mistake can happen.

This board is flooded with stories someone saying something is racist that is questionable or overturned, yet all the different videos of policemen being racist aren't on here...

Then my favorite with anything that is wrong guarantee you will see something like I say this all the time or is that all? I thought it was going to be this, well both sides were wrong

I dont know about everyone else on this board, but i wish we would shut up and let the professionals do their jobs. The riots, the racial damage all took place pretty early in the ferguson Case. "Burn this Bitch Down" was an actual on camera statement. The evidence never showed this was anything other than a doped up thug stealing from a merchant based solely on his size, (he was unarmed.)

Ferguson is alone, by itself. The evidence, if anyone cared to actually look at it, showed exactly what Darren Wilson said happened.

But we had some two bit hustlers out there hustling a lie of "Hands Up , Dont Shoot" that never happened. The lie was more important than the truth, the evidence, the looting of the town, the merchants and their rights, and plenty of others who got railroaded in an attempt to TELL THE TRUTH.

This has absolute ZERO to do with any of the other cases at all. The facts proved what Wilson and other witnesses said happened was the truth. The only ones upset about this are those who wish to profit politically or financially from the lies. Funny, you dont hear Holder, the WH, Sharpton, etc out there now, precisely because they have already got what they came there for.

I have to disagree, David. I think they did find some things of significance. And I don't think they went in expecting to find mass coverups of negligent homicide. I do think they found less than some people expected. But they also found more than the Pollyannas who support anything policemen say or do just because they have a badge. There are troubling indicators, incidents and practices that do help one understand why there is so much mistrust in the black community in Ferguson. To be dismissive of that is to totally misread the results.

Titan, after the GJ report, we were told that it was improper and the result had to be improper too. Holder was going in as an avenging angel about all this. Bottom line was that the locals had done their job properly, the DA even over exposed the evidence in an effort to quell the racial animosity. Well he was excoriated as improperly handling the case, etc. But after $Ms spent re-looking into the case they found...basically nothing. A few extremely bad emails and several lopsided anecdotes that again were horrible, BUT nothing except what the local DA and FPD has found.

Ferguson was by itself, i am not addressing anything but that. All the rioting, looting, screaming, posturing, etc was all :bs:

There were some yahoos in the FPD, but it was nothing at all like we were lead to believe.

Wilson's life is just about over. The FPD got a huge black eye, partially deserved. The DA was called every name in the book FOR DOING HIS JOB IN AS OPEN A WAY AS POSSIBLE.

Archived