New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Back shot ...

image.jpg

Adds a completely different look to the stadium.

I can't wait to see what the backside will look like when it's completed.

Wonder if any wind studies were (or have) been done ? Without any background in such, I could see certain situations where air flow (or current disruption) could be affected.

Almost certainly. There's no telling what all was testes and thought of before assembling this monster.

Anyway, what exactly is going on the sides of the speaker?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back shot ...

image.jpg

Adds a completely different look to the stadium.

I can't wait to see what the backside will look like when it's completed.

Wonder if any wind studies were (or have) been done ? Without any background in such, I could see certain situations where air flow (or current disruption) could be affected.

Almost certainly. There's no telling what all was testes and thought of before assembling this monster.

Anyway, what exactly is going on the sides of the speaker?

Was thinking more about studies with effects of air flow on the game? Considerations with respect to laminar flow, swirling eddies, separation, cavitation, etc, on or near the ball.... even somewhat but less the effects of the folks in the stands... as opposed to the actual load or sheer on the structure itself.

More weekend work ...

Capture.png

Look like making room for an AU

Where do you see that?

I'm guessing the gap at the very top where the speakers will be.

More weekend work ...

Capture.png

Where do you see that?

jmmFw.AuSt.70.png

The Auburn A will be placed on the speaker directly.

More weekend work ...

Capture.png

Where do you see that?

jmmFw.AuSt.70.png

I completely forgot about that picture

More weekend work ...

Capture.png

Where do you see that?

jmmFw.AuSt.70.png

Wonder if the Auburn Tigers letters will have backlighting.

More weekend work ...

Capture.png

Where do you see that?

jmmFw.AuSt.70.png

Wonder if the Auburn Tigers letters will have backlighting.

Now that would look awesome at night. With an orange backlight.

Too bad this thing isn't a tilt screen. They could lean it back at strategic times so that the folks on the International Space Station could catch a few replays as they pass overhead. ;)

Dont ask me why, but this makes me very happy.

For some reason, i think this could be a game changer for recruiting and the way the rest of college football looks at the Auburn program.

If you want to compete nationally, you have to be willing to make big, bold commitments.

For some reason, i think this could be a game changer for recruiting and the way the rest of college football looks at the Auburn program.

If you want to compete nationally, you have to be willing to make big, bold commitments.

The ESPN comment section seems to suggest otherwise.

The comment section? Isn't the ESPN comment section typically filled with the same level of intelligence and insight that one finds in the comment sections at places like Yahoo and AL.com?

The comment section? Isn't the ESPN comment section typically filled with the same level of intelligence and insight that one finds in the comment sections at places like Yahoo and AL.com?

When the poster said "college football world" I assumed he meant fans. Believe it or not, the comment section is pretty indicative of fans thoughts. No matter how unintelligible they may be.

When the poster said "college football world" I assumed he meant fans. Believe it or not, the comment section is pretty indicative of fans thoughts. No matter how unintelligible they may be.

Actually, I find most comment sections at news sites to be a repository of societal misfits, mouth-breathers and idiots of all stripes with only the occasional commenter putting down anything that I might consider actual "thought" and certainly not any reliable indicator of the way any particular fan base (other than the aforementioned societal misfits, mouth-breathers and idiots of all stripes) feels about much of anything.

Actually, I find most comment sections at news sites to be a repository of societal misfits, mouth-breathers and idiots of all stripes with only the occasional commenter putting down anything that I might consider actual "thought" and certainly not any reliable indicator of the way any particular fan base (other than the aforementioned societal misfits, mouth-breathers and idiots of all stripes) feels about much of anything.

That's great.

I disagree.

Archived