New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Can you imagine watching Auburn play in the national championship game on that video board.

Put about 40,000+ in the stadium to watch the game and it would be almost as much fun as being at the game......and I expect a darn sight less expensive.

And away games. Someone get on that...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11420699_576374605834689_855082827_n.jpg

I was curious what work they had done lately since it appeared on the live stream none had been done over the past couple of days. I'm ready to see that metal cladding spread all throughout.

Not sure if I saw it here or another board, but is it true that there will two smaller video boards located on the back side?

Not sure if I saw it here or another board, but is it true that there will two smaller video boards located on the back side?

They aren't on the engineering spec sheet posted a while back, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be there. I have not heard that however.

They aren't on the engineering spec sheet posted a while back, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be there. I have not heard that however.

I think it was posted in this thread somewhere, but I have yet to see anything official either. I've been wondering the same.

Have they started on the new ribbon boards yet?

I think they have. On my live video feed it looks like they have removed some of the bleacher seats from the west side of the stadium and there are video panels all the way to the end of the upper deck.

I think it was posted in this thread somewhere, but I have yet to see anything official either. I've been wondering the same.

I do hope that there is at least something on the backside of the board. That would be a lot of just bland space.

I heard that Wade Christopher just placed the remaining siding of the scoreboard by hand...whole thing should be ready to go by 5 today.

Seriously tho, looks awesome. The size of this thing just can't translate to the pictures online.

I heard that Wade Christopher just placed the remaining siding of the scoreboard by hand...whole thing should be ready to go by 5 today.

Seriously tho, looks awesome. The size of this thing just can't translate to the pictures online.

Whoever told you may have gotten false info, considering if Wade Christopher was doing the work it would already be done!

Ps: Good one it made me laugh

I just drove by the new scoreboard and was looking at the backside. Will there be pictures of players on the backside like there were behind old scoreboard? I can't remember the other two players, but one was Bo Jackson. It looks like there are a large spaces for something, but was not sure if it was just more claden or something else.

No this is his small screen display from his bathroom he is giving to the university. He is getting a newer larger screen..

Would be cool if in the debut of the new screen they initially limited the size of the display to the size of the previous screen while playing the "kick six" video then as the ball is caught in the end zone to expand the display to the full screen for the full 109 yard return! JH would rock!

Archived