New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point during the day tomorrow (today?) I'll get a shot of the rear of the stadium same location as the previous 2. There has been a decent amount of progress.

At some point during the day tomorrow (today?) I'll get a shot of the rear of the stadium same location as the previous 2. There has been a decent amount of progress.

Thanks. I was talking to an Auburn student yesterday who told me they were framing out the two screens on the back. So I guess we will have those two?

Thanks. I was talking to an Auburn student yesterday who told me they were framing out the two screens on the back. So I guess we will have those two?

I don't think that is what will be going there. It could potentially be lit-up Auburn logos or something and they're just doing the wiring for them before put up the cladding and then the signs. But I'm not sure. It could also be to just leave it open while they finish up other projects because if they closed it up it would be extremely hot and unpleasant working in there.

My son and I drove down to Auburn yesterday, and I was able to take a few pics of AubieTron. The first two were taken through my car windshield and are a tad hazy.

For those of you who have not seen this in person, words simply cannot describe how huge it is. Folks are going to love it!

AubieTron%202%20DSC_5765_zpsu3azfh9e.jpg

AubieTron%203A%20DSC_5751_zpszj2jj6bt.jpg

AubieTron%201A%20DSC_5742_zpsqamyzjfo.jpg

I see what you are saying now, Logan. Doesn't look like screens are being framed to me either.

I hope that they do at least put something on there.

Wonder if they are still planning to put some panels on the backside ... looks like they could be framing them out? Hmmm ...

Wonder if they are still planning to put some panels on the backside ... looks like they could be framing them out? Hmmm ...

You would think that if they were then they would have had them up by now like they did the front before putting up the siding but what do I know...

I see what you are saying now, Logan. Doesn't look like screens are being framed to me either.

They may not frame the back just for the sake of ventilation.

I don't know much about these types of things, but to me that would make sense.

Ventilation won't keep that massive board cool. I read the specs somewhere but can't find them now, but it will have a massive air conditioning system to keep the guts of the video board cool. Therefore, the back of the board has to be enclosed and airtight, otherwise the air conditioning would escape.

Snapped another pic of the rear today:

gallery_50011_110_1363806.jpg

Personally, I think that they are simply working on the top rather than the rear right now. I don't think that they have the infrastructure in place to support multiple displays on the back, and displays that filled that entire area would be an odd aspect ratio, not well suited to showing a football game. If they are going to do screens in the back, I would imagine that they would need to "jut out", reason being is that I don't think that they would have room for the cooling system and the wiring components in between the screen and the frame.

Ventilation won't keep that massive board cool. I read the specs somewhere but can't find them now, but it will have a massive air conditioning system to keep the guts of the video board cool. Therefore, the back of the board has to be enclosed and airtight, otherwise the air conditioning would escape.

^^^^THIS

(2) 15T air handlers will cool the AV equipment from within the structure.

We'll it looks like its on fire from that pic. Think it's about the time to try out the AC.

Perhaps the back remains open simply because they have not finished the wiring required to illuminate the inside of the structure. Having the back open allows electricians to finish their work off the meter

Archived