Toney and Moncrief to Linebacker

1TexasTiger

Folks are starting with a mostly clean slate. Coaches see different things. We'll see what happens. Sometime a light does turn on. Looking forward to seeing who steps up.

Glad Toney is moving back to LB. Hope he can break out come spring ball

Good that Toney was moved back to his natural position (position he was recruited for). If he can't break into rotation this time he'll have to do some soul searching this time next year. But hopefully he'll have a strong showing this spring.

Ever wonder why he was moved away from LB in the first place? He can't have been setting the world on fire there or the coaches wouldn't have made him switch. Can he have some sort of Epiphany and become all-world there? Sure. Is that likely? Probably not. Best guess: He's being moved back to LB to provide some depth in spring practice, since the new signees won't be on campus yet.

You're probably right Mikey, but no harm to pull for the guy to get it together. He seems like a good character kid. I have a soft spot for team guys. Seems like I remember similar moves happening with the Landrum kid a few years back. Does anyone else remember that? But I think injuries may have played a role in his situation.

Glad Toney is moving back to LB. Hope he can break out come spring ball

Good that Toney was moved back to his natural position (position he was recruited for). If he can't break into rotation this time he'll have to do some soul searching this time next year. But hopefully he'll have a strong showing this spring.

Ever wonder why he was moved away from LB in the first place? He can't have been setting the world on fire there or the coaches wouldn't have made him switch. Can he have some sort of Epiphany and become all-world there? Sure. Is that likely? Probably not. Best guess: He's being moved back to LB to provide some depth in spring practice, since the new signees won't be on campus yet.

You're probably right Mikey, but no harm to pull for the guy to get it together. He seems like a good character kid. I have a soft spot for team guys. Seems like I remember similar moves happening with the Landrum kid a few years back. Does anyone else remember that? But I think injuries may have played a role in his situation.

Of course I'm pulling for Toney, but that doesn't mean I have to entertain unrealistic expectations. Landrum is penciled in as a starting DE at Jax State this year.

Archived