DOJ Filing Criminal Corruption Charges Aagainst Sen. Menendez?

Proud Tiger

Fox News (and others) reporting that the DOJ is preparing to file criminal corruption charges against Sen. Menendez (Dem., NJ).

Don't have a link yet. Guess the WH isn't happy he has been speaking out against the POTUS immigration policy.

Fox News (and others) reporting that the DOJ is preparing to file criminal corruption charges against Sen. Menendez (Dem., NJ).

Don't have a link yet. Guess the WH isn't happy he has been speaking out against the POTUS immigration policy.

he also made an impassioned testimony that he was not intimidated by those in his party who he felt were wrong about a deal with Iran and Bibi addressing Congress. Clearly, this will not be allowed. Open defiance from within the party of the leaders of the left looks, to me, like a dangerous proposition.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/06/politics/robert-menendez-criminal-corruption-charges-planned/

Menendez is being punished for not following the party line. Since the Democrats lost the senate and he lost his senate committee chairmanship, he is not an insider now and. They don't need him anymore. The stories about him taking the trips to the Dominican Republic came out several years ago from the Daily Caller of all places.

You guys are pathetically predictable.

So this isn't Obama's Chicago style payback ? It's just a run of the mill dirt bag Democrat who happened to get prosecuted ?

Huh.

Racist republicans attacking!!!

So this isn't Obama's Chicago style payback ? It's just a run of the mill dirt bag Democrat who happened to get prosecuted ?

Huh.

Like I said. You guys think indicting a Dem senator is a sign of a corrupt DOJ. Anything he does , your response is the same.

Huh.

Like I said. You guys think indicting a Dem senator is a sign of a corrupt DOJ. Anything he does , your response is the same.

That's exactly what I didn't say. But funny how you see it that way. Guess the dress is gold and white on your monitor, huh?

:laugh:

Huh.

That's exactly what I didn't say. But funny how you see it that way. Guess the dress is gold and white on your monitor, huh?

damn ole Tex has lost it. :dead:

Menendez is corrupt, the evidence was there for some time. I wondered how he kept his job this long.

tex, the partisans are doing the normal hack job, like some on the Left do as well. But Menendez is just flat corrupt and should have been removed before the 2014 election.

I wonder if he would have remained in the Senate if the Dems hadnt been fighting to hold it so bad.

Huh.

damn ole Tex has lost it. :dead:

So you don't think "Obama's Chicago style payback" implies a corrupt use of the DOJ?

You know, the use of emoticons don't make your comments suddenly logical.

Menendez is corrupt, the evidence was there for some time. I wondered how he kept his job this long.

tex, the partisans are doing the normal hack job, like some on the Left do as well. But Menendez is just flat corrupt and should have been removed before the 2014 election.

I wonder if he would have remained in the Senate if the Dems hadnt been fighting to hold it so bad.

So, is this the final word or is the guy even entitled to defend himself? If he IS as corrupt as you say, what does that say about democrats and why did they ignore his corruption? The timing of this just happens to wreak a fetid odor...thats all.

Blue....right. Add to that it was another late Friday release so as not to get as much attention.

Thankfully Fox is watching their late Friday releases.

So, is this the final word or is the guy even entitled to defend himself? If he IS as corrupt as you say, what does that say about democrats and why did they ignore his corruption? The timing of this just happens to wreak a fetid odor...thats all.

I was watching the Menendez story before the election. RCP did several articles on Menedez (elected 2012) and how even the Dems wanted him gone but they thought they would need him for control of the Senate. The DOJ runs him off and we have Chris Christie appointing a new Senator that will be almost certainly a Republican. Now, they have lost the election badly, it doesnt sting as bad. Now they try and retake the seat in 2018 or in a special election. BTW, Menendez was appointed to the Senate in 2006.

http://www.nytimes.c...arges.html?_r=0

He was appointed to the Senate seat in 2006 by Jon Corzine, a Democrat who had vacated the seat to become governor. While he entered politics as a reformer, Mr. Menendez became known early on as one of the most effective machine players in Hudson County, which is heavily Democratic.

On Friday, Democratic leaders in the state took to the phones to plot how, as one put it, “to move a lot of the pieces around the board unexpectedly” should Mr. Menendez step down. Even as they did so, they cautioned against counting out a man known as one of the most tenacious political fighters in a state famous for them. But Mr. Menendez is also one of the least wealthy members of the United States Senate, and may not have the resources for a protracted legal fight.

Republicans called for his immediate resignation.

The federal investigation began with a salacious tip — unproven and vehemently disputed by Mr. Menendez — that Dr. Melgen had helped pay for under-age prostitutes for the senator in the Dominican Republic. The women who made the accusations ultimately recanted, but the Federal Bureau of Investigation continued its inquiry.

It shifted its scrutiny to the senator’s relationship with Dr. Melgen and whether he had traded gifts for favors from the senator. In January 2013, federal agents raided Dr. Melgen’s offices in South Florida. He, too, has denied doing anything improper.

Dr. Melgen was in the midst of a billing dispute with the government over his reimbursement for Lucentis, a costly medication used to treat macular degeneration, when Mr. Menendez contacted the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

The court papers that were mistakenly unsealed also revealed that a grand jury in New Jersey is looking into gifts that Dr. Melgen gave Mr. Menendez, in addition to the Medicare issue, as well as a deal Dr. Melgen had to sell port-screening equipment to the government of the Dominican Republic.

The New Jersey Law Journal, which first reported about the documents last week, said the government also claims that Mr. Menendez, along with Senator Harry Reid, then the leader of the Democratic majority, advocated for Dr. Melgen in meetings with Kathleen E. Sebelius, then the secretary of health and human services.

BTW, the NJDP is moving folks around just in case Menendez does resign. The seem to be getting ready for it should it come.

The betting line is that Menendez will fight this all the way. He isnt a wealthy man however and the legal case may ruin the family financially.

I was watching the Menendez story before the election. RCP did several articles on Menedez (elected 2012) and how even the Dems wanted him gone but they thought they would need him for control of the Senate. The DOJ runs him off and we have Chris Christie appointing a new Senator that will be almost certainly a Republican. Now, they have lost the election badly, it doesnt sting as bad. Now they try and retake the seat in 2018 or in a special election. BTW, Menendez was appointed to the Senate in 2006.

http://www.nytimes.c...arges.html?_r=0

He was appointed to the Senate seat in 2006 by Jon Corzine, a Democrat who had vacated the seat to become governor. While he entered politics as a reformer, Mr. Menendez became known early on as one of the most effective machine players in Hudson County, which is heavily Democratic.

On Friday, Democratic leaders in the state took to the phones to plot how, as one put it, “to move a lot of the pieces around the board unexpectedly” should Mr. Menendez step down. Even as they did so, they cautioned against counting out a man known as one of the most tenacious political fighters in a state famous for them. But Mr. Menendez is also one of the least wealthy members of the United States Senate, and may not have the resources for a protracted legal fight.

Republicans called for his immediate resignation.

The federal investigation began with a salacious tip — unproven and vehemently disputed by Mr. Menendez — that Dr. Melgen had helped pay for under-age prostitutes for the senator in the Dominican Republic. The women who made the accusations ultimately recanted, but the Federal Bureau of Investigation continued its inquiry.

It shifted its scrutiny to the senator’s relationship with Dr. Melgen and whether he had traded gifts for favors from the senator. In January 2013, federal agents raided Dr. Melgen’s offices in South Florida. He, too, has denied doing anything improper.

Dr. Melgen was in the midst of a billing dispute with the government over his reimbursement for Lucentis, a costly medication used to treat macular degeneration, when Mr. Menendez contacted the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.

The court papers that were mistakenly unsealed also revealed that a grand jury in New Jersey is looking into gifts that Dr. Melgen gave Mr. Menendez, in addition to the Medicare issue, as well as a deal Dr. Melgen had to sell port-screening equipment to the government of the Dominican Republic.

The New Jersey Law Journal, which first reported about the documents last week, said the government also claims that Mr. Menendez, along with Senator Harry Reid, then the leader of the Democratic majority, advocated for Dr. Melgen in meetings with Kathleen E. Sebelius, then the secretary of health and human services.

BTW, the NJDP is moving folks around just in case Menendez does resign. The seem to be getting ready for it should it come.

The betting line is that Menendez will fight this all the way. He isnt a wealthy man however and the legal case may ruin the family financially.

You seem certain he is corrupt. I have no idea, he very well may be but there are some who feel the entire thing is politically motivated. I have no clue but the timing seems to signal the indictment is a pay back of sorts for defying Obama on Cuba and his deal with Iran.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/234966-cruz-menendez-probe-politically-motivated

“This investigation has been going on for over a year and yet the very week they announce a pending indictment comes within hours after Sen. Menendez showing courage to speak out against President Obama’s dangerous foreign policy that is risking the national security of this country.”

The crazy runs deep. The Dems hope to take the Senate back in 2016. This won't make that easier.

According to you guys, Schumer must be next.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/03/02/schumer-urges-bipartisan-focus-on-iran-nuke-deal-i-dont-trust-these-iranians/

Nope. The pantsuit stole his place in line.......

Archived