2017 4* ATH Jamyest Williams

RunInRed

Blessed to say that I have been offered by Auburn university #WarEagle

@Jamy0602

3435177.jpg

Jamyest Williams, ATH

Lawrencville, GA (Archer)

5'9 / 180

- 40 Time: (4.40 Adidas Showcase 2014), (4.44 Dawg Night UGA), (4.45 Georgia Tech Camp and Vanderbilt Camp)

- 40' Vertical, 275 Bench, 400 Squat

- Class of 2017

- Picked up AU offer 3/05/15

- Recruiter: Tim Horton

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 84, No. 9 ATH)

Rivals: NR

Scout: 4*

Offers: Auburn, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Clemson, Eastern Michigan, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Michigan, South Carolina, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

3284852.jpg

I do remember #1 in the Archer game vs. Colquitt county. He along with a couple other guys from Archer were built similiarly and had similar skills....very good players.

• 4 months later...

Top 5 with FSU, UGA, Clemson, and aTm

https://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1785340

Archer (Lawrenceville, Ga.) junior cornerback Jamyest Williams left Auburn on Wednesday with the Tigers in his early top five.

Williams, ranked the No. 11 athlete in 2017, arrived in Auburn in the morning with junior college athlete Dwayne Smith, four-star teammate E.J. Price and former Auburn running back Brad Lester.

Williams, 5-foot-11 and 175 pounds, took a quick campus tour before working out with Auburn secondary coach Travaris Robinson.

"It was a great visit. I loved it," Williams said. "It was a great chance to work with Coach T-Rob and I got a chance to talk to Coach (Gus) Malzahn."

The highlight of the visit was working with Robinson.

"Coach T-Rob is a very aggressive coach and that's what I like to see, a guy who is going to work me and work me hard and not just go through the motions," Williams said.

Williams left with the Tigers in his top five along with Clemson, Florida State, Georgia and Texas A&M.

"I love the academics and I love everyone here," Williams said. "I love how they carry themselves and it's a great atmosphere. Coach (Will) Muschamp is a great coach. I love Coach Muschamp, too.

"I enjoyed myself. They love me here and I love it here, too. I'll definitely be back for a game this season."

Rivals ranks Williams the No. 109 player in 2017.

"Coach ( Will) Muschamp is a great coach. I love Coach Muschamp, too."

That's either really high praise or a typo.

Kid is a beast, has outperformed seniors at every camp he's been too. Just needs to slowly add 15-20 lbs over the next 2 years and maintain his quicks.

Archived