My son was never a violent man

AURaptor

I can take this....I would like to see the white youth portrayed for what they are as well though...

" the white youth "???

Where ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah if not in this thread I've seen the black youth mentioned in one....as far as where I want to say anywhere but I can only speak for here in Alabama

I can take this....I would like to see the white youth portrayed for what they are as well though...

I can speak to what I know. I think we've had this discussion. My now 17 year old has been raised to know the rules, that there is no shortcut that overrides hard work, and that there is indeed absolute truth. He has bucked that, and as you know, had a 9 mm stuck in his face because he chose not to play by the rules. He is a lot like many of his peers, not wanting to pay the price of hard work and believing that simply because all the answers can be found on his iPhone that he knows it all. I am fighting tooth and nail to break him of that. I owe that to society at large. I will win that fight or die trying.

I'm missing where / why " the white youth " is even mentioned in this thread, at all.

Lady claimed her 19 yo armed robbery convict of a son wasn't violent.

That there is part of the prob. She & many are flat out blind to reality.

I specifically said if it's not in this thread it's in another but I imagine you didn't see it, so ok

I specifically said if it's not in this thread it's in another but I imagine you didn't see it, so ok

Saw that but still have no idea why you or anyone else even mention it here.

Ok....You understood the mentioning of jamies Winston and the two cops killed in the sae caught being racist thread though....

I think you're crossing the streams & confusing yourself by interjecting other thread stuff here.

But he and the rest of the military tried to tell the police that they were doing their jobs all wrong.

So you don't think the police need to consider different approachs like community policing?

No I think you're confused or you just don't see how you did the same thing to try to make points, or you're not confused and just showing some hypocrisy.

I'm intelligent enough that you don't have to accuse me of being confused on every post. If we both took an iq test you might would be surprised.....

AUUSN........While you defend young dudes shooting police officers. You don't even seem to care a cop has been shot thru the eye and the bullet lodged in his neck and the other shot thru the neck and the bullet lodged near his spine. Instead of expressing any concern for them you just want to spew you s**t on a message board.

Where did AUUSN "defend young dudes shooting police officers"? I missed it.

AUUSN........While you defend young dudes shooting police officers. You don't even seem to care a cop has been shot thru the eye and the bullet lodged in his neck and the other shot thru the neck and the bullet lodged near his spine. Instead of expressing any concern for them you just want to spew you s**t on a message board.

Where did AUUSN "defend young dudes shooting police officers"? I missed it.

I didnt. He's a bold faced liar.

I don't really get the point of this thread.

Well, other than the fact it's another opportunity to bring up race. Who was it that said you can tell who the racists are by the number of threads they initiate on the topic?

And what in heck is that supposed to be? :dunno:

Talk about a random straw man! It's ridiculous.

No I think you're confused or you just don't see how you did the same thing to try to make points, or you're not confused and just showing some hypocrisy.

I'm intelligent enough that you don't have to accuse me of being confused on every post. If we both took an iq test you might would be surprised.....

Apparently you're too stubborn to figure it out then.

ETA - I asked you what the point of the ' white youth 'remark had to do THIS thread, THIS topic. You replied ... 'either in this thread or in another ... ' which STILL doesn't answer the question I asked.

There IS no " hypocrisy " on my part, what so ever. Beside not commenting on the topic of THIS thread, you've pointlessly brought up matters from other threads, completely out of context.

And when I question you as to why bring THOSE up, and you don't answer, what else am I suppose to think other than you're confused.

And btw - this ACT of yours, where you play all indignant and offended when ever anyone questions you, or brings up an opposing point of view to your own, and YOU believe that person is some how questioning your intelligence...it's getting old. Enough already. We get it, you're a freaking nuclear engineer, or what ever. The future is so bright , you're wearing shades, message received. But being WRONG about something or even having your opinion questioned isn't an attempt by another person to insinuate that you're a idiot.

Which I've not done, and yet, once again, you play the " I'm intelligent enough to... blah blah blah."

Try a new tactic. This one's worn and tired.

But he and the rest of the military tried to tell the police that they were doing their jobs all wrong.

So you don't think the police need to consider different approachs like community policing?

The problem is that with the massive amount of coverage by the media on this subject, police all across the country are now seen as the enemy. How many stories of cops doing great things in the communities are shown on the news compared to the stories where they shoot somebody?

You don't see them because those don't generate clicks. The bad stuff does. No amount of community policing will help if the media keeps showing the 1 time out of 100 where a cop has to use his weapon.

Until the news media realizes that they are the problem, nothing will help the Police's image.

Apparently you're too stubborn to figure it out then.

ETA - I asked you what the point of the ' white youth 'remark had to do THIS thread, THIS topic. You replied ... 'either in this thread or in another ... ' which STILL doesn't answer the question I asked.

There IS no " hypocrisy " on my part, what so ever. Beside not commenting on the topic of THIS thread, you've pointlessly brought up matters from other threads, completely out of context.

And when I question you as to why bring THOSE up, and you don't answer, what else am I suppose to think other than you're confused.

And btw - this ACT of yours, where you play all indignant and offended when ever anyone questions you, or brings up an opposing point of view to your own, and that person is some how questioning your intelligence...it's getting old. Enough already. We get it, you're a freaking nuclear engineer, or what ever. The future is so bright , you're wearing shades, message received. But being WRONG about something or even having your opinion questioned isn't an attempt by another person to insinuate that you're a idiot.

Which I've not done, and yet, once again, you play the " I'm intelligent enough to... blah blah blah."

Try a new tactic. This one's worn and tired.

This entire post is stupid. First of all yes I commented from another thread, if that's wrong then I'll take that. Still doesn't change the fact you did the EXACT same thing yesterday.

You would have to be an idiot or just a liar to say I get upset when someone disagree with me. My comment was directed to you constantly saying I'm confused every time I post. All that bull you just posted is just a lie then you cry when you're called a liar...go figure.

You lie, manipulate, take things out of context so you can stand on a soap box and spit out garbage. Nothing you said in this post was true as far as anybody disagreeing with me. Only time I've ever even argued about your sly disses with my intelligence is when you said I'm confused and that doesn't have anything to do with any opinion you have.

This entire post is stupid. First of all yes I commented from another thread, if that's wrong then I'll take that. Still doesn't change the fact you did the EXACT same thing yesterday.

It's not so much that it's wrong, but it's sometimes confusing. You just dropped the ' white kids' comment in there, w/ no clarification, no context, and with out ANY comment on the original post.

I don't know what you're talking about, but I generally do try to reply to the issue of the thread being discussed, even if by referencing another topic / thread.

You would have to be an idiot or just a liar to say I get upset when someone disagree with me. My comment was directed to you constantly saying I'm confused every time I post. All that bull you just posted is just a lie then you cry when you're called a liar...go figure.

I'm neither an idiot or a liar, as you DO often resort to that " I am TOO smart ! " defense. It's plain that it bothers you because you KEEP SAYING IT when ever anyone says something to which you object. I POLITELY asked you to clarify your first comment, and you refused to do so. What else am I to think when A - You don't comment on the topic and B - even when asked to clarify something, you act all insulted

Yeah, when you falsely accuse me of lying, it does bother me. As it should anyone. And that's what you constantly do , is falsely accuse others of lying. That too is a tired act. You should retire it.

You lie, manipulate, take things out of context so you can stand on a soap box and spit out garbage.

* Fact is, I've never lied on a message board. There's no NEED to. That you get confused, well, that's not my problem, is it ? If you can't coherently form a clearly formed thought, then how is it MY fault i can't understand what you're trying to say ? And if I ASK you what you mean, or what that has to do w/ anything, YOUR reply is to tell me you're smart ( Yes, we know ) and then to call me names.

:rolleyes:

Nothing you said in this post was true as far as anybody disagreeing with me. Only time I've ever even argued about your sly disses with my intelligence is when you said I'm confused and that doesn't have anything to do with any opinion you have.

There were no sly disses. You just took them that way. If you've got nothing to say on the topic of THIS thread, then just say so.

I won't lose any sleep over it. I promise.

* I've been sarcastic, and said thing which were clearly meant as jokes. If anyone misread those , then I do apologize for the confusion.

No you go off topic, you said that anytime someone disagrees with my opinion I use some sort of "tactic" and become offended. That is a blatant lie, the only time we've ever exchanged words about this issue is when you tell me I'm confused, and when I simply state to you I'm intelligent enough not to confuse myself you feel some type of way and mention my being a nuclear engineer and I'm TOO smart. Apparently you feel a type of way about that, which I am not sorry.

You also stated you asked me what I mean and my reply to you was that I'm smart. That is another lie, that did not happen, this is you once again trying to manipulate words.

Lastly you stated if that if I don't coherently speak to you and you don't understand how is it your fault. It's not your fault but if it was coherent or not is subjective, either way that's still not me being confused. Actually by definition of the word that statement you made is you saying you were confused.

I always love seeing old white guys who live in their posh gated communities, discussing race as though they have it all figured out.

It can go both ways you know....just saying. That said, what do you do with someone who commits a crime? Do we need a third party to come in and see if the criminal or the cop is at fault for every case? If you commit a crime the end result could be jail. Now, is there a problem with sentencing? Absolutely!

No you go off topic, you said that anytime someone disagrees with my opinion I use some sort of "tactic" and become offended. That is a blatant lie, the only time we've ever exchanged words about this issue is when you tell me I'm confused, and when I simply state to you I'm intelligent enough not to confuse myself you feel some type of way and mention my being a nuclear engineer and I'm TOO smart. Apparently you feel a type of way about that, which I am not sorry.

it's not a LIE, jack ass. It's exactly how I see you reacting , time and time again. You not liking something or even agreeing w/ me doesn't make me a " liar " . Seriously, learn the definition of certain words before you go tossing them around. ( You're perpetually getting this one, "liar ", wrong )

My son was never a violent man. Have you even said word ONE about this topic here ???

You also stated you asked me what I mean and my reply to you was that I'm smart. That is another lie, that did not happen, this is you once again trying to manipulate words.

Lastly you stated if that if I don't coherently speak to you and you don't understand how is it your fault. It's not your fault but if it was coherent or not is subjective, either way that's still not me being confused. Actually by definition of the word that statement you made is you saying you were confused.

When in doubt, I asked for clarification. I didn't yammer on about how smart I am, nor did I call you names, or bear false witness. Go back and read it again * ( slowly, if you need to ) , and try to figure it out.

* Yes, that was me being insulting, to you, on purpose.

You trying to jumble up and manipulate words again. If you can't cite a time I've spoken to you about intelligence minus the times you said I was confused then you're lying.

Yes what I said was tied up in this topic, but once again you came into the SAE thread and started talking about Jameis Winston. AUUSN mentioned to you it had nothing to do with the topic, then PT mentioned the two policemen being shot and you quoted him as well. So my point is you came in a thread and mentioned things that didn't have anything to do with topic and didn't have a problem with it. Someone else did in the same thread and you didn't have a problem with it. So I don't see any need of you trying to police and chastise me. Because I'm sure that's not the only time you've done so.

Lastly once again if you don't try to tell me I'm confused I don't mention that I'm intelligent enough not to confuse myself (lol at how it makes you upset about my profession) and since you insulted my intelligence once again, I've done enough in my young life to prove I'm intelligent, you haven't offered anything on this board that ONE person here feels that you're on a higher level of intelligence that we are in awe. You're looked at as a regular guy like most here. Nobody says that Auraptor is a genius man....

The problem is that with the massive amount of coverage by the media on this subject, police all across the country are now seen as the enemy. How many stories of cops doing great things in the communities are shown on the news compared to the stories where they shoot somebody?

You don't see them because those don't generate clicks. The bad stuff does. No amount of community policing will help if the media keeps showing the 1 time out of 100 where a cop has to use his weapon.

Until the news media realizes that they are the problem, nothing will help the Police's image.

Let's try this.

What did you mean by: "he and the rest of the military tried to tell the police that they were doing their jobs all wrong."

It sounded like community policing, walking around, getting to know the people you police. To Improve policing necessarily means changing from what you are doing.

Frankly, that's a strange perception to take on it. It sounds like someone who doesn't recognize the need for a different approach. Do you feel that changes are needed in places like Ferguson and/or other places with community/police relations are poor?

And those conditions exist regardless of media coverage of the problem. Pointing a finger at media is not facing the actual problem.

So what, do tell, is THE PROBLEM as you see it?

Archived