Does Iran know that a non treaty agreement isn't legally binding?

cooltigger21

It appears that the news that any agreement negotiated between the Obama administration and Iran is not legally binding was news to the Iranians. Despite the fact that these people supposedly had high education in american universities, that was long ago and they likely didn't pay attention to such things at the time, if they were ever taught that at all. I would venture to say that if you polled college students or even college graduates from this country they wouldn't know that either. http://twitchy.com/2...egally-binding/

Now Alex that's being judgmental. You know the mullahs are just peace loving people that want to have a peaceful nuclear power program for their country. They wouldn't dare develop a bomb.

Right ct.....AUUSN is watching them.

Lock him in a broom closet with a hippo and turn on the light and he still couldn't find it. His hero won't do anything about because he doesn't want to.

Lock him in a broom closet with a hippo and turn on the light and he still couldn't find it. His hero won't do anything about because he doesn't want to.

LOL. "Post of the Day"...

LOL. "Post of the Day"...

Turd Mod. Laughs while I'm insulted and slandered.

hey liar. Thanks for taking me out of context. You don't have the brain power to debate me so you resort to this.

Poor baby......loves to sling insults but whines when he gets them.

No one has the kind of brain you have,,,,,,thank goodness.

Poor baby......loves to sling insults but whines when he gets them.

No one has the kind of brain you have,,,,,,thank goodness.

Liar!

Your vocabulary seems to be rather limited.

Can't you even make a post without looking in the mirror?

Move on. I know you are lonely and need attention. Get a dog.

You are my puppy.

I'm not lonely at all. Sitting on the balcony of my Auburn condo with my lovely wife laughing at your silly posts. Going to see some spring practice in a few minutes.

You are my puppy.

I'm not lonely at all. Sitting on the balcony of my Auburn condo with my lovely wife laughing at your silly posts. Going to see some spring practice in a few minutes.

Tell your wife I'm sorry she has to live with you...

Iran is far more likely to make a bomb they can give to a suicide bomber. A suitcase bomb in a car or other vehicle can do enough damage somewhere to cause worldwide panic. If they were to do that in a major US city then Obama wouldn't strike back. He would be far more likely to capitulate.

this is jr highish.

Amen. Come on guys. Where is that Stry Spirit? If that don't work please let the ignore button be your friend.

Amen. Come on guys. Where is that Stry Spirit? If that don't work please let the ignore button be your friend.

I would love to think that if nothing else there could be an effective compromise between the Stry Spirit (you flatter me), and the ignore button. That said, I hold out hope, but I do remain realistic in the meantime.

I would love to think that if nothing else there could be an effective compromise between the Stry Spirit (you flatter me), and the ignore button. That said, I hold out hope, but I do remain realistic in the meantime.

You my friend are deserving of the flattery. I very much appreciate your ability to discuss issues with class not contempt.

It appears that the news that any agreement negotiated between the Obama administration and Iran is not legally binding was news to the Iranians. Despite the fact that these people supposedly had high education in american universities, that was long ago and they likely didn't pay attention to such things at the time, if they were ever taught that at all. I would venture to say that if you polled college students or even college graduates from this country they wouldn't know that either. http://twitchy.com/2...egally-binding/

but but but, I thought all that Cotton's "stunt" did was give them a lecture in 10th grade civics. :jossun:

but but but, I thought all that Cotton's "stunt" did was give them a lecture in 10th grade civics. :jossun:

The not legally binding semantics was Obama and the State Dept twisting themselves into a pretzel to exclude the Senate's input and/or participation in the process. Also the ayatollah would be well advised to know that US Constitutional law trumps international law.

So you all know that the U.S. is only one of the countries negotiating with Iran, right? Included is UK, Russia, China, France, and Germany. Also, if all of the countries come to agreement it's possible that it will go to the U.N. Security Council for a vote, which would be legally binding. This is what Iran ultimately wants, but if these negotiations blow up, it is possible that the EU decides not to continue with sanctions which would mean the U.S. sanctions on Iran would be essentially meaningless.

I know we like to think that the U.S. really is the center of the universe, but really, this is a global issue. Our own people trying to blow things up is not productive at all.

More reading on the subject

Archived