Does Iran know that a non treaty agreement isn't legally binding?

cooltigger21

So you all know that the U.S. is only one of the countries negotiating with Iran, right? Included is UK, Russia, China, France, and Germany. Also, if all of the countries come to agreement it's possible that it will go to the U.N. Security Council for a vote, which would be legally binding. This is what Iran ultimately wants, but if these negotiations blow up, it is possible that the EU decides not to continue with sanctions which would mean the U.S. sanctions on Iran would be essentially meaningless.

I know we like to think that the U.S. really is the center of the universe, but really, this is a global issue. Our own people trying to blow things up is not productive at all.

More reading on the subject

laws don't matter to iran. You have to come to an agreement both sides can live with. If that cannot be reached then they must understand their nuke facilities will be disabled. We nor they want that, unless you are an idiot republican.

So you all know that the U.S. is only one of the countries negotiating with Iran, right? Included is UK, Russia, China, France, and Germany. Also, if all of the countries come to agreement it's possible that it will go to the U.N. Security Council for a vote, which would be legally binding. This is what Iran ultimately wants, but if these negotiations blow up, it is possible that the EU decides not to continue with sanctions which would mean the U.S. sanctions on Iran would be essentially meaningless.

I know we like to think that the U.S. really is the center of the universe, but really, this is a global issue. Our own people trying to blow things up is not productive at all.

laws don't matter to iran. You have to come to an agreement both sides can live with. If that cannot be reached then they must understand their nuke facilities will be disabled. We nor they want that, unless you are an idiot republican.

Only an idiot would believe we can make a deal with these people that can be enforced. Obama is just foolish enough to believe that HE is capable of doing so. Let's just say for the sake of argument they just want the sanctions lifted and they don't intend on making a nuclear bomb, which I don't buy for a minute but let's just say they do. With the sanctions lifted are they then going to start making life better for the average Iranian citizen? Of course not. They then will have even more ability to sponsor even more terrorism around the world. They are the leading exporters of that product. Obama likes giving tyrants a fresh source of money.

Only an idiot would believe we can make a deal with these people that can be enforced. Obama is just foolish enough to believe that HE is capable of doing so. Let's just say for the sake of argument they just want the sanctions lifted and they don't intend on making a nuclear bomb, which I don't buy for a minute but let's just say they do. With the sanctions lifted are they then going to start making life better for the average Iranian citizen? Of course not. They then will have even more ability to sponsor even more terrorism around the world. They are the leading exporters of that product. Obama likes giving tyrants a fresh source of money.

So war is the only viable option?

Did you miss the part where Obama is only one of the five major world leaders negotiating this deal?

Did you miss the part where Obama is only one of the five major world leaders negotiating this deal?

Negotiations are irrelevant. Iran is irrelevant. Obama = evil, and that is all that is relevant.

US Constitution trumps UN.......

There is a real lack of AUUSN posting esoteric non-sequitors like in the past.

I miss those long past days (EX: a week or so ago)

Just FYI for all of you who might not know. nothing is "binding" the top % will decide on the actions. the bottom few % will act on them, and the middle will complain about them.

No

I didn't expect you to Alex. Try listening sometime. It will astound you. War is not the only option. We don't let them get anywhere near making a bomb and we don't lift the sanctions that have been imposed on them. Too many people assume it's an either or situation If there is no other choice then yes I say military force is an option but the last one. Iran must not be allowed to have those kinds of weapons period. THEY are the number one instigator of trouble around the world but somehow all the hatred is focused on Israel. Obama and John Kerry view Israel as the problem just like they views the United States as the problem.

No

I didn't expect you to Alex. Try listening sometime. It will astound you. War is not the only option. We don't let them get anywhere near making a bomb and we don't lift the sanctions that have been imposed on them. Too many people assume it's an either or situation If there is no other choice then yes I say military force is an option but the last one. Iran must not be allowed to have those kinds of weapons period. THEY are the number one instigator of trouble around the world but somehow all the hatred is focused on Israel. Obama and John Kerry view Israel as the problem just like they views the United States as the problem.

"Darn" (fixed that for you)...but I love a tightly focused, well structured argument. :-\/>

Not sure what it's for, but does it really matter? ;D/>

You ever notice how things that are said by the bad guys of the world sound just like the things democrats say? It's uncanny.

I have and, frankly, it is somewhat refreshing to see something labelled as "treasonous", even though it isn't in this case, and not see democrats falling all over themselves lining up behind it and trying to join in on the fray. I guess the fact that it isn't treasonous explains their indifference. Hell, John "Bolt Neck" Kerry is no better than Hanoi Jane. He made a trip to Nicaragua during their civil war and while there openly sided with the Soviet Union in support of the Sandinistas against Reagan and the Contras. Democrats have always been quick to align with the enemies of the US that's why nobody trusts their foreign policy agendas.

The 47 republican senators explained the U.S. process and warned the Iranians that the U.S. Government could ignore any sole executive agreement at anytime.

Even Kerry publicly stated that the agreement is not legally binding on the U.S.

Only The Iranians are stating this agreement would be binding under international law.

Why are we even negotiating?

The 47 republican senators explained the U.S. process and warned the Iranians that the U.S. Government could ignore any sole executive agreement at anytime.

Even Kerry publicly stated that the agreement is not legally binding on the U.S.

Only The Iranians are stating this agreement would be binding under international law.

This pretty much sums it up for you better than I ever could:

w300-1a55bccf96a382fae8909f8bac81443e.jpg

This pretty much sums it up for you better than I ever could:

w300-1a55bccf96a382fae8909f8bac81443e.jpg

If it were not so very true, it would be funny. Thanks for sharing Blue. Nailed it!!!

Archived